2013 GT500 Tune-a-Thon!!! Lethal Performance vs. Evolution Performance

Bob Cosby

Established Member
+1, I could care less what a shop does with a car. In my opinion, they usually ruin their own cars in search of the last .001.

I wouldn't say I could care less - because it IS good R&D, and there is good data to be had. However, it is the individual owners that interest me more than the deep pockets and virtually endless time that shops have.

FYI...I mean no disrespect to any shop...many were VERY good to me when I was actively racing in NMRA.

Colleton

Established Member
Don't care, although I wish them the best of luck.

If I do go ahead and buy a '13 I'll be leaving it stock. 662 HP in a factory street car. Good enough for me.

Well, I might look into aftermarket grilles. No telling what some random parking lot asshat will do with that kind of easy access.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Will be interesting, but I think in the end, most will have the *Base* mod, then it will branch out from there.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
well one of these shops tends to use KBs and the other tends to use whipples, so same tuner or not it's gonna be interesting.

Turbo mach1

Established Member
i know we will have mine on the dyno with mods the day after it hits the dealership, cant wait...

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
No offense, but I hope a hole in the wall garage throws nitrous on one and busts off a 9 sec pass just to get some of the 'Who has the fastest/Quickest" argument out of the way. I don't care who was first or last to run a ET. I just want good parts and a solid tune.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
As a pioneer in the Boss 302 category I am extremely happy with evolution performance and their desire to push the envelope!

I hope they get their car soon and wish Fred, Chuck and the rest of the crew goodluck!!

Subd

04JUIC

ZY Vert
Established Member
As a pioneer in the Boss 302 category I am extremely happy with evolution performance and their desire to push the envelope!

I hope they get their car soon and wish Fred, Chuck and the rest of the crew goodluck!!

Subd

They got their car Tuesday lol

12C/OBoss

Established Member
I am sure Jon Lund, Fred, and Chuck are having waaay too much fun with their Grabber blue baby right now!!!!

cant wait to see baseline and mods with numbers...I am sure they will be SICK!

Formula51

Established Member
You seriously think a tune and intake will net 90-100whp?

Stock dyno's are showing 600-610rwhp so picking up 50-60 with a tune and intake should be very doable. I saw one post already indicating 650rwhp with just a tune.

The cool thing about this is we are talking 650+whp on regular pump gas for cheap and with no increase in heat soak. A little exhaust to get the right sound and you should be set. Of course, most of us are never satisfied....

Last edited:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Stock dyno's are showing 600-610rwhp so picking up 50-60 with a tune and intake should be very doable. I saw one post already indicating 650rwhp with just a tune.

The cool thing about this is we are talking 650+whp on regular pump gas for cheap and with no increase in heat soak. A little exhaust to get the right sound and you should be set. Of course, most of us are never satisfied....

This.

Users who are viewing this thread