2013 GT500 FAQ's (noobs enter)

91svtbird

Established Member
And to many no, I had the NAV system in my 2010 GT500 and 2010 SHO. I decided against it because it isn't worth the coin. Sure it works pretty well but is becoming extremely dated. Many of the nice features are tied to a Sirius subscription as well. As for the Shaker 1000 it's only recommended for someone that doesn't plan on changing the audio system that needs more bass.

That's why I chose not to get it this time around also....I put the money into the PP and TP instead.:)

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
yea valid points its not for everyone....made a couple changes, added glass roof question

Last edited:

Marc

Established Member
You might want to put "in order" what to expect when ordering your shelby. For Instance:

Get Allocation
Get Vin #
DORA
Window Sticker
...and all the steps in between until it is delivered to your door.

I am hopefully finalizing my order this week, can you put up this info?

mullens

Established Member
*To OP* Only thing I am seeing that you may consider changing is the boost level, I have seen 15lbs on my SC more than one time on drives through 3rd and 4th gear. I was always under the impression 15lbs was factory setting.

I think Ford lists 15 psi also. My FRPP TVS makes 15psi on a cool day so I don't see why the '13 wouldn't since it's basically the same blower.

bpmurr

Established Member
yea valid points its not for everyone....made a couple changes, added glass roof question

Remember Sync comes with the car even if you don't get the NAV. So what you really are getting is dual climate control and HD Radio on top of the NAV.

SoulCrusher

Established Member
Devious, I have the SVTTP and thought I too read somewhere that the TP cars held 9.5 quarts and the non-TP cars held only 8.5. I have gone back through the manual and the supplement and all I can find is 8.5 for both.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Devious, I have the SVTTP and thought I too read somewhere that the TP cars held 9.5 quarts and the non-TP cars held only 8.5. I have gone back through the manual and the supplement and all I can find is 8.5 for both.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

9.5 quarts for TP cars, 1 quart is in the oil cooler hence the extra as opposed to the base cars which only take 8.5

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Separate drain location for the oil cooler or both through the pan?

from what I understand you dont have to drain the oil cooler the same way or at the same intervals you do the regular oil, but I would try to confirm that with someone with more know how

SoulCrusher

Established Member
Hmm, I changed my oil & filter this past week and it only took 8.5 quarts to fill it back up. Now, my engine was not at operating temperature, I just backed it out of the garage and pulled it back in the other side onto the lift. Does the oil cooler work off of a temperature switch, meaning the oil cooler system is a "closed loop" until the engine reaches a certain temperature and then opens up? This might have something to do with the plastic panel that says "remove for oil change" that sits just in front of the pan.

Excellent thread BTW.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Hmm, I changed my oil & filter this past week and it only took 8.5 quarts to fill it back up. Now, my engine was not at operating temperature, I just backed it out of the garage and pulled it back in the other side onto the lift. Does the oil cooler work off of a temperature switch, meaning the oil cooler system is a "closed loop" until the engine reaches a certain temperature and then opens up? This might have something to do with the plastic panel that says "remove for oil change" that sits just in front of the pan.

Excellent thread BTW.

that could be it, I dont have a TP so I cant say for sure. Honestly make a quick phone call to SVT and im sure they will be happy to answer the question

Thanks, figure it would make things a little easier for the most common questions instead of people making endless threads of the same stuff

SoulCrusher

Established Member
Well, when you call SVT you actually get Ford Racing. From what the gentleman I spoke to said there is not a separate number for SVT anymore. All he could find is 8.5 quarts and suggested I call a dealer and speak with the service department. I'll let everyone know what I find out.

SoulCrusher

Established Member
According to the SVT Tech at my local dealer, all he could find was 8.5 quarts and nothing related to an additional quart for the TP or anything about draining the oil cooler separately.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

662HP631TQ

Established Member
Ride height with/without splitter?

Also maybe not for here maybe it is.

Why do we need an oil seperator? I understand the oil portion, but if Ford did not include it, why is it necessary and people swear by it?

That is all!

Snoopy49

Established Member
The oil cooler on the track pack is temperature controlled, there is a thermostat in the system. I would get the engine up to operating temperature and then drain the oil, that way the thermostat is fully open. I don't know if the cooler is high enough to drain back to the pan. I do know that there is an additional full mark on the dipstick that is used at the factory when the track pack option is installed. It is used only when the cooler and lines are empty.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ride height with/without splitter?

Also maybe not for here maybe it is.

Why do we need an oil seperator? I understand the oil portion, but if Ford did not include it, why is it necessary and people swear by it?

That is all!

At normal ride height the splitter is about 6 inches clearance, mine is lowered now with it on and just under 5...no issues

Oil separator is great and its not included by Ford because well....cost savings, just like other things not included on the vehicle. Can it safely run without of course engineered to but the oil separator is piece of mind to catch excess oil flowing back through and into the SC

The oil cooler on the track pack is temperature controlled, there is a thermostat in the system. I would get the engine up to operating temperature and then drain the oil, that way the thermostat is fully open. I don't know if the cooler is high enough to drain back to the pan. I do know that there is an additional full mark on the dipstick that is used at the factory when the track pack option is installed. It is used only when the cooler and lines are empty.

thanx :beer:

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
How stiff is the PP standard setting on the suspension. Is it the same as the base model?

Users who are viewing this thread