2012 Stang Rear Brakes Squeaking!!!!

2011roush

Established Member
I'm glad your dealer covered yours. I gave up on mine. I had to walk them through the inspection process when my wife's left front wheel bearing was bad. There was no way I was letting them install her axles if I was paying the bill.

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
didnt want to bump a old thread however.......
i had the TSB for the anti rattle clips done about a month ago due to a squeak noise and it went away for like a week...came back like 2 or 3 weeks ago louder then ever whenever i brake....my mods to the rear are bmr control arms sway bar koni struts and k springs bmr panhard bar.....i noticed the space between my driver side tire and the rear bumper is smaller then on the passenger side....i was thinking about doing the anti rattle clips myself but now i think i might just have a axle issue....any insight? thanks
Also if I take it in to the dealer for the axle I should take all the suspension mods off right

Last edited:

Jukens

Established Member
I had the dealer resurface my rotors and pads multiple times because I had a squeak with light braking. It would go away for a bit then come back. Replaced the pads with some dura last golds and haven't had a squeak since.

john11gt

Established Member
I had the same problem when I bought my '11. A slight brake squeak when i bought it, then after a month or so it got to the point it would just squeak as I drove and would grind when I applied the brakes. I took it to the stealership to have them fix the brakes and they inform me that its actually a bent axle. They tried sticking me with an $1100 bill for it. I was like "WTF?!!?@#@!@ I bought the car with it". After about an hour of me arguing of, " how the hell can I bend an axle with no damage to the tire or aluminum wheel", the finally fixed it at no charge to me.... the clutch problem I had was a whole nother story..

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFS0lAHMr6Y&feature=youtu.be
this is the noise i got.....i took a video with the go pro.....it only happens when i brake softly if i brake hard theres no noise....i looked at the driver side axle and the pressure tap or access fitting is still at a 12o clock position on the axle housing im assuming if it bent it would have shifted somewhat..and my friend has a brand new 2013 i compared it to his and their in the same position...

StangingAround

Established Member
Wow, I just spent the whole weekend trying to track down this fking noise and nothing! Glad I came across this thread. Just to recap my driver side makes the same annoying squeeking noise like in the video posted by Anthony on my driver side when I'm coming to a stop. I've since gathered from this thread that it's either something to do with the brakes or I have bent axle. Great, looks like another trip to the dealer. Hope they treat me right.

Chaney5.0

My 2013 makes this noise...

With only 2700k miles... GOOD GOD IT IS ANNOYING. Especially after a hard night at the 1/4th with fast braking. It squeaks so damn bad...

Going to aftermarket axles should fix this correct? I will NOT Under ANY circumstances take my car to a dealer EVER. My ocd about dust, dirt, nasty oil monkeys in my car is too high.

Last edited:

slo-5.0

Established Member
GOPR0106 - YouTube
this is the noise i got.....i took a video with the go pro.....it only happens when i brake softly if i brake hard theres no noise....i looked at the driver side axle and the pressure tap or access fitting is still at a 12o clock position on the axle housing im assuming if it bent it would have shifted somewhat..and my friend has a brand new 2013 i compared it to his and their in the same position...

that is what I was hearing. It was the piece Mustang_guy posted a pic of. The squeak went away for a while but it did come back and I had to take it back to the dealership and they replaced the same part again. After they replaced it, the noise went away. It never made noise after that, but everyone else who has posted, has stated the axles.I would take it to the dealership and see what they say again, but it freaking sucks that we all have to take a brand new car to the dealership for such an annoying problem, but I guess all cars have their issues.

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
If its the axles ill get 31 splines **** oem lol ....sometimes knowing your car is sitting in the dealer lot for a week is nerve wrecking for me
Anyhow, what would be the best way for myself to check to see if its the axle would I have to remove rotor etc?

Last edited:

slo-5.0

Established Member
If its the axles ill get 31 splines **** oem lol ....sometimes knowing your car is sitting in the dealer lot for a week is nerve wrecking for me
Anyhow, what would be the best way for myself to check to see if its the axle would I have to remove rotor etc?
I definitely hear you bro. I cant stand my car being at the dealership longer than a few hours. But a buddy of mine went moser 31 spline and hasn't had an issue since. Ill probably order a set in the future for this car

2011roush

Established Member
Be sure you order the abs rings from ford so you can put them on your mosers. That's what I did.

AnthonyNoz

Established Member
Stock are 31 spline. They are actually pretty good axles.
http://youtu.be/jqT2GYGSp4c
Took this video trying to check for wobbling
Lol sorry I meant mosers I left the word out my bad....the oem axles r great for $400 don't hurt to go forged though worse case scenario.....
I took the car apart and got the noise to stop , the anti rattle clips the dealer changed, they only did one there was one just flopping around lol, and another thing is on the outer pad the metal shim or whatever was slightly bent idk
nu8a3uzu.jpg
agunajaq.jpg

Last edited:

cs2012

Established Member
How do I get the dealership to fix the bent axle flange? I'm sure that's what I have after reading this post (i also have 3.73s). I get a squeek from the drivers side rear break every time I apply the brakes. I've gone 6x already in total to 2 different dealerships and the issue hasnt been fixed. First time I tried to get it fixed the first dealership said my borla axle backs were causing a vibration lol. Last time I went the other dealership wanted to charge me 900 to replace a "bent axle", which is absurd considering that they had already performed the tsb concerning the bad clips, and before that they had performed some work on the rotor to try to fix it. They claimed that I must've gone over a curb since they noticed there was a slight bend on the drivers side rear axle. B.s. this has been going on for 15k mikes, I currently have 21k miles. I'm going to another dealership on Wednesday and would like to know what to tell these guys so they can actually get it right and not try to 1. Charge me for a factory defect 2. Blame the issue on me. I still have all my paperwork from when the others dealerships who didnt fix this.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

cs2012

Established Member
Forgot to mention that I was going to take it to the dealership I purchased it from (hadn't gone there because of how far it is from me) and explained to the service tech guy over the phone that the issue is most likely a bent axle flange, and that the issue isnt with the brakes. I told him the tsb was applied and didn't fix it. He told me that since I am over 18k miles, if they find the issue to be with the brakes, that they will charge me for diagnosis since the brakes aren't covered under warranty. Bad service.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread