2013/2014 GT500 vs Charger Hellcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Racer

Established Member
Jesus you're late. Whats not to like? The Hellcat again beat a modded 13 GT500. Im lost.

That, AGAIN was a MODDED GT500 beating a 6 speed hellcat. Isnt the first nor last time a modded car beats a stock car. Im actually impressed how well that 6 speed hellcat did. Id love to see that GT500 race a stock 13 GT500. Im willing to bet his setup works so well that he would win.

Well, the Shelby owner said it was stock. He started to pull on the hellcat. Don't know what vid you looked at. Some comments state that the hellcat was an auto. But, you never know on the 'net what someone says. Bottom line the '13 GT500 can hang with a hellcat. I can always finds vids to support that and you can vids that support your position.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Well, the Shelby owner said it was stock. He started to pull on the hellcat. Don't know what vid you looked at. Some comments state that the hellcat was an auto. But, you never know on the 'net what someone says. Bottom line the '13 GT500 can hang with a hellcat. I can always finds vids to support that and you can vids that support your position.

Its well known the hellcat is an auto. That was never disputed. It was just stated the GT500 is tuned. Anythings possible but personally i know id never just tune a gt500 when its crazy cheap to just throw a pulley on it to and have major gains. No matter how the GT500 lost, it lost. Which common sense would tell anyone that gives the owner more incentive to start with the bs lies to justify getting beat by a stock car. We'll never know.

As for other videos. We only have one of an auto Hellcat racing a 13-14 GT500. The rest are of 6 speed hellcats definitely holding their weight against the Trinity's. Its well known there's a night and day difference between the auto and man hellcats. The video of the auto further backs it up. So in summary no you cant provide more videos backing up a 5.8 GT500 can hang with a Auto Hellcat. There's only one at the moment and the GT500 got raped. I am looking for further proof tho. As the title of this thread i hope its a 4 door charger, its even faster than the challenger.

Last edited:

paluka21

Established Member

IMO stock vs stock, down to the tires:

Auto Hellcat > GT500
Manual Hellcat < GT500

Drag radials, IMO still the same outcome. The GT500 is very limited by it's clutch protection features off the line, and won't be able to launch to it's full potential unless you're burning up the stock clutch. From what I've seen with the auto Hellcat, they launch very consistent and hard on drag radials and are in the low 7's at over 100mph in the 1/8th, mostly due to them being able to put the power down off the line.
For me as a GT500 owner the most frustrating aspect of this car is getting the launch down on a stock tune. I practice my technique on back roads and find that it is difficult to get a smooth transition off the line without bogging. The only way I've accomplished this is by slipping the clutch heavily and raising/lowering my RPMs as I take off, rather than a dump of the clutch. If I did this on drag radials, I have little doubt the clutch would be fried.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
IMO stock vs stock, down to the tires:

Auto Hellcat > GT500
Manual Hellcat < GT500

Drag radials, IMO still the same outcome. The GT500 is very limited by it's clutch protection features off the line, and won't be able to launch to it's full potential unless you're burning up the stock clutch. From what I've seen with the auto Hellcat, they launch very consistent and hard on drag radials and are in the low 7's at over 100mph in the 1/8th, mostly due to them being able to put the power down off the line.
For me as a GT500 owner the most frustrating aspect of this car is getting the launch down on a stock tune. I practice my technique on back roads and find that it is difficult to get a smooth transition off the line without bogging. The only way I've accomplished this is by slipping the clutch heavily and raising/lowering my RPMs as I take off, rather than a dump of the clutch. If I did this on drag radials, I have little doubt the clutch would be fried.

So let's say aftermarket clutch and clutch protection removed in the tune and nothing else touched (timing etc). Then I think the GT500 is capable of similar times with an excellent driver as the Hellcat. What it takes for a GT500 to get the same 60 foot and 1/8 mile time and trap speeds is a clutch and gears. Even slightly modded GT500's with stock gears and clutch can't seem to break 100mph in the 1/8th.

paluka21

Established Member
So let's say aftermarket clutch and clutch protection removed in the tune and nothing else touched (timing etc). Then I think the GT500 is capable of similar times with an excellent driver as the Hellcat. What it takes for a GT500 to get the same 60 foot and 1/8 mile time and trap speeds is a clutch and gears. Even slightly modded GT500's with stock gears and clutch can't seem to break 100mph in the 1/8th.

Gears and tune would help immensely, especially for a good driver.

Darth Racer

Established Member
Its well known the hellcat is an auto. gains. No matter how the GT500 lost, it lost.

Once again, which video are you talking about? The one I saw, after the start, the red GT500 was pulling up on the hellcat. It was only about an 1/8 mile contest. The Shelby owner stated he got him by a fender. Now, in a close race, B.S. can reign....on both sides. Let's be generous and say it was a dead heat. And that is against an auto hellcat. It seems you refuse to believe what the Shelby owner is saying and you believe what the hellcat owner is saying. Believe what you will.

Blackdevil77

Established Member

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
All I know is, if this is true, nobody stands a chance against these things on the road

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/afe-power-momentum-intake-hellcat-37hp-over-700whp.5463/

Gains of 37rwhp with ONLY the addition of an intake, no tuning. Tuned cars are showing gains of 40+ rwhp with no added parts. They're saying with an intake, larger crank pulley and tune, these things are gonna be in the 9's. Which is ridiculous.

I usually never believe cai hp claims but ive never known afe to bs. They're an awesome company. Im guessing 37 isnt that unbelievable on a boosted car.

paluka21

Established Member
I usually never believe cai hp claims but ive never known afe to bs. They're an awesome company. Im guessing 37 isnt that unbelievable on a boosted car.

What kind of filter does the Hellcat use stock? Is the stock airbox that restrictive? Obviously uncorking a bottleneck will help dramatically, but if they're increasing boost at all (37rwhp or so), I'd imagine a tune wouldn't hurt to keep the car safe.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Remember that for every 100 rwhp a Hellcat adds a GT500 needs to add just 85 due to weight difference. Gears alone in a GT500 will even the playing field with an 8-speed. Gears and a few bolt-ons will put the Shelby out front easy. Bolt-on to bolt-on is where the fun really begins. I think it should be well apparent by now that the 8-speed simply rocks and is superior to any manual no matter how well driven, provided the 8-speed is on a drag radial and not the stock tires.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Ive got a question for you guys. Will a 09 GT500 lay down 600+ rwhp with just a upper, cai, and xpipe?

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive got a question for you guys. Will a 09 GT500 lay down 600+ rwhp with just a upper, cai, and xpipe?

even with tuned on 100oct tune and a 2.5 upper witch is the smallest upper pulley you can run a stock eaton snout and the 127mm Intake a OFR X pipe, I would say is around 575 max whp.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
even with tuned on 100oct tune and a 2.5 upper witch is the smallest upper pulley you can run a stock eaton snout and the 127mm Intake a OFR X pipe, I would say is around 575 max whp.

Thats what I thought. Thanks. This shop owner is trying to bullshit me and doing a HORRIBLE job at it lol. If he only knew how much time i spend here.

d0e113577844b03a5780177858371cf9.jpg

He also claimed to run a bone stock 5.8 GT500 to a 11.2@124 with a 1.9 60ft and trapped 101 in the 1/8. I looked at the 5.8 fast list on here and that gave me the first hint that he's full of shit. Lol

Last edited:

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats what I thought. Thanks. This shop owner is trying to bullshit me and doing a HORRIBLE job at it lol. If he only knew how much time i spend here.

d0e113577844b03a5780177858371cf9.jpg

He also claimed to run a bone stock 5.8 GT500 to a 11.2@124 with a 1.9 60ft and trapped 101 in the 1/8. I looked at the 5.8 fast list on here and that gave me the first hint that he's full of shit. Lol

Doesn't that guy own midnight performance? He has that nasty 2012 GT500 and i have heard of that white 09 GT500 he is talking about. I have never personally heard of pulley, intake, tune exhaust 07 to 09 GT500 making 600whp.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Doesn't that guy own midnight performance? He has that nasty 2012 GT500 and i have heard of that white 09 GT500 he is talking about. I have never personally heard of pulley, intake, tune exhaust 07 to 09 GT500 making 600whp.

Thats him. Im not saying his cars dont run but he's definitely sandbagging on his claimed mods for that power output. Or as i told him it was on the happiest dyno in Houston or on e85. He then said it put down 623 on e85. Again with a stock eaton, upper, intake, and xpipe. I know for a fact that it takes a lot more than that for a 09 to convincingly beat a stock Trinity.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats him. Im not saying his cars dont run but he's definitely sandbagging on his claimed mods for that power output. Or as i told him it was on the happiest dyno in Houston or on e85. He then said it put down 623 on e85. Again with a stock eaton, upper, intake, and xpipe. I know for a fact that it takes a lot more than that for a 09 to convincingly beat a stock Trinity.

Its hard to stay, IDK if he is bullshiting you, but i know my 08 GT500 with very basic mods wooped a lot off ass. either way take what he say with a grain of salt. I have seen some of his street racing videos and the dude can drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread