2013 GT500 LCD Gauge Cluster Install into a 2011 GT500 With Track Apps and LC

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Not yet. I am collecting parts and information.. I got the 2013 Engine Harness, the EPAS Rack and need to source a couple more parts.
It will still take some time. Currently my 2013GT500 cluster is working, except for TrackApps and some of the analog stuff (AFR/Boost)

Will periodically update...

LEXiiON

ghostofnyc

Established Member
Not yet. I am collecting parts and information.. I got the 2013 Engine Harness, the EPAS Rack and need to source a couple more parts.
It will still take some time. Currently my 2013GT500 cluster is working, except for TrackApps and some of the analog stuff (AFR/Boost)

Will periodically update...

LEXiiON
Give me a call when u get a chance Dion 8136184358

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Ring Ring ;)

Your mailbox is full...

Last edited:

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Not a lot... I did test the 2013+ ABS with the EPAS connected and i got TrackApps to work. However, due to the different Software versions of the PCM's, the ABS throws "incompatible Software" DTC. But all TrackApp's menu's are functional.

Parts will slowly move in, I assume over the course of the year i have more information. Right now I am working with Zero on getting the bb completed.

LEXiiON

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Some findings on this for the 2010 group:

First, the PS delete bracket P/N from Ford is: BR3Z-8A653-A .. That allows the use of the 2011+ belt

Second: Expect custom wiring between the light harness (basically the one with the fuse box that) and the main body harness (the one inside the cabin). Here is why:

The SJB connectors are the same, so not a lot to do on the passenger side
The Connector C263 on the 2010's does not exist on the 2011+. Instead they use C264/265 to connect to the main harness on the drives side.
Now here comes a little issue: C264/265 are on the side behind the cover (easy..) but C263 is behind the dash (right of the cluster)..
C264/265 and C263 have the fuel pump stuff... so they either need to be re-wired or swap the main harness, too.

The benefit of swapping the main harness is, that you can get all the VDM connectors as well as the shock connectors, too. So if you plan to add the electronic bilsteins, that is very easy to do...

I am torn. I believe both ways will require the removal of the dash (again? sigh)... Well at least I could add the second actuator to get true dual climate control while doing this...

The biggest challenge with the 2013 main harness are the seats... the connector changed. So a 2011 harness could solve that, but then, no bilsteins... geee Thanks, Ford..

I will look into the main harness thing over the next couple of weeks... but I mentally already get to the conclusion, that I have to strip down my car...

Oh well, 99.9999% would trade.... I don't.. I like to monkey around with that stuff :D

LEXiiON

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I will periodically update this thread with some findings. However, I talked to Tob yesterday (Thanks Tob for the nice conversation!) and will start a build thread soon, to capture all the crazy stuff I did to my car, if anyone wants to take some of the stuff and apply that to their vehicle.

So a couple of thoughts:

If you own a 2011+ and did the retrofit as mentioned By BES, you can actually add the quick buttons below the light switch (former message center):
Motorcraft P/N SW6990 for the non-SVTPP switch (blank in the middle)
Motorcraft P/N SW6962 for the SVTPP version (includes the shock symbol)

The Switch needs to be wired to the PCM Connector C175B Pin 17 for signal and Pin 56 for return. See diagram
So:
Pin 4 on the switch to Pin 56 on the PCM
Pin 5 on the switch to Pin 17 on the PCM

RideCtrl.jpg

I am also getting some more parts next week. I found a 2013 GT500 PCM and will get the Battery cable.

One thought on the battery cable. It also comes with a Motorcraft P/N : WC96334 for 2014 and WC96276 for 2013.
The battery cable has the connections to the EPAS rack, Transmission and O2 sensors.... It also connects to the PCM...
Now why does Amazon has 5 of each in stock? Do you have to swap the cable, if you blow the fuse? Strange....

2015-03-01 12.49.09.jpg

Mysteries ;)

Thanks,

LEXiiON

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Good talking to you too Alex. You have a great attitude and I give you a lot of credit for taking on what many (that includes me too!) shy away from. Really looking forward to your swap writeup. Good luck!

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
PCM came in today :rockon:- the engine harness fits like a glove ... now off to filling the rest of those empty connector slots :coolman:

Wednesday I will get the battery harness. Next slot filled ....

Slowly getting there :rolling:

LEXiiON

2015-03-02 16.56.07.jpg

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Hi all,

This is ZeroAviation (Matt) one of the original guys on this swap from TMS.

For anyone on this forum who is doing this swap on the 11/12 shelby, I have written a swap tune for the MWJ3 PCM.

I will provide this FREE of charge to anyone (as my time allows). Its a Stock 11/12 tune for the 13/14 PCM firmware. This will allow you to run the 13/14 PCM or PCM Firmware in the 10/11/12 cars with the cluster swap.

Feel free to email me with your swap information and your SCT device serial number - [email protected]

Cheers,
-Matt

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
Hi all,

This is ZeroAviation (Matt) one of the original guys on this swap from TMS.

For anyone on this forum who is doing this swap on the 11/12 shelby, I have written a swap tune for the MWJ3 PCM.

I will provide this FREE of charge to anyone (as my time allows). Its a Stock 11/12 tune for the 13/14 PCM firmware. This will allow you to run the 13/14 PCM or PCM Firmware in the 10/11/12 cars with the cluster swap.

Feel free to email me with your swap information and your SCT device serial number - [email protected]

Cheers,
-Matt

^^^^^^ :thumbsup:

This is a great offer! I know Matt and he is an awesome guy. He knows our electronics up and down....
So that makes it easy for a stock car (2011-2012) to do the swap !

LEXiiON

ZeroSVT

Established Member
Does anyone have a part number for the pins that SAL (Blue Eyed Snake) used for the clockspring and button pins?

Cheers,
-Matt

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
You can get the clockspring connector from Motorcraft. Should include ton's of spare pin's: WPT-1166 for 12 cavity and WPT1048 for 16 cavity
I haven't found any pin's yet that fit the steering wheel switch...

LEXiiON

Last edited:

ZeroSVT

Established Member
$44 is pretty steep just to get some pins. I wish I knew how he got the part number for the OEM ones. I wonder if there is a yazak PN or similar on the connectr. Guess gotta take mine apart :p

Users who are viewing this thread