2013 Burned Shelby Copart build/save

Silver Talon

Pronounced: Mahcargo Braaaap
Established Member
Easy fix 2k to 3k should do it!

Just needs a buff! And maybe some flex seal....

Glad you made it there and back in one piece.

Thank you sir!

Sub'n.

Underhood damage doesn't look bad at all considering it was on fire. Lucked out with those wires!

No, less damage than I thought. Makes me a happy camper though!

View attachment 1559893 Put a good charge on it and I bet it will start!

It was tempting! But I asked my buddy if he could help me find my short, which he didn't find very funny.

Was the engine cleaner included in the purchase price? The can in one of your photo’s.....:( Please, I can’t take this anymore! Just fix or Crush this S/!T Box!

Nah, I just buy those by the case. Parting it is tempting. My 91 ranger 2wd short box would go pretty good with this setup in it.....

It looks like it may have an aftermarket shifter.

I see the ball is one of the Shelby accessory ones they sold. Never thought to look at the shifter itself. Any ideas as to what it is if so?

Someone should call Motor Trend for a full Update of this build....Mecum Auto Action? Clean title with minor smoke damage!

We don't need them. YouTube will be enough.

Subscribing. Very cool to try and save her. My bro bought a fired damaged 2004 Cobra motor in 2005 that looked very similar. New cam covers, refinished blower and it’s still going strong in his car to this day!
What’s the plan?
Good luck!
-J

Thanks man! I think the valve covers and blower will go get powder coated red, to match the car. Then piece her back together. I've got a line on some parts from a few people, so the stock stuff looks easy to track down so far. Drive train will come out of it, so the engine bay and everything can get painted the right way. That will allow me to build the wiring and sensors easily onto the engine. Great time to do long tubes to her. But I'm just saving it to sell. Wish I could afford to build her into a racer though.

This is brilliant. Loving your dedication and dream of one day doing a project car: this looks ambitious but the more you share the more I can see how possible it is to bring the beasty back to life. I’m following everywhere you’re posting!

I have a soft spot with this one as I have one of the 596 black, with red stripe, 13/14s built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's really pretty straight forward stuff. There is basically no body work that ill be doing, and new replacement hood and fenders don't need much besides scuffing. Ill have to put a new radiator support in, but even that's not crazy since its all stripped down from the fire anyway. Mark where your bolts came from, take pics and videos, and reassemble when the new stuff comes in. Easy!

Damn that thing needs a lot.

Just some wax and elbow grease :p

I’d take a project on like that.

Looks like a lot of work, but I’d definitely do it given the entry price.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Yes, lots of work. But good quality time with the stepson. And I could be sitting on the couch watching tv, but Ill feel better about myself if I'm building a car instead.

I bought two flood cars from copart, both s197
I will do it again
Best bang for your buck in terms of having s CSR for dirt cheap that's been reliable and kinda quick

Yes, If I cant find a good pile of the clips and pieces I need, Ill buy a v6 parts car to pull all the plastic clips and what not ill be needing for this from. Luckily there isn't much of a short supply of the 13-14 v6 cars around, so it wont cost me much to snag one of those.

Silver Talon

Established Member
The Shenandoah Valley on I81, first two pictures are the Edinburg Gap, the third was taken below Mt Jackson VA looking at the mountain that is the end of the Fort Valley on the other side

Great ride through I81. I used that on the way back as much as I could, just because the view was appealing.

Great pics, looking forward to following this one.

I've got a youtube channel built for this build too. :)

Silver Talon

Established Member
The nice thing about this build also is the fact that you’ll be very intimate with all the engine bay and electronics and then when I have a problem I’ll know who to ask Lmao
Haha, I'll be here for you man if you need something!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

fearthesnake

Established Member
Im curious what happened to the car, looks like an intentional fire set?

Any guesses here? Was the fire started outside the engine bay around or under the fender or tire area?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
So now that you've started tearing into it and can see the extent of the damage, do you think you bought it cheap enough to get some money out of it?

Silver Talon

Established Member
Im curious what happened to the car, looks like an intentional fire set?

Any guesses here? Was the fire started outside the engine bay around or under the fender or tire area?

I don't know if it was intentional. I would guess not, because id start something in the interior first, as its much more flammable than the front corner of the car.

It looks like it burned from the bottom of the front bumper, up into the engine bay. The main harness that runs through the wheel well, and up behind the headlight, is completely burned up. Once you get to within a few inches of the firewall, its relatively intact, and is intact again as it starts to cross the nose of the car. The fire appears to have started low, and caught the plastics and paper filter on fire, and moved across the top of the engine. It did burn up the inside sidewall of the tire too, so it was definitely low first, then spread.

I'm trying to find someone to speak with at USAA, the insurance company that totaled the car, to try and find the adjuster that handled the car, so I can try and get the story on this.

So now that you've started tearing into it and can see the extent of the damage, do you think you bought it cheap enough to get some money out of it?

Definitely. The sad part is I'd make a killing just parting the car out, in reality a good bit less money after I rebuild it. But this is such a straight forward fix in terms of what needs to be done, that I cant bring myself to do that. It will be labor intensive for sure, but with some good finds on used stock parts, it will be a pretty basic fix.

And I enjoy turning a wrench for fun. Its better than being parked on the couch, that's for sure. And my stepson and I will really enjoy tackling this project over the summer. I'd love to get my girls involved, but being stereotypical girls, they haven't shown much interest yet. Although they do enjoy car shows, and picking out nice chevys they like, to poke fun at my ford loyalty. Lol.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Thats going to be a lot of work, though if your first GT500 is any indication, thats not a problem!

Any thoughts on just turning this girl into a dedicated track/drag car? Would be a shame to get a lot of money tied up in it and have a hard time selling because of the title.

Silver Talon

Established Member
Thats going to be a lot of work, though if your first GT500 is any indication, thats not a problem!

Any thoughts on just turning this girl into a dedicated track/drag car? Would be a shame to get a lot of money tied up in it and have a hard time selling because of the title.

Oh, tons of different thoughts going on here. A full on build would be pretty cool, but I'm in the middle of trying to remodel my dads house I inherited a few years ago. And that's a huge project at the moment. Id love to slap some big rods in her, and some cams and go full bolt on. But I'd have to keep it at that point, as I'd have a good bit more money that what she would be worth at that point.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Oh, tons of different thoughts going on here. A full on build would be pretty cool, but I'm in the middle of trying to remodel my dads house I inherited a few years ago. And that's a huge project at the moment. Id love to slap some big rods in her, and some cams and go full bolt on. But I'd have to keep it at that point, as I'd have a good bit more money that what she would be worth at that point.
Nothing wrong with having 2 GT500s imo.....

Do it!

Silver Talon

Established Member
Nothing wrong with having 2 GT500s imo.....

Do it!
You dont have to convince me man! You have to convince my gf, who's looking at 3 mustangs in the yard! If I wasn't building a house over again, I'd keep smokey!

Silver Talon

Established Member
My girlfriend said If I put her name on the house we are rebuilding (its in just mine, as its my dads old place I inherited), she would let me spend as much money as I wanted on car things, that she wouldn't complain ever again. Lol. Maybe I should jump on that offer....

50stangpower

Established Member
My girlfriend said If I put her name on the house we are rebuilding (its in just mine, as its my dads old place I inherited), she would let me spend as much money as I wanted on car things, that she wouldn't complain ever again. Lol. Maybe I should jump on that offer....

not unless you want to possibly give her half of the house later.

Silver Talon

Established Member
not unless you want to possibly give her half of the house later.
We are 8 years in at that point, and joint on everything else we own. Shes been bugging me for a ring for a while now too. The house isnt worth crap at the moment, and the only way it will be worth something is with our time and money. So I'm not too concerned about that.

Users who are viewing this thread