2013 Originally Sold in Puerto Rico

smokedbystang

Established Member
I am considering buying a 2013 that was originally sold in Puerto Rico. Any differences between the cars shipped there? I'm assuming no but want to make sure. It appears to have the Ford Motorsport quads or Borla axle backs. All else appears stock. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G991U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
1664108227099.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Is the car in the U.S. now? How long was it in Puerto Rico? I ask because if it was driven there routinely I would want to have the body checked closely for dings, etc. I guess, too, it depends on WHERE in Puerto Rico it was driven.

I'm not aware of any equipment differences on new cars sold in Puerto Rico. Cars purchased in Puerto Rico, in part due to high excise taxes, usually cost $3K-$5K more than here in the U.S. But it sounds like the car you're considering is already in the U.S. Nick (@13COBRA) might have some input.

Last edited:

smokedbystang

Established Member
Yes it is in Florida now. Was in PR for 8 years 2012-2020 according to Carfax.
Is the car in the U.S. now? How long was it in Puerto Rico? I ask because if it was driven there routinely I would want to have the body checked closely for dings, etc. I guess, too, it depends on WHERE in Puerto Rico it was driven.

I'm not aware of any equipment differences on new cars sold in Puerto Rico. Cars purchased in Puerto Rico, in part due to high excise taxes, usually cost $3K-$5K more than here in the U.S. But it sounds like the car you're considering is already in the U.S. Nick (@13COBRA) might have some input.

Last edited:

smokedbystang

Established Member
Was in San Juan. Thanks for the info. I'll check it over real good. Especially for any signs of water damage.

MG0h3

Established Member
PR got waffled by Irma and Maria, go above and beyond to check that car for water damage

Yep. And the likely hood of a claim there is reduced.

Go up under the dash and look for silt/water marks on top of any surface. Less leaky to have been cleaned in there.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'd pull the door sills and look under the carpet. Backside lip of the dash is a good spot to check as well, but kinda unlikely it would see water that high.

smokedbystang

Established Member
I'll go check it out. It's got a little less than 8k miles on it. Hopefully it was a high and dry garage queen. I've had a couple 13/14 GT500s, so I'll look it over really well.
Unless you’re getting the deal of a century I’d skip it. “Things” mostly get hidden on island cars unless you know the PO well.

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member

Users who are viewing this thread