2013/2014 GT500 vs Charger Hellcat

Status
Not open for further replies.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
They said 1qtr of this year. No definite date yet that i know of.

Sat in one at the auto show today, it looked great in red!
Its definitely on my short list.
I'd be using it as a non-winter DD, just tint and swap on some R888s all around ;-)
-J

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Sat in one at the auto show today, it looked great in red!
Its definitely on my short list.
I'd be using it as a non-winter DD, just tint and swap on some R888s all around ;-)
-J

Ive seen a V6 model in person and was surprised how much better it looked. Wont say its a great looking car but it definitely is more attractive in person.

I honestly think tires are the only thing stopping them from being great all around cars. Hope you get it id love to hear driving impressions.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
The crazy thing is somebody on these forums said the Charger Hellcat ran a 0-150 time of 15.8 seconds! They said that was the car and driver time. If that's true, there isn't much the charger hellcat won't pull away from.

15.8 is highly suspect. How does the 8-speed Charger run 4 seconds faster to 150 than the 6-speed Chally?

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Ive seen a V6 model in person and was surprised how much better it looked. Wont say its a great looking car but it definitely is more attractive in person.

I honestly think tires are the only thing stopping them from being great all around cars. Hope you get it id love to hear driving impressions.

That huge plastic dash is a huge negative, not sure if they have a leather package.
Sounds lame, but sitting one and looking over a cheap looking plastic dash is major turnoff, my Ram interior is first class.
I'd be 100% ordering if they make a 300 HC, but that's doubtful from what I know, meaning SRT will be Dodge only.
A Hellcat Grand Cherokee and 300 would be killer.
-J

SVT-PWR

Established Member
I live in the Omaha NE area and will probably be stock until next winter if anyone has a race to set up with a local Hellcat, let me know which tires to have on because I'll have another set in the spring. Trinity VS Hellcat still sounds biblical to me lol.

delvek

Established Member
[video=youtube;kG6veF_34QE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG6veF_34QE[/video]

Might be able to shift a little faster than this guy..

Ha! Was just going to post this since I am only going to deal with actual achievments of the Hellcat not the bloviated hysteria that is "possible".

This is going to be what takes place across the land. The only way a Fatcat beats a GT500 is by owner error. I am so tired of hearing about this turd, another 6 months and these things will be a welcome sight only to the wreckers that tow them back to FIAT.

Last edited:

delvek

Established Member
What auto? A glide? LOL

You arent shifting faster than the hellcats and damn sure aren't shifting faster than any modern DCT.

I must have missed it somewhere since its not in your signature, what are you driving?

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
I must have missed it somewhere since its not in your signature, what are you driving?

A 10 speed, bicycle.

Ha! Was just going to post this since I am only going to deal with actual achievments of the Hellcat not the bloviated hysteria that is "possible".

This is going to be what takes place across the land. The only way a Fatcat beats a GT500 is by owner error. I am so tired of hearing about this turd, another 6 months and these things will be a welcome sight only to the wreckers that tow them back to FIAT.

Lmfao damn dude why do you let a car get you so butthurt. Just read what you're typing.

Falling apart on wreckers in 6 months? Turds? Haha

I see you're already making excuses when the GT500 gets WALKED. DRIVER ERROR BRO!!! He had gas had he not he would have shifted faster. LOL

Last edited:

delvek

Established Member
A 10 speed, bicycle.

Long ride on 10 speed from Mopar forums isnt it?

Lmfao damn dude why do you let a car get you so butthurt. Just read what you're typing.

I see you're already making excuses when the GT500 gets WALKED. DRIVER ERROR BRO!!! He had gas had he not he would have shifted faster. LOL

Honestly, before you call someone butthurt about a car, consider taking a look at what your doing here with a name like GotHemi and 1600 posts, just saying.

All good though, to each his own, ciao.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Honestly, before you call someone butthurt about a car, consider taking a look at what your doing here with a name like GotHemi and 1600 posts, just saying.

This made me realize you're a noob. It all makes sense. Ciao. :)

paluka21

Established Member
A 10 speed, bicycle.

Hemi-

Bottom line, you try to provoke people in threads by being passive aggressive, then claim people are "butthurt" when they retaliate. There is nothing wrong with healthy conversations and competition, but you historically exhibit this same behavior with many members. I have nothing against you because I think some of your posts are well thought out and you obviously have car knowledge. But stop acting like an immature jerk and trying to "prove" a point. It's silly.

Edit: Better yet, take it to the smackdown forum.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Hemi-

Bottom line, you try to provoke people in threads by being passive aggressive, then claim people are "butthurt" when they retaliate. There is nothing wrong with healthy conversations and competition, but you historically exhibit this same behavior with many members. I have nothing against you because I think some of your posts are well thought out and you obviously have car knowledge. But stop acting like an immature jerk and trying to "prove" a point. It's silly.

Edit: Better yet, take it to the smackdown forum.

This is svtp brahh. Everyone is out to prove a point. Its just frowned up when the "GotHemi" guy does it in any mopar thread, especially a hellokitty mopar thread.

Thanks for the psychology consultation though. Lol

Ive posted in SD fully expecting some fun. Nothing. Even thought about creating a thread just so ppl can flame me but cant think of a good title? Any suggestions?

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Abysmal?? Thats a really strong word...

712b33ac7c0fdff003d292c31fbc0632.jpg

According to Streets of Willow lap times the GT500, Audi R8, and C6 Grand Sport are all MORE abysmal than the fatcat sedan around that slow course.

Funny thing is the scat pack 6.4 was a second quicker than the hellcat. One word. Tires.

Nothing is "abysmal" about any of those cars handling abilities in that list.

Its actually the opposite. The challenger has the stiffer suspension. Always has.

Back on topic. Hellcat in any form, charger or challenger will pull a GT500 from a roll more often than not.

Im trying to figure out what was passive aggressive anout this post? It was incorrect and just plain ignorant to call its handling performance abysmal. All i did was correct him and even gave examples to back up what i was saying.

It was more knowledgeable than anything.

This goes back to the gothemi thing. No one likes to be challenged or corrected by the GotHemi guy. This leads to an aggressive butthurt response and only then do i retaliate.

I promise you had my name been "GotSvt" things i post would be taken differently.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Long ride on 10 speed from Mopar forums isnt it?

Eh, he's fine. He finally has something to brag about. Most other places would've banned him for his position on "other than" products.
Unless of course...

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Eh, he's fine. He finally has something to brag about. Most other places would've banned him for his position on "other than" products.
Unless of course...

Gee thanks! Lol

You're correct though. I was banned by communist5 when the 13 GT500 was announced. The same names i get called here are the same things i was getting called over there. Just replace hell kitty ______ with GT500______ even though my name over there was Bighemisrt and had been a member for years.

Only difference is i continuously crapped all over the ZL1 by means of the GT500.

Over here i don't do that. I don't rub it in anyways face that the hellcat is better than the shelby. Sure ill say i think its faster but people around here just have a problem with how much I praise the hellcat overall. Yes i may be a hell kitty nut swinger but i dont think its a far superior vehicle over the Shelby. I still do love the Shelby and without doubt its a monster. Till this day id love to see them both skull drag a shitty ZL1 in a mile drag race. Think id fap to that actually. Lol

Funny part is they were so confused why i was on the GT500 nuts so hard when i was a "dodge guy". Even here very few people can grasp the concept of not being a brand loyal fan boy.

Last edited:

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Here is something interesting on the Charger Hellcat. Anybody see this issue of Car and Driver yet?

http://www.lxforums.com/board/showthread.php/365990-Verified-11-4-128mph

I'm sorry, but 11.4 at 128mph is freakin amazing for this massive sedan.

So is the braking and skid pad numbers honestly. Im waiting to see this "15 sec" 0-150 number published. That seems a bit unreal. I mean honestly it'll take supercar status to run quicker than that. Its hard to grasp a 4 door 4600lb car being that fast to 150.

Blackdevil77

Established Member
So is the braking and skid pad numbers honestly. Im waiting to see this "15 sec" 0-150 number published. That seems a bit unreal. I mean honestly it'll take supercar status to run quicker than that. Its hard to grasp a 4 door 4600lb car being that fast to 150.

Yeah, that's hard to believe. I've seen other reports of 18 seconds or so, but 15.8 would be ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread