2012 UMD Spring Meet- Sun April 29

dkscobra2003

Flying For A Living
Established Member
Let me know where to send it :rockon:

This was the first event I went to in November, 2003 after I bought my 03' Cobra. There were about 50 cars there, most all American muscle. They did it twice a year then: once in the fall and once in the spring. The spring, 2004 event was the one that really kicked off the MACA. TRBO VNM and I cruised in together and met Redfire Venum, Hisssnsvt, ScottinSSMD, Dolemite, dkscobra2003, and Antex for the first time. To say it's changed a bit would be an understatement.

Never been really big on the foreign influence at this show now, but MACA has had a blast meeting up, driving to, and crusin after this show. We've actually used it more as an excuse to get together! Lot of great memories......Had 8 Cobras in 2004, 11 in 2005, 22 in 2006, and 37 in 2007......!! You guys shoudl shoot for 40 this year! Would be a total blast....And not like MACA doesn't have enough Cobras driving around to get 40+.....

Dwight, those were the best days of MACA.

I'm in if we can get a spot in the paved lot. I don't offroad.

I agree. Paved lot.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Wow.....The University of Maryland has to move their own car show off campus?? They can absorb parking needs for 60,000 football fans in the fall, but can't handle 1,000 cars at a show??? Sad......

This was the first event I went to in November, 2003 after I bought my 03' Cobra. There were about 50 cars there, most all American muscle. They did it twice a year then: once in the fall and once in the spring. The spring, 2004 event was the one that really kicked off the MACA. TRBO VNM and I cruised in together and met Redfire Venum, Hisssnsvt, ScottinSSMD, Dolemite, dkscobra2003, and Antex for the first time. To say it's changed a bit would be an understatement.

Never been really big on the foreign influence at this show now, but MACA has had a blast meeting up, driving to, and crusin after this show. We've actually used it more as an excuse to get together! Lot of great memories......Had 8 Cobras in 2004, 11 in 2005, 22 in 2006, and 37 in 2007......!! You guys shoudl shoot for 40 this year! Would be a total blast....And not like MACA doesn't have enough Cobras driving around to get 40+.....

Dwight, campus DOT won't let them put the meet in the huge lot 1 near the football field. Every year, they give some BS excuse about not wanting to clutter up the lot so commuters or something can park there, even though the meet is always held on a sunday... Basically, UMD DOTS are a bunch of assholes (as I have also concluded after many run-ins with them during my years at UMD). Apparently football/basketball/soccer games are perfectly fine to fill up that entire huge lot, but a car show for a MD club and collecting money for charity is too big of a hassle. Plus they say that we wouldn't be able to control the multiple entrances, too many cops are needed, etc. Not sure why the UMCP can't have a couple volunteer police for the day, but whatever.

Basically, the school doesn't do much of anything to support the meet, probably since they aren't making any money off of it, and we're lucky we got the comcast lot every year. Sucks that they had to go as far away as Bowie stadium.

Of course next year, we could probably hold the meet on the same day as a football game and there would be plenty of free parking spaces :D

And yeah, those were some fun MACA times back when Tim and I were in college. :beer: I miss it :(

Last edited:

svtrookie

Established Member
Yea I read traffic is an absolute cluster****, I might swing down.

I went a few years ago with your brother and remember waiting a long time to get near the parking lot. We couldnt even park our cars in the main lot. However, the show had some nice cars.

kbrier

Established Member
UM car show

I am in as long as I have my car back together from its winter maintenance hibernation. Had some issues with flywheel bolts pulling threads during clutch replacement and some other bolts doing me dirty on the mid plate when putting super charger back on top. No biggie; will be all good here in the next few weeks. Look forward to seeing all the MACA peeps; it has been a while.

blksvtCOBRA714

Established Member
I am in as long as I have my car back together from its winter maintenance hibernation. Had some issues with flywheel bolts pulling threads during clutch replacement and some other bolts doing me dirty on the mid plate when putting super charger back on top. No biggie; will be all good here in the next few weeks. Look forward to seeing all the MACA peeps; it has been a while.

Count me in, and +2 more than likely
Redliner- '11 GT500, black w/ grabber blue stripes
SYmach1- '04 comp o cobra

Added everyone!

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Getting close on this one. I have requested a map with our reserved location outlined. I asked for 40 spots. We will need to pay in advance on PayPal.

Dave - Let's discuss the best way to pay for our reserved spot @ $3 per car. Ideas?

Ben

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Getting close on this one. I have requested a map with our reserved location outlined. I asked for 40 spots. We will need to pay in advance on PayPal.

Dave - Let's discuss the best way to pay for our reserved spot @ $3 per car. Ideas?

Ben

Hey Ben,

Let me know who to send it to please.

Thanks - Anthony:beer:

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
Good news! I have worked out with CPT to have 40 dedicated MACA spots and not have to pay the fee in advance. We will pay at the gate so let's try to go in together and the front car can pay for the line.

I will post up the map with the MACA assigned spaces soon.

Ben

Users who are viewing this thread