2013 GT500 vs Cammed Camaro vs Pullied Bolt on older GT500 vs zr1 killer c6 z06

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
530 is a small cam on a c6z. The heads flow very well in the z. Doing heads might add 20-30 more hp. I have a mild cam on my z with full boltons, milled/ported stock heads, and am at 580. I chased a stock '13 gt500 and had to back off big time to keep my distance from him. A big cam on a c6z can easily hit 570+. I wanted a very street friendly car and that's what I got

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
Good kills i would expect the Z to start pulling up top though.

This.

I always knew how well C6Z's run with those mods, but they're a completely different animal when you see it in person. I was surprised by the whole outcome.

C6Z with VERY similar mods just walks away from my friend's 580rwhp GT500.

Great to see it was so close, though! :rockon:

Ba_SVT

Established Member
So a stock 13 Shelby pulled on a bolton+ cam C6Z? Something wrong with the Z if you ask me.

:shrug: 530whp out of a full bolt cammed LS7? Uhhh....somebody needs a new shop to tune their car. I've seen cammed LS7s with just intakes around 550-570whp. :shrug:

So, new to the site and immediately noticed two corvette folks chiming in. Is this normal for SVTPerformance.com? Do these guys also own SVT products?
If not, why are they registered on this site?
Also, why are they so threatened to take on a stock GT500 (btw, I'll run you all day long, the last Z06 didn't want nothin from me)?
Just curious, being a newbie and all...

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
^ this is one of the very few sites that accepts brand lovers from all over, many of us want a c6z bad, and many of the GM guys want a GT500 or Cobra whether they admit it or not, we are all here to have fun and share stories, half the people on this site do not own a performance vehicle but enjoy the posts and the crowd on here. Anyone can register on this site, i have a GT500 but one day will snatch up a C6Z, they are badass...and they are not threatened, there are not enough people in their 20s and 30s who own these cars that still have balls to race, so thas why 90% of them do not

QuickC5Z

Established Member
So, new to the site and immediately noticed two corvette folks chiming in. Is this normal for SVTPerformance.com? Do these guys also own SVT products?
If not, why are they registered on this site?
Also, why are they so threatened to take on a stock GT500 (btw, I'll run you all day long, the last Z06 didn't want nothin from me)?
Just curious, being a newbie and all...

Who's threatened to take on a stock GT500? What are you talkin about? All I was sayin is a cammed C6Z would stomp a stock 13+ GT500. Stock for stock they're a good race.
As for running all day long..I would run you in a heartbeat. I would love get a clean run against a stock 13+ Shelby to gauge my car's performance, and just see how I fair against one. But im far from you...im in the Chicagoland area.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Only ran 1 13 gt500 with a HCI 08Z, and it wasn't close. Now the guy in the shelby couldn't drive so no way to gauge it. I sold the 08 I had but it put down 608 about 3 months ago on livernois dyno. The owner has become a great friend of mine so still have access to it and he's learning to really drive it. Purchased a shelby and lucky enough to get another 10Z.

Personally from driving all of them I think the GT on GT race would be lose since the gears are close and the pulley and tune should compensate for the gear difference. 13 might inch away through the gears but not just walk off. Has for the Z , should have eased away up to 120+ and then the walking away begins. Had to beat a car making the same hp and much lighter with better aerodynamics

Ba_SVT

Established Member
^ this is one of the very few sites that accepts brand lovers from all over, many of us want a c6z bad, and many of the GM guys want a GT500 or Cobra whether they admit it or not, we are all here to have fun and share stories, half the people on this site do not own a performance vehicle but enjoy the posts and the crowd on here. Anyone can register on this site, i have a GT500 but one day will snatch up a C6Z, they are badass...and they are not threatened, there are not enough people in their 20s and 30s who own these cars that still have balls to race, so thas why 90% of them do not

Fair enough, just surprised to see the comments here; wouldn't have considered going on a GM forum but that's just me.

Ba_SVT

Established Member
Who's threatened to take on a stock GT500? What are you talkin about? All I was sayin is a cammed C6Z would stomp a stock 13+ GT500. Stock for stock they're a good race.
As for running all day long..I would run you in a heartbeat. I would love get a clean run against a stock 13+ Shelby to gauge my car's performance, and just see how I fair against one. But im far from you...im in the Chicagoland area.

Yep, it would be fun, I wouldn't turn you down either...guess I was saying I haven't had any bites yet. I'm sure it will happen, hopefully after I get tire upgrades...wouldn't be a stock run then but new shoes are definitely needed.

OneSlowV

Established Member
The way you took out a lighter twin turbo 5.0. You should spank a 2013 GT500 even more lol

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Fair enough, just surprised to see the comments here; wouldn't have considered going on a GM forum but that's just me.

You're new here bro. Sit back and experience the site before you comment on things. Plenty of people made the progression from terminator cobras to vettes and c6z's. For 8 years, the c6z has been the gold standard for and all-around world beater in stock form. It took 662 hp gt500 to compete, and then, only in the straight line. Those of us who owned cobras 10 years ago have stayed on this site--because it is that good.

Ba_SVT

Established Member
You're new here bro. Sit back and experience the site before you comment on things. Plenty of people made the progression from terminator cobras to vettes and c6z's. For 8 years, the c6z has been the gold standard for and all-around world beater in stock form. It took 662 hp gt500 to compete, and then, only in the straight line. Those of us who owned cobras 10 years ago have stayed on this site--because it is that good.

Ok, thanks bro. Only in a straight line, sit back...got it.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Ok, thanks bro. Only in a straight line, sit back...got it.

It is what it is. '13 gt500s run strong in a straight line. They don't turn that great, don't stop that well. But they look good, sound better than any stock car I've owned, and have excellent seats/interior/ergonomics for what you pay.

Ba_SVT

Established Member
It is what it is. '13 gt500s run strong in a straight line. They don't turn that great, don't stop that well. But they look good, sound better than any stock car I've owned, and have excellent seats/interior/ergonomics for what you pay.

Agreed...you own one then? Didn't see it on your signature list. Btw, love the CTS-V (never driven one btw). How has your experience been with the GTR?

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Agreed...you own one then? Didn't see it on your signature list. Btw, love the CTS-V (never driven one btw). How has your experience been with the GTR?

Had nothing but bad luck with my gt500. Owned it for six months and had to replace the stock clutch at 150 miles in week one. Took four weeks for the dealer to fix. Then the rear end wouldn't stop whining--dealer botched the fix and I had to lemon the car out. I wasn't thrilled about it but wouldn't stick with the car after three problems in 1500 miles.

Ctsv makes a great daily driver. Basically a zl1 Camaro that has four doors, looks and rides much better. I bought the gtr as soon as I decided to sell the gt500 almost exactly a year ago and I haven't looked back. Been a great car so far. I almost felt I should have bought a boss mustang. The gt500 was literally undriveable here in Wisconsin by the time I received it last year in September. Could never even get traction even in second gear.

Ba_SVT

Established Member
Had nothing but bad luck with my gt500. Owned it for six months and had to replace the stock clutch at 150 miles in week one. Took four weeks for the dealer to fix. Then the rear end wouldn't stop whining--dealer botched the fix and I had to lemon the car out. I wasn't thrilled about it but wouldn't stick with the car after three problems in 1500 miles.

Ctsv makes a great daily driver. Basically a zl1 Camaro that has four doors, looks and rides much better. I bought the gtr as soon as I decided to sell the gt500 almost exactly a year ago and I haven't looked back. Been a great car so far. I almost felt I should have bought a boss mustang. The gt500 was literally undriveable here in Wisconsin by the time I received it last year in September. Could never even get traction even in second gear.

I think you got a really bad rap with your Gt 500 experience...I love mine so far, but I wouldn't be able to recover if I had the same things happen like that. Sounds like buying anything other than that lemon would have turned out better, but how would you know?
Performance on the GTR is as impressive as I keep hearing about?
Anyways, good wishes, and I envy the Cadillac...probably wont have a chance to pick one up.

OneSlowV

Established Member
When i bought my 2010 GT500 a few years back if i had the choice i would of choose the CTS-V over it if i could of got it for the same price. Drove one 6 months ago it was the A6. And loved how it handled and had plenty of power for a stock car and the interior was great.

Users who are viewing this thread