2013 5.0 manual vs 2013 c63 amg

chancejat

Established Member
good driving for the 5.0...hit 5th real clean....c63 is probably tuned if not then hes an idiot they pick up 40hp from just a tune unless it a pp car.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
How do you guys hit 5th so fast like that? My car simply will not do it. I'm not too concerned anyway as I'm ditching the mt82 in a few weeks but still, it doesn't make sense why some can hit it and some can't..

Good runs OP, thanks for sharing

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
He changed the clutch fluid.

I removed the clutch assist spring in my boss and can now hit any gear as fast as I want at 7500rpm and no clutch pedal sticking to the floor anymore.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
He changed the clutch fluid.

I removed the clutch assist spring in my boss and can now hit any gear as fast as I want at 7500rpm and no clutch pedal sticking to the floor anymore.

Videos or it didn't happen..

I change my fluid once/month, have a stainless line, no clutch spring, HD racing clutch assist spring, and 5th is still nearly impossible to hit under load.

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
nice kill!

had the 5.0 been auto there would have been buses between them

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
Videos or it didn't happen..

I change my fluid once/month, have a stainless line, no clutch spring, HD racing clutch assist spring, and 5th is still nearly impossible to hit under load.

I was about to reply to your youtube comment about this, it's not really that hard and you just need to slide the shifter over to 5th from 4th.

I'd post a video of me doing it but my MPH is around 120-130 at the 4-5 shift so i'd rather not do that on a public road.

Put your palm on the top of the shifter (open hand) and slide your hand over to the direction 5th is in. If you do it correctly, it will slide right over into 5th. That's how I do it

SVT_SRT8

Established Member
The key to the mt-82 is to be" gentle but firm". The tr6060 in my 09 GT500 loved to be smashed, thrashed, and forced into gear. The mt-82 is completely different. I see people all the time in videos and have friends with 11-14 gt's that are way too ruff with the shifter trying to force it into gear.

The mt-82 likes to be guided into gear.

Nice kill! what gearing does the 5.0 have?

he has 3.31 gears

Users who are viewing this thread