2012 Stang Rear Brakes Squeaking!!!!

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
Forgot to mention that I was going to take it to the dealership I purchased it from (hadn't gone there because of how far it is from me) and explained to the service tech guy over the phone that the issue is most likely a bent axle flange, and that the issue isnt with the brakes. I told him the tsb was applied and didn't fix it. He told me that since I am over 18k miles, if they find the issue to be with the brakes, that they will charge me for diagnosis since the brakes aren't covered under warranty. Bad service.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Correct me if I'm wrong but if it was related to the axle the noise would be more audible during acceleration then braking I don't know.....that's why I was so skeptical about it being the axle....if u have a chance take the caliper off and check the clips urself all u need it a 15mm socket and ratchet ....take the two pads out, you'll see the two clips one on top one on bottom (there's only one way they can go in) my top clip was loose and not locked onto the caliper...:I squeezed it together a bit and the noise is gone, at least for now lol

john11gt

Established Member
You can just jack up the car and put it in gear and just watch for the wheel to wobble. My argument at the dealership was, how the hell do I bend a steel axle and do absolutely no damage to an aluminum wheel?

cs2012

Established Member
So now this other dealership is telling me that the glaze on the rotor is the cause.. Trying to charge me $300 for that. No way in hell. I swear the Houston area dealerships are no good. Bad customer service too. They had my car for the whole day yesterday and they didn't bother calling to update me. I had to call them this morning. Looks like this annoying squeak will persist. Will have to try fixing it myself.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

99mstng

Established Member
Wow ... guess I should be happy with the three trips it took my dealer to fix mine. Trip 1 changed rear pads, trip 2 changed axle and ring & pinion, trip 3 new ring & pinion to fix improperly installed one's during trip 2 (they were out of spec and louder than the originals).

Baysixx

Established Member
Maybe you guys can help me out with this horrific, annoying and embarrassing chirp/squeak im having. It seems to be coming from the rear right. When driving it'll be an intermittant...chirp chirp chirp chirp...but louddd. Here's what I've noticed:

-Lightly brake and it gets even worse
-Hard braking and it most goes away
-Pull E-brake up 1 click and it gets worse
-Pull E-brake up 3 clicks and it goes away completely
-On bumps it seems to squeak as well

Thanks!

This is exactly what I have and is the same as everyone describes but it is from my driver side front brake. Would replacing the front brake pad get rid of this noise? Or does it have to do with the anti rattle clips?

StangingAround

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm going to the dealer soon for this issue and I just want to clarify a few things. I know they are going to try the brake pad rework first as that is the easiest and lest costly solution. Now, provided this does not fix the issue I'll have to ask them to check the axle. My question is, if they do agree the axle is the cause of the noise, will they give me flack for having a lowered car? In other words, do they have legitimate reason to even come to that conclusion? Thanks.

Last edited:

2011roush

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm going to the dealer soon for this issue and I just want to clarify a few things. I know they are going to try the brake pad rework first as that is the easiest and lest costly solution. Now, provided this does not fix the issue I'll have to ask them to check the axle. My question is, if they do agree the axle is the cause of the noise, will they give me flack for having a lowered car? In other words, do they have legitimate reason to even come to that conclusion? Thanks.

They will just tell you it's not covered. I went round and round with them. Just buy some moser axles and don't have to deal with it.

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
My 2013 makes this noise...

With only 2700k miles... GOOD GOD IT IS ANNOYING. Especially after a hard night at the 1/4th with fast braking. It squeaks so damn bad...

Going to aftermarket axles should fix this correct? I will NOT Under ANY circumstances take my car to a dealer EVER. My ocd about dust, dirt, nasty oil monkeys in my car is too high.

my 2013 squeals as well and I took it in to the dealer and they told me I already had the clips (all 2013 have them)and it was moisture and that they couldn't do anything for me.

I hate my dealership!

Last edited by a moderator:

StangingAround

Established Member
What I'm asking though is, provided nothing else went wrong with the car, do they have a leg to stand on or was it bent from day one?

Users who are viewing this thread