2013 GT500 Diff Cooler on a 2000 R

GaryGrimm

Established Member
So I've been getting ready to make my car track ready; and the Diff cooler is a project that needs to be tackled. Ford is offering a "Track Pack" for the 2013 GT500 that includes diff cooler! Well, the thought of putting a "Ford" diff cooler on the car (I know it's probably outsourced by Ford), seems to be the way to go. I'm not sure what Ford will charge for the parts, but it looks like a clean setup. What do you guys think?
~Gary

http://www.ford.com/cars/mustang/features/Feature6/#page=Feature6

2013 Ford Shelby GT500 - Gallery

IMAG2318.jpg

IMAG2316.jpg

2013-ford-shelby-gt500-08_gallery_image_large.jpg

2013-ford-shelby-gt500-09_gallery_image_large.jpg

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Gary:

The only problem is your car has an IRS and the Shelby has an SRA. The two rear diff covers are completely different and not interchangeable.

We offer the new and vastly improved Ford Racing IRS diff cover on our site:

FT 1350

This cover has pipe thread provisions for a diff cooler.

Your alternative would be to drill and tap your existing cover and/or case for the suction and return connection points. There are several very good threads in this forum on that topic.

Good luck!

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

GaryGrimm

Established Member
Diff Cooler

Hey Bruce,
I installed the new Ford Diff Cover; so I have the connections ready for the cooler (although they will be a major PIA to connect in the car). I like the idea of running factory Ford stuff in the car. I must say, the Banjo fittings on the cover keep things nice and clean. I'm just curious how much the Ford parts counter will ask for it?
~Gary

GaryGrimm

Established Member
Diff Cooler

That's a nice write up by M&M!
I can't say that I'm excited about putting the cooler in the spare tire well. I'm curious where the cooler is on the GT500. I've been searching the net and can't find a whole lot of information on the specifics of the GT500 track pack.
~Gary

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
I can't say that I'm excited about putting the cooler in the spare tire well. I'm curious where the cooler is on the GT500. I've been searching the net and can't find a whole lot of information on the specifics of the GT500 track pack.
~Gary

You don't have to put it in the tire well. It's just there on the race car.

:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
~Gary

Gary:

You should be able to put parts together yourself for about half the price of those kits:

diffpump&rad.JPG

difffump&filter.JPG

diffplumbing.jpg

diffsender.JPG

Fast99Snake

IRS'd GT
Established Member
+1 on doing it yourself, just buy some AN lines, a mocal pump, and a generic trans cooler with a small electric fan and fab up some brackets. You will need to tap the bottom of the pumpkin for the feed line and just use the fill hole for the return. Nice little weekend project and you can do it for half the price of the kits.

flattrack53

Established Member
I should of put the ford diff cover on my car when I put the IRS brace on it. That was a total pain in the butt! 03-04 cobra ones fit but one of the bolts is impossible to fit without modification.

Users who are viewing this thread