2013/2014 GT500 vs Charger Hellcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I'll ignore the fact those numbers don't make any sense and are different drivers, different days, under different conditions and simply squash your argument with the simple fact the car I mentioned isn't even on your list. :read:

Lol @ ignoring facts.

Ok so it wasnt a challenger. Talk about splitting hairs. If anything id imagine the challenger would be a little better with its stiffer suspension.

Never mind the conditions, time, or driver. The point of my post was to prove the handling is on par with many other well handling cars but you consider it abysmal. As if its a school bus and getting lap times of a ford taurus.

Darth Racer

Established Member
Lol @ ignoring facts.

Ok so it wasnt a challenger. Talk about splitting hairs. If anything id imagine the challenger would be a little better with its stiffer suspension.

Never mind the conditions, time, or driver. The point of my post was to prove the handling is on par with many other well handling cars but you consider it abysmal. As if its a school bus and getting lap times of a ford taurus.

Well, 'ignoring the facts' is actually just an opinion. From my research it seems it would come down to a driver's race. Example: at Gingerman Raceway, the '13 GT500 lapped quicker than the Challenger Hellcat. 1:45.21 to 1:45.8

Hellcat was 0.8 sec quicker to 150 mph (17.0 sec) than the Viper(17.8). The '13 GT500 time was 17.6 sec. The challenger had the A8. How would the manual tranny Hellcat do?

Real world quarter mile times are basically a 'wash'. Once again, it comes down to the driver.

The cars are very even. I would not feel intimidated at all to run a Hellcat, stock to stock. It'd be a heck of a race. However, to be a completely 'fair' test, the Challenger should have the manual tranny. Manual vs. manual. IMHO, in that scenario, with good drivers, the GT500 wins. But, we'll see fairly soon how it pans out between the cars. Spring isn't that far away.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Well, 'ignoring the facts' is actually just an opinion. From my research it seems it would come down to a driver's race. Example: at Gingerman Raceway, the '13 GT500 lapped quicker than the Challenger Hellcat. 1:45.21 to 1:45.8

Hellcat was 0.8 sec quicker to 150 mph (17.0 sec) than the Viper(17.8). The '13 GT500 time was 17.6 sec. The challenger had the A8. How would the manual tranny Hellcat do?

Real world quarter mile times are basically a 'wash'. Once again, it comes down to the driver.

The cars are very even. I would not feel intimidated at all to run a Hellcat, stock to stock. It'd be a heck of a race. However, to be a completely 'fair' test, the Challenger should have the manual tranny. Manual vs. manual. IMHO, in that scenario, with good drivers, the GT500 wins. But, we'll see fairly soon how it pans out between the cars. Spring isn't that far away.

I agree the manual race would be in the GT500's favor but don't handicap the hellcat cause ford refused to put an auto in the GT500. If you only wanna race the lesser performing of the two transmissions that tells you right there which one in faster. Race the most potent version they have to offer, besides there will be many more autos than manuals on the road anyway. I say all things being equal. No one jumps,spins, or messes up, the auto hellcat will win every time. No GT500 driver on this planet will outshift that auto.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I can't wait to see a few HCs at the strip this year.
Not fair as I'm modded, so I hope there's a few modded auto cars to give me a real race.
Anyone know when HC Chargers are expected to be released?
-J

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I can't wait to see a few HCs at the strip this year.
Not fair as I'm modded, so I hope there's a few modded auto cars to give me a real race.
Anyone know when HC Chargers are expected to be released?
-J

They said 1qtr of this year. No definite date yet that i know of.

Blackdevil77

Established Member

The crazy thing is somebody on these forums said the Charger Hellcat ran a 0-150 time of 15.8 seconds! They said that was the car and driver time. If that's true, there isn't much the charger hellcat won't pull away from.

Darth Racer

Established Member
The crazy thing is somebody on these forums said the Charger Hellcat ran a 0-150 time of 15.8 seconds! They said that was the car and driver time. If that's true, there isn't much the charger hellcat won't pull away from.

I haven't seen that. 17.0 seconds is what I've read. It's moot anyway. 9 put of 10 GT500s are modded. As you know, it's easy top do. Just add Van's 13-6 klit and you can beat the Hellcats.

Darth Racer

Established Member
I agree the manual race would be in the GT500's favor but don't handicap the hellcat cause ford refused to put an auto in the GT500. If you only wanna race the lesser performing of the two transmissions that tells you right there which one in faster. Race the most potent version they have to offer, besides there will be many more autos than manuals on the road anyway. I say all things being equal. No one jumps,spins, or messes up, the auto hellcat will win every time. No GT500 driver on this planet will outshift that auto.

Actually, I can shift faster than an automatic. ;-) Anyway, time will solve that mystery.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
I haven't seen that. 17.0 seconds is what I've read. It's moot anyway. 9 put of 10 GT500s are modded. As you know, it's easy top do. Just add Van's 13-6 klit and you can beat the Hellcats.

I can't find the actual article, but somebody on here has said it and I googled it and others in other forums are saying the same thing, that Car and Driver got a 15.8 0-150 time. I've seen it range from 17 to 19.1 seconds. I've also seen the GT500 range from 17 seconds flat and up. I guess it really is a drivers race.

Eleanor14

Established Member
The best part of all these new age muscle cars is we are here in the thick of it! I can't tell you how many times my friends and I talked about "what if we could of been around in the days to buy a Hemi "cuda or 70 Chevelle SS 454"! These are definitely good times to be a muscle car fan!

My feeling exactly. I remember wishing that this would happen in my lifetime.

delvek

Established Member
I have said it many times, when its all said and done, the average joe isnt going to understand why his Hellcat is getting roasted.

I personally look forward to laying waste to each and every Hellcat I come across. For the sake of keeping it stock vs stock, I will wait for the real numbers from local tracks to start coming in before I revisit this conversation.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I have said it many times, when its all said and done, the average joe isnt going to understand why his Hellcat is getting roasted.

I personally look forward to laying waste to each and every Hellcat I come across. For the sake of keeping it stock vs stock, I will wait for the real numbers from local tracks to start coming in before I revisit this conversation.

Man with that attitude (expecting your car to be faster than any hellcat, EVER) i think its safe to say you're the one that isnt going to understand why your GT500 is getting roasted.

Ablaze

Established Member
[video=youtube;kG6veF_34QE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG6veF_34QE[/video]

Might be able to shift a little faster than this guy..

nsstang

Nasty Style
Established Member
GT500 laguna seca.png

If you look at Laguna Seca the GT500 clearly holds its own. Also check out the driver before you compare cars on the same track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread