2013 OEM HID into 10-13 Non-HID Harness

stang8psi

Established Member
To disable the marker lamp from being on, simply cut the black wire on the 7444 bulb socket side.

that's what I did also..

5823_610729185635027_1811887870_n.jpg

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I'd like to have my marker lights behind the leds stay off while the parking lights or headlights are on, anyone figure out how to do it yet. I have the switchbacks I got from tuxedoblack11 but when the parking lights or headlights are on, the marker lights are still on behind the led strips, I want the markers off unless they are flashing. I was thinking maybe one of the wires thay turns the marker bulb on could be disconnected..........

Yea I just posted that. I figured it out and did it on mine. Now they ONLY come on when they blink, otherwise they are ALWAYS off. I didn't cut anything though. Just bent the prong around to the other side on the plug.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
that's what I did also..
which exact wire did you cut? is it black with a colored stripe?

Yea I just posted that. I figured it out and did it on mine. Now they ONLY come on when they blink, otherwise they are ALWAYS off. I didn't cut anything though. Just bent the prong around to the other side on the plug.
please explain, Im not following here

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
which exact wire did you cut? is it black with a colored stripe?

please explain, Im not following here

scroll up to post #133

you bend one of the prongs around to the other side on the blinker harness. There are 4 prongs, 2 are folded down and 2 are folded up. Just keep bending each around to the other side until it works, I forgot off the top of my head. But I kept trying it until it works. Or just cut the wire I guess.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
^^I'll prolly just cut the wire man, easily reversible with some solder or a butt connector. I just need to verify 100% which wire it is before I go cutting lol

stang8psi

Established Member
I can't remember but I know you use the black on both sides..it was a color wire you will have to play with ..

scott_0

Established Member
I can't remember but I know you use the black on both sides..it was a color wire you will have to play with ..
yup, thanks!! it was the black wire as you and Joe stated, I used a multimeter to verify before cutting, and lmao I was nervous then too :D but all is well and it worked like a charm!!

Last edited:

SukOnDeez86

Established Member
So what would be the lead time If I order one of these harnesses? I was looking at the website and there a few folks that were complaining about the delivery time.
Can anyone chime in perhaps?
I have the headlights, just need the harness.

Thanks

scott_0

Established Member
I got my harness pretty quickly, Id say within 3-4 days of ordering the harness I had it. I suggest getting the led switchbacks ($150) if you want the led bars to shut off while the turn indicator is flashing, just like oem

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Let me make sure I'm following this.... Are you guys that are cutting the wire or bending the prong unable to run your LED's independent of your parking lights?.... Or are you saying that when your headlights are on, cutting/bending allows only the headlight and LED to run, therefore eliminating the parking light from coming on?....and only allowing the parking/turn signal light to come on during turn signal activation?

My car is in post #133. The pics were taken during various stages of the wiring and install. The last pic on the post shows "normal operation" parking lights off...headlights off...LED's on..... What am I missing here?

Last edited:

stang8psi

Established Member
yep by cutting one of the wires on the turn signals it allows you to have the lights on without having the parking lights on when the LED's are also on . And only having the signal light come on when the turn signal is activated

scott_0

Established Member
yep by cutting one of the wires on the turn signals it allows you to have the lights on without having the parking lights on when the LED's are also on . And only having the signal light come on when the turn signal is activated

this ^^^ without cutting the wire, my parking lights were on behind the led bars (which kind of kills the led bars imo) and it just looked bad. I cut the wire and the only time that light comes on now is when I turn the turn indicator on, and with the switchbacks in place the led bars shut off on w/e side signal is flashing. when the indicator shuts off, the led bars come back on. my led bars are on any time that the car is running, due to the fact that I ran the leds off the #39 fuse that is for the defrost

Last edited:

SukOnDeez86

Established Member
I got my harness pretty quickly, Id say within 3-4 days of ordering the harness I had it. I suggest getting the led switchbacks ($150) if you want the led bars to shut off while the turn indicator is flashing, just like oem

Sweet! Thanks! where can I buy those though? I looked at the website and didn't see them.

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
I'll be making these switchback modules available now on my site as soon as I get the solder pot I'll be using to assemble them with.

scott_0

Established Member
I have a disturbing safety issue to report, a little back ground, I made Joe aware that the harness I got from him had troubles with shorts and bad wiring in general, he shrugged it off as not really possible because he's no other past issues, so that automatically means I didnt get a clunker? a month ago, maybe two I discovered my high beams didnt work, I checked the hid retrofit harness to H13 plug and the high beams began working again, fast forward to Friday (April 4, 2014) I discover I have no headlights at all (hi and lo not working) started trouble shooting and checked the H13 harness plug first, when you moved it they would come on and go off, so to eliminate the factory H13 plug I plugged an old H13 halogen bulb in and it worked with no going on/off with movement, tells me its a short in the harness adapter plug, so I no choice but to chop off both the harness plug AND my factory harness plug!!!!!!! yes my 2011 with less than 15K miles now has a hacked up harness, because I had to hardwire solder the retrofit harness to my factory headlight harness so I could drive to work!! Joe seems like an honest up front guy, as I had an issue with headlights I bought from hin and he took care of the issue, but for me to have issue after issue with this harness I paid over $125 for is unacceptable and unsafe! whats scarier for me is my wife is getting this car when I buy a 15 or 16 Mustang, Im scared to death to send her out with this shitty harness I was sold. while Im 100% confident in my harness repair, what else could go wrong with this harness at a later time? anyone that buys these harnesses in the future make sure all the connections are 100% or you could hung out to dry with no headlights.

Last edited:

nosscort

Established Member
wow no good man! I am glad that I had factory HID and I could just re use all my factory pins and just had to move them to different spots on a 13 factory harness plug to get the 13 lights to work in my 11

scott_0

Established Member
wow no good man! I am glad that I had factory HID and I could just re use all my factory pins and just had to move them to different spots on a 13 factory harness plug to get the 13 lights to work in my 11

yeah man it's not a good feeling, love the light output and look of the 13-14 lights but what a headache it's been, this harness required numerous repairs before it was even usable when I first bought it, turn signal wouldn't work half the time do to bad wiring etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread