2013 GT500 vs 2015 E63S AMG tuned

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I think this is my next DD (currently have the ML 400): 2016 GLE 63s (non-coupe) w/ RennTech tune = 669hp/738tq.

Good idea :beer:
Still, with all my Mustangs, I need the wife to approve on the DD as it needs 4 doors and she likes to borrow it for ladies nights when the minivan stigma gets to even her.
I'd likely do CPO anyway, more funds for the fast cars.
Also, I drove to near DC last fall and bought a sweet teal/grey cloth '93, thanks again for the info on the 1993 Cobras, amazing Foxbodies you've got.
Can't go wrong with SVT and AMG right?
-J

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I just can't stand the looks, I feel that E55 is very beautiful car with all the right lines. Still looks timeless for being 10-15 years old now.

I don't mind the looks, grant it with 100k on a sports sedan I purchase the RS7. You are correct that the e55 looks better than the 63 and that the 55 indeed does have a timeless or classic disposition.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I just can't stand the looks, I feel that E55 is very beautiful car with all the right lines. Still looks timeless for being 10-15 years old now.

X10
E55 body with all else E63 TT would be the winner.

I also agree on the RS7 statement if keeping stock, but just so many proven options with the AMG/m157.
If the AWD '13-14 E63s not in my budget, I'll be looking for a non-sport package '11-12 E63 with the limited slip and carbon interior to simply put an AMS tuner on :)
-J

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
Actually the 13-14 gt500 is very respected and loved. And I don't see any hate on here , do you ? Pretty impressive.
I think your mistaking the 07-09 gt500 which was the fugliest gt500 ever. Slow too.

Whoa......Whoa.....Whoa easy on the 07-09 GT500's!!!!!! I love mine and its got the same HP the 13-14's do with simple bolt on's.

callmedoc

Boosted Meth Addict
Established Member
It's funny you mention the massaging dynamic seats. I leased my parents a CLS 550 last spring and fell in love with the seats and other details that you only notice after driving the car for a while. When it came time to get something for my self my 14 year old was calling me and old man for NEEDING the dynamic massage seating. You have to experience it to get it. I'm 39 so you don't have to be old to appreciate it. lol.
One of my favorite parts is that the car is semi autonomous. Set the adaptive cruise and stop and go traffic is a breez now as it will follow the car in front. It will also track the road ahead and steer around bends in the road. It's amazing!

Getting a massage while I drive is my favorite part of my '15 S550. But, I have to say, I still get freaked out about how the car accelerates/brakes with the Distronic feature. I'm always afraid the computer will fail and I'll end up crashing my beauty...

BTW, the new 550's with the 4.7 twin turbo are pretty quick cars, almost on the level of the older AMG's. I can't believe how quick my ~5000 pound S class is. I would save the money buying an AMG and just get the 550 (no need for faster in a luxo-barge IMO). If you have an itch to make it faster, Renntech and the such can help you for a lot cheaper than splurging on an AMG....

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Interesting to see those two cars. Always interested in some Stang/AMG action. Thanks for posting

Users who are viewing this thread