2013 GT500 Stripes

1320nut

Shelby Girl
Established Member
It seems that a lot of people on this board have ordered a stripe delete car. Don't know the reasons why, whether related to maintenance or just personal preference. I've ordered Grabber Blue with black stripes and this will be my first vinyl stripe car (my race car has painted stripes, not vinyl). I saw this car over the weekend and it got me wondering if the stripes on my 2013 will be looking like this someday? Or maybe this was on purpose?? :??:
crackedstripes2.jpg

Last edited:

bpmurr

Established Member
It's almost like the person did that on purpose, plus it really doesn't look well kept. There are cheap stripe kits out there but from what I can tell the OEM stripes hold up really well.

reason4treason

Established Member
How do you order the side stripe delete, but still get the over the top stripes?

people were talking about that around 2 months ago. i don't think you can be that specific in the ordering. you might want to check the archives for the first week of April or so. it would seem like if you just didn't want the stripes applied, but you did want the seat accents, you should be able to order it that way too, but you can't. on the positive side, the stripes aren't that difficult to remove from what I've read. I'm changing my white stripes to black eventually and it seems the over-the-top stripes are easy to find aftermarket. the exact match side stripes not so easy to find, in my experience so far. I'm deciding whether to go aftermarket or OEM for the black stripe kit I'll get.

BlueStarIV

Established Member
I have had mine out in the weather (winter storms as well) all year round and the stripes are just fine. I haven't noticed any weathering or cracking, etc. I think you would be fine...if that was happening with everyones car there would be a major uproar going on.

jsdeweyusmc

Established Member
You cannot specify that you only want stripes over the top and not on the sides. I had no problems with my 2010 or 2012 but I don't seem to keep them to long. I always wax mine when I wax the car and that was about 3 times amonth.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
well yes, glass roofs get no stripes over the glass, but they stll get them on the hood and trunk

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I don't do stripes- the car attracts enough attention as it is.

It's also, just not in my cup of tea

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
On my DORA the Top and Side stripe delete are

46D and 47D..

While they're different codes, I don't know if you can order one without the other.

ADE 1000

Established Member
The stripes can be delicate, but hold up well if taken care of. If you want attention - go for them. Go stripe delete if you want to keep a low profile......

Users who are viewing this thread