2013 Intercooler Install?

gr850

Established Member
i'm wondering with all the SC upgrades available has anyone installed the 2013 IC (M-6775-SVT) as well? A bit expensive but it would be nice to know if anyone has some data on before/after/install.

Tks

1320 Junkie

Established Member
i'm wondering with all the SC upgrades available has anyone installed the 2013 IC (M-6775-SVT) as well? A bit expensive but it would be nice to know if anyone has some data on before/after/install.

Tks

4" larger so it Def will drop IAT's....im thinking of doing one with my ported eaton setup.

gr850

Established Member
4" larger so it Def will drop IAT's....im thinking of doing one with my ported eaton setup.

No doubt. I'm really surprised more 2012< haven't put one on. Would really compliment that new TVS. Perhaps the availability was late coming.

Man I wish someone had some experience with it to share.......

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member

I believe he is talking about the actual intercooler, underneqth the blower. The 4" larger makes me think you are talking about the new heat exchanger (which I am sure is awesome (al be it expensive).

I imagine we won't see any good a/b comparisons with the intercooler core for some time as it is an expensive gamble.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I believe he is talking about the actual intercooler, underneqth the blower. The 4" larger makes me think you are talking about the new heat exchanger (which I am sure is awesome (al be it expensive).

I imagine we won't see any good a/b comparisons with the intercooler core for some time as it is an expensive gamble.

That's what I'm.talking about...not the heat exchanger....the 13's is physically 4" taller than prior years intercooler cores. I spoke with Rick Riccardi extensively about this as he is the main man for Downs Ford in NJ.

Last edited:

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
That's what I'm.talking about...not the heat exchanger....the 13's is physically 4" taller than prior years intercooler cores. I spoke with Rick Riccardi extensively about this as he is the main man for Downs Ford in NJ.

I don't see how that is possible from what I have seen in the pics. If they core were physically a different size, then the swap would require the new lower intake manifold as well, which it does not. The only way that would be possible would be if the pre-2013 piece not utilize all of the availble space in the manifold, which doesn't seem to the the case from the other pics I have seen either.

SRT8tech

2013 Super Bee
Established Member
The old IC and new 2013 IC is the identical size. Only differance is the core design. I also believe the flow is reversed in the new IC too.

Here is a pic of the 2 together......

StockICvs13ICtopside.jpg

Last edited:

gr850

Established Member
The old IC and new 2013 IC is the identical size. Only differance is the core design. I also believe the flow is reversed in the new IC too.

StockICvs13ICtopside.jpg

Nice pic. Which is the 13? Sure would be nice to have some #'s on it. i'm sure it's an improvement but what would be the return on investment.

I'm thinking at this point it's not worth the cost.

bossnova3

Established Member
Is this mod really worth $700 as far as efficiency? Would much rather do a rear mounted water tank for much less....

gr850

Established Member
Is this mod really worth $700 as far as efficiency? Would much rather do a rear mounted water tank for much less....

If I was seeking "cheap" HP I would agree. I put a 4 gallon tank in the bed of my 700++rwhp Lightning in line with the stock resevior along with two bosch pumps, however not a chance in hell I'm butchering up my Shelby like that;-)

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member

StockICvs13ICtopside.jpg

Isn't the claim like.......25% better air flow through the core itself? like less restrictive by 25%. If so, wouldn't that be of value all by itself, the air flows through it easier? I see the less fins per inch in the core comparisions which would allow the air to flow more freely.

There is also an upgrade pump that works with this. The best price I have found for the I/C is just under $800 including shipping, and $250 or so for the higher flow pump.

Does anyone have better price quotes than -$800 shipped for the 2013 I/C and approx. $250 for the higher flow pump?

R

Last edited:

Crushinator

Established Member
I've been up in the air about this mod for a while. One thing I have..or haven't noticed is any aftermarket intercoolers for sale. Maybe they're out there, but I haven't seen any. If you look at the power levels a lot of guys here are running, and as far as I know, they all have the stock intercooler, that makes me think the stock unit is sufficient for us.

But then again, if that were the case, why did Ford change it?

I'd be interested to hear Van or BJ's opinion on this...or anyone else who has an unglodly amount of power and has successfully ran the car over and over like BJ and Van without intercooler issues.

:pop:

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
It's not that the old one was inefficient, it's that this new one is simply a little better. Any improvement is a good thing, even if you didn't necessarily need it.

Users who are viewing this thread