2012 pricing

trendkilllx

Established Member
Asked an out of state dealer out the door price on a 2012 base gt, 35k. Also found out when registering the car in california you have to pay a tax, might be 8.5%, anyhow 38k for a base gt, not counting any finance charges seems a bit high.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Sounds real high.
I just bought a Lava Red 2012 base GT with auto trans for my wife. My Ford A plan price was $26,850. with rebates. Tax not included.
Sticker was $31,300 You should be able to do much better than 35k

Last edited:

kingnut

Established Member
wow. i got a deal waiting on a 2012 yellow blaze with brembos and 373s for $31,400

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Asked an out of state dealer out the door price on a 2012 base gt, 35k. Also found out when registering the car in california you have to pay a tax, might be 8.5%, anyhow 38k for a base gt, not counting any finance charges seems a bit high.

You will pay a personal property tax at registration.

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
Thats pretty high I feel, what's the msrp on it? I bought my 2011 gt 6m, brembo's w/3.73's & yellow blaze paint upgrade on oct 15, 2010 for $1,875.00 below invoice. I used the usaa car buying service which prenegotiates for you for a final price. The car's msrp was 33,080.00. I paid $28,345.00 plus tax, tag & title. I recommend if you are a usaa member to use this service. I lucked out and didn't have to pay for the $495.00 paint upgrade, because I wrote the check for a white one the week prior, but they delivered me the yellow blaze instead without me knowing so it would have been $1,375.00 below invoice of $30,215.00. I say shop some more or cheeck out used. The only thing I would have changed was gotten the premium gt they are a lot nicer inside with the premium gauges, stereo, leather, sync, my color... etc.

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
GOPR0544.jpg

As you can see, for today's pricing using usaa car buying service, on a base 2012 gt with no add ons would be $25,854.00 plus taxes for my zip code 28348 which is near Fayetteville NC. Looks like you would be paying 9 grand too much.:eek:

trendkilllx

Established Member
usaa car buying service

MSRP was 31k+ with the destination charge. I had not heard of the usaa car buying service, , wondering if it makes a difference on what they will sell the car for? Will shop around, may have to wait for a used deal since I live in California. Like the yellow blaze! have one in town that color.

Last edited:

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
had not heard of the usaa car buying service, , wondering if it makes a difference on what they will sell the car for? Will shop around, may have to wait for a used deal since I live in California. Like the yellow blaze! have one in town that color.

What's your zipcode in CA, I can see what it would cost for your area before tax, tag, and title for a base gt. The prenegotiated price is exactly that, so thats what you would pay plus tax, tag & title, no haggling involved, you just bring them the paperwork and they sell you the car for the usaa price, done deal. Check out usaa.com to see if you are eligible for membership. It's basically an online bank for the military and there families, I believe non military can still become a member, just can't use their insurance. It's just an idea, I'm not a salesman for them, I'm a soldier in the U.S. Army.

Last edited:

DEADLY FORCE

Established Member
$26,679.00 plus taxes is what I would pay in Ridgecrest Ca 93555 zip code in your area. So it would be about $800.00 more to buy it on the west coast using USAA.

Users who are viewing this thread