2013 GT Hellion 67mm single turbo kit review

Bloo

Established Member
7k for a single kit is a little out of my budget. I think i may just go with a used paxton kit. Only want to spend about 4k
right now. The used 76mm hellion kit was gonna run me about $4700.

Those who went the paxton route, are you happy with it? I know when i put a procharger on my 2007, i was a bit disappointed in how it felt. I was expecting a huge difference and i didn't get that with the procharger. I'm hoping the 5.0's power band will make the power shine and give it a better SOTP feel

Last edited:

phils04gt

Established Member
Anyone have any luck with the on3 kit? Isn't that like $3800? You can run that kit and then swap the turbos out down the road.

svt04cobra1

Established Member
I happen to be one of the first with the Hellion single kit and the 76mm precision turbo. I ordered it that way from day one as I knew the 67 would be to small for the power I was going for. Long story short, 2 built motors with cracked blocks, one on the dyno, and one I got to enjoy for 1 night of racing. Never was able to prove but I always suspected it was back pressure. I now have another built motor from the same shop, (They took care of me) with internals to with stand 2000hp (block won't support that much!) and Hellion's Twin turbo base kit, and could not be happier!!!!!! So far my car is the fastest hellion 2011 twin turbo with the base kit that we are aware of and is about to get alot faster!!! Hellion in general makes an excellent product. Seems they were just a little to quick on the single kit for the new Coyote but IMHO redeemed them selves with the twin kit. Makes great power for such low boost and drives like stock.

Bloo

Established Member
ON3's kit is a PIA to install from what i see. I think I'm going to pick up a paxton this weekend and call it a day.

Users who are viewing this thread