2013 GT Hellion 67mm single turbo kit review

Deespeed99

Established Member
that thing really needs a 76/75 The 65 Exhaust is killing it

It could be a 6775 i really dont know. No labels or markings on the turbo to identify & i wasnt taking it apart to measure lol. Whats killing it is the shitty ass hot side piping. Once it gets warm put ill replace it all with 3" piping & re-tune/post those results.

Last edited:

Eric@jpc

Established Member
It could be a 6775 i really dont know. No labels or markings on the turbo to identify & i wasnt taking it apart to measure lol. Whats killing it is the shitty ass hot side piping. Once it gets warm put ill replace it all with 3" piping & re-tune/post those results.

i have a car here that has 2.5 hot side that made over 1000

Its more like wastegate placement and the proper exhaust housing on the turbo.

You could add a 2nd wastegate it might help :beer:

whats the AR on that turbo?

Deespeed99

Established Member
i have a car here that has 2.5 hot side that made over 1000

Its more like wastegate placement and the proper exhaust housing on the turbo.

You could add a 2nd wastegate it might help :beer:

whats the AR on that turbo?

A coyote motor/car? Stock piping is 2-3/4" on this kit it drops down to 2-1/8" on the drivers side and 2.5" passenger. The WG placement is good but the angle of entry is not so great also. If it is a 6775 it should be .96 a/r

CPRsm

They come 67/75's on a 96. It's a combination of things. Even the mag testing with a 1.15 didn't rpm very well. That was w no filter, 2ft of down pipe, and no recirc on the wg. The tubing size is pretty small. You'd be surprised what you can get away when done properly.:banana:

You guys are getting catback and hotside confused with ea other. Eric's talking catback and deep is talking about crossover size.

slamdcoop0428

Established Member
A coyote motor/car? Stock piping is 2-3/4" on this kit it drops down to 2-1/8" on the drivers side and 2.5" passenger. The WG placement is good but the angle of entry is not so great also. If it is a 6775 it should be .96 a/r

The whole stock exhaust on a coyote Is for sure not 2 3/4 all the way through. Right after the the stock cars it necks down pretty small for a couple feet then back up to 2 3/4 and that's just the x pipe. After that the resonators drop all the way down 2 inches. But yes it doesn't have to push through a turbo but still.

stang8psi

Established Member
Blah... I am glad I went with a paxton. 9lbs and made alot more power (almost 90 more than op on same boost psi) also can rev to 7000+ while still making power and almost the same TQ and mine was on a mustang dyno SAE corrected, and the blowers have parasitic loss factor! Not knockin OP but just another example as to why there are several reasons to stay away from the Hellion single!

Deespeed99

Established Member
They come 67/75's on a 96. It's a combination of things. Even the mag testing with a 1.15 didn't rpm very well. That was w no filter, 2ft of down pipe, and no recirc on the wg. The tubing size is pretty small. You'd be surprised what you can get away when done properly.:banana:

You guys are getting catback and hotside confused with ea other. Eric's talking catback and dee is talking about crossover size.

What are you implying that your kit is done well?! :p It's pretty nasty I can't wait for track times! :bowdown:

That's why I asked about the piping size because I find it hard to believe that anything less then 2.75" off the header is going to be good on these motor for turbo setups, I definitely was referring to the hot side though not CB or AB.

The whole stock exhaust on a coyote Is for sure not 2 3/4 all the way through. Right after the the stock cars it necks down pretty small for a couple feet then back up to 2 3/4 and that's just the x pipe. After that the resonators drop all the way down 2 inches. But yes it doesn't have to push through a turbo but still.

I know I was referring strictly to the piping off the H pipe pre-cat which IMO should be the equivalent if not bigger for pre-turbo piping.

Blah... I am glad I went with a paxton. 9lbs and made alot more power (almost 90 more than op on same boost psi) also can rev to 7000+ while still making power and almost the same TQ and mine was on a mustang dyno SAE corrected, and the blowers have parasitic loss factor! Not knockin OP but just another example as to why there are several reasons to stay away from the Hellion single!

I hear ya & don't disagree! I just rode in several supercharged cars and outside of PD style blowers I don't like the TQ/Power curves. I'm an "instant" type of guy and want it as soon as I hit it and I've always loved turbos. Plus I love being able to switch settings on the fly. I definitely agree ANY other power adder or turbo kit will be better then this one but at the same time I gladly did this install to provide actual data about the kit not just speculation and people giving bits and pieces of information or pissed off because they don't have the patience to make it work.

That being said I did take the car out for a spin tonight and took some videos and I must say blowing the tires off at 60-80MPH is a nice feeling LOL! The gear really helps with the power curves! I'll post a full length video tomorrow when I get day time pulls!

6SpeedFreak

Established Member

Post up a Graph I would like to see it.

CPRsm

What are you implying that your kit is done well?! :p It's pretty nasty I can't wait for track times! :bowdown:

That's why I asked about the piping size because I find it hard to believe that anything less then 2.75" off the header is going to be good on these motor for turbo setups, I definitely was referring to the hot side though not CB or AB.
Nah, 2.75 would be too big for most cars. Pressurizing makes things flow better. Hence the reason logs and stock manifold work. Try that N/A lol. That's the reason though I need to make a wg change on the kit. Back pressure is so damn low I'm getting creep LOL.

bigriff85

Established Member
Hellions short comings with this kit really anger me I owned this kit and feel like I was ripped off me and everyone else who bought one of these kits were hellions r&d guinea pigs and had to pay for it. All of this "patience" bs is ridiculous these are new cars, buying new 6k kits I shouldn't have to "test" or force anything it should bolt up properly and tune properly just like every other power added option or don't offer it! Ps turning up te boost with the back pressure issues and you're gonna pop anything over 10psi and you're gonna get valve float don't do it....flawed kit hellion owes everyone who bought this garbage a refund or the tt kit with all of the revisions from this failure of a kit.

Deespeed99

Established Member
Nah, 2.75 would be too big for most cars. Pressurizing makes things flow better. Hence the reason logs and stock manifold work. Try that N/A lol. That's the reason though I need to make a wg change on the kit. Back pressure is so damn low I'm getting creep LOL.

Really? I would've thought that would've been perfect! What is ideal on coyotes?

In car video is up BTW!

Turbo 2013 Mustang 5.0 - YouTube

stang8psi

Established Member
Post up a Graph I would like to see it.

Not a thing to hide!
2013-01-29_16-36-55_984.jpg

6SpeedFreak

Established Member
Thanks for the graph...I have a local friend that is going FI and he is torn between TVS and Cetri....Wanting to see some of the differences since we haven't been in any boosted 5.0s besides mine..I think he is leaning hard on the TVS...we may go to the track a few times but both our cars a just for fun street cars!

Bloo

Established Member
Bringing this thread back...

I see the issues people are having with the hellion 67mm kit. But, how is their single 76mm kit doing? Does it pull all the way up to 7k? I really want to get a turbo for the SOTP feel it will bring. I just feel like i wouldn't feel a paxton's power because of how low the tq numbers are.

Is getting the single 76mm hellion kit a bad idea? I'm getting a decent deal on one...

Deespeed99

Established Member
Bringing this thread back...

I see the issues people are having with the hellion 67mm kit. But, how is their single 76mm kit doing? Does it pull all the way up to 7k? I really want to get a turbo for the SOTP feel it will bring. I just feel like i wouldn't feel a paxton's power because of how low the tq numbers are.

Is getting the single 76mm hellion kit a bad idea? I'm getting a decent deal on one...

I personally feel the 76mm kit will still have back pressure issues due to the turbine size but dont flatten out at 5800-6000 because the compressor side flows better. you will still have issues making power to 7k safely with back pressure issues. Again just my opinion. ill be testing this theory when i get the new turbo this week which is larger then the 75mm offered on both hellion turbos on the turbine side. If you can get one used then yes it probably would be a good deal but new i would look at other options

Users who are viewing this thread