2013 GT500 vs 2016 GT350/350R

f ê r

Tropical Tuned
Established Member
I won't mind either of them. But I like GT-350/GT-350R style/engineering more. Can't wait to hear that 5.2 FPC screaming under load w/ some exhaust done. My God, I'm a Pavlov's puppy right now.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I am all about what the new GT350 is.... I'm just not sold on the new body style. Also not sure I want to own one of the first fpc cars ever produced by Ford. I would give it a year to get the bugs out imo.

The 13-14 GT500 is/was the meanest Mustang ever made!

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member

Dayum those wheels tho!!

The looks of the new mustang really grew on me with the GT350R pictures but the front end still bothers me a little bit. For that reason only I like the looks of the S197 better. That being said, the GT350R is the only car I've seen lately that might get me out of my S197. So based on looks only, the 350R version of the S550 is a very close second to the S197.

lpheaven

Established Member
I love Mustangs and own a 2012 BOSS 302 but the 2014 Shelby GT500 is simply amazing and my favorite style to date.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I think the 350 and 350R right now are the meanest looking Mustangs. I think Ford chose all the right parts to make it super aggressive without going overboard and still giving the aftermarket something to work with. I also really like the direction Ford went with the motor/trans/suspension with these cars as it's different than what we are used to. While I still love the 13-14 Mustang GT and GT500, the S550 really makes them look old already.

Last edited:

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I guess I'm in the minority. The GT350/GT350R makes the GT500 look pedestrian in spite of the fish face.

Mombo

Established Member
Wide Body Kit

Widebody-2012-Shelby-Mustang-6.jpg
Dayum those wheels tho!!

I love Mustangs and own a 2012 BOSS 302 but the 2014 Shelby GT500 is simply amazing and my favorite style to date.

That wide body kit..drool

:eek:

I think the Super Snake or Shelby 1000 wide body kits look great.

Those rear tires with 345 series pilot super sports look killer.

:coolman:ford-mustang-2014-gt500-wallpaper-szx7ekof.jpgWidebody-2012-Shelby-Mustang-4.jpg02-shelby-gt500-super-snake-widebody.jpgView attachment 355092014-mustang-gt500-super-snake-convertible2014-mustang-shelby-gt500-super-snake-imagecar-wallpap.jpg

Last edited:

Mombo

Established Member
Shelby

I think the new Shelby looks great and would be where the next GT500 is headed...

:coolman:
News-SGT011615-2.jpg2015SGT-6.jpg2015-shelby-american-gt-engine.jpg2015-shelby-american-gt-mfg-tag.jpg2015-shelby-american-gt-hood-1.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Funny you didn't show a pic of the front end. That thing is a monstrosity. (I like the air box, though.) I certainly hope the GT500 doesn't take any cues from that car, if there is another GT500 during the S550 model run.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
In terms of looks, GT350. Nothing S197 looks aggressive or menacing. That whole chassis just comes off as floppy and lumbering looking. It lacked the agressive stance the SN95/New Edge produced that hasnt been rivaled until now with the GT350/350R.

As for performance, they are entirely separate beasts. Unless you are borderline retarded, you cant cross-shop these two. One is a track oriented handler, the other is a big power bulldog. If you are wanting to build a high HP freeway monster that can still handle well, GT500. If you are looking for a corner carver that can bust lap after lap at Road America or Infineon, that can still go pretty ****ing fast, GT350.

Rct851

Established Member
People cross shop price points more so then intended use of sports car because intended use aside it will be used on a freeway most of the time.

People rationalize (most anyway) what is the biggest payment they can afford and all of a sudden that is what looks appealing.

If people don't cross shop them then why are all these comparison threads comming up everyday?

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
People cross shop price points more so then intended use of sports car because intended use aside it will be used on a freeway most of the time.

People rationalize (most anyway) what is the biggest payment they can afford and all of a sudden that is what looks appealing.

If people don't cross shop them then why are all these comparison threads comming up everyday?

Because people that do that are borderline retarded. Would be like cross shopping an Elise and a Hellcat Charger IMO.

IMO, figure out the type of car you want, and then figure out how much you are willing to pay for it. Then go shopping.

Rct851

Established Member
Because people that do that are borderline retarded. Would be like cross shopping an Elise and a Hellcat Charger IMO.

IMO, figure out the type of car you want, and then figure out how much you are willing to pay for it. Then go shopping.
Well I can confirm people are retarded, it's not just your opinion. But that's not what this is about. Whether it makes sense to you or not doesn't change the fact people are going to cross shop these cars, as well as c6z and ford raptors for that matter. Most people don't have a discipline focused car in mind. They just want a badass ride or the flavor of the month.

Rct851

Established Member
Well I can confirm people are retarded, it's not just your opinion. But that's not what this is about. Whether it makes sense to you or not doesn't change the fact people are going to cross shop these cars, as well as c6z and ford raptors for that matter. Most people don't have a discipline focused car in mind. They just want a badass ride or the flavor of the month.

By saying "whether it makes asense to you or not" is not intended as a jab to you not being able to understand it. You in particular know exactly what you want and have very direct and strong opinions one way or another, is guess most people's tastes and interests are not as acute as yours. Mainly backed by how many people reading this own or have owned a 2005-2014 mustang which you notoriously hate

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Is cross shopping a Boss 302 and GT500 also retarded?

I was in the air between the two before I purchased.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Don't listen to thomas, I'd bet a majority shop price range over class of vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread