2013 Shelby GT500 vs 2013 Roush stage3

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
It's one and two year depreciation is way higher than the gt500 as well.

Not to mention its VIN # is a GT, therefore, in some states, it's insured as a GT, and when and if it gets totaled. You get paid out on a GT. Some states allow an additional rider to be insured at stated value, but not every Roush purchaser does this.

The car just isn't worth more than a GT500 from new.

Also doesn't help that a BOSS302 whoops it's ass around a track too...

And if the owner does not do that then he stupid.

That topgear comparison of the Boss and RS3 was a joke at best. I am willing to bet many on this site have never drove anything from Roush. While the power is not there (relative) the handling certainly is.

I trust the folks at SVT: GT500 for sure.

And they trust the folks at Roush. Roush does quite a bit for SVT.

yea, this is absolutely no comparison at all. the GT500 absolutely destroys the RS3 everywhere except for subjective categories(looks, which i still think it loses by a mile).
as i've said before, the current mustang line up has straight up made these post-title cars 100% irrelevant. you can get an equal to or better performing mustang from ford, with a MUCH better warranty, MUCH better resale, with equivalent or better engine internals for a lower price.

LOL @ a post-title car holding value:lol1:

There will always be people who would rather have a Roush or Saleen over a factory Ford. "post-tile" cars will not be irrelevant. There are some people believe it or not that don't care about the highest HP numbers or mod potential.

SSThunder

Established Member
GT500 looks a lot better. Not a fan of the Roush hood or rear spoiler. It looks to be a 3 piece, so hope you don hit one of the end pieces when putting something in the trunk

chuckstang

Established Member
Roush makes great cars, but gt500 hands down. Youd be out of your mind to get that Roush over the 13 GT500. Also that new Roush looks horrible, well the front anyway. YUCK!

Id kill someone for a GT500, I would probably only pay for this new Roush and thats if money was no object!

lol, chris...better stay far away! ;)

chuckstang

Established Member
IMO Fords offerings now from the factory are so good and so affordable (relatively speaking) There is no longer a market or need for Saleen and Roush Mustangs. Saleen and Roush Mustangs are just overpriced and under perform compared to what Ford offers.

Id take a new Boss over anything Roush and Saleen builds off this new car, just because I know it will be at least 20k cheaper and look better, perform better, hold its value, etc

R1Lello

Established Member
some of you here are in dreamland.......a mass produced 'Shelby' or Roush holding value.

and some are actually smart (Ry Trapp0)

Gee Chuck^ how much did your 2007 'shelby' sell for ?? and to others.......you can buy mint garage queen 2007 ' Shelby's' for $30k and the Roush........no one even wants them up here when the better and faster car is a GT500 so they sit on showrooms. Check the market on this forum when guys selling almost new 2010 and '11's GT500's for low, low $40, I think one just sold a 2012 !! for low $40 too. Hold value??? haha LOL

You can fight back all you want and even cheapshot because I know the truth does hurt and it is the truth. Accept it, it's easier.

Last edited:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
Big fan of this years Roush, just not a fan of the non-functional hood scoop. I would like to see the 2010-2012 Power dome used in it's place. Over all, the front fascia is a big win.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
It's all relative.

A 2008 Shelby with 15k miles sells for $34k. It was $48k new

A 2008 roush stage 3 was what? $50k new? They barely do $20k now.

Fact is, the Shelby holds its value better.

Does it hold it's value well? I think it holds it's value fairly. compared to other comparable performance vehicles, including the z06, the m3, the CL63, it actually depreciates at a slower rate.

I don't know about you, but I'm not buying a NEW car expecting it to holds its value. But I do expect a factory performance vehicle to holds its value better than a non-factory perf vehicle.

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
[1] That topgear comparison of the Boss and RS3 was a joke at best. I am willing to bet many on this site have never drove anything from Roush. While the power is not there (relative) the handling certainly is.

[2]There will always be people who would rather have a Roush or Saleen over a factory Ford. "post-tile" cars will not be irrelevant. There are some people believe it or not that don't care about the highest HP numbers or mod potential.
[1] i take it you didn't watch that full episode of top gear? the 'comparison' part that people are bringing up isn't the open road race thingmajig, it was when the stig(unknown professional race car driver) took them each onto the test track. when they run cars on the test track, they run multiple laps to get the most out of the car then show the fastest one. when they ran them, the RS3 ran a 1:28.9 and the boss 302 ran a 1:28.2. that's a 7-tenths difference in a car with 96 less HP. that's about as good a comparison as your gonna get, same driver, same track, same day, same(or very similar) conditions. straight up, the boss is just plain better when there's corners involved.

[2] never said that people will stop buying them, but that the number of advantages that these cars had over factory offerings has shrunk and i would almost guarantee that the number of potential customers has as well. i bet the boss 302 stole a LOT of customers from roush, saleen/SMS, shelby, and every other post-title mod company.

i can find quite a few people on here that would disagree:lol1: but obviously they're full of shit:D

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
[1] i take it you didn't watch that full episode of top gear? the 'comparison' part that people are bringing up isn't the open road race thingmajig, it was when the stig(unknown professional race car driver) took them each onto the test track. when they run cars on the test track, they run multiple laps to get the most out of the car then show the fastest one. when they ran them, the RS3 ran a 1:28.9 and the boss 302 ran a 1:28.2. that's a 7-tenths difference in a car with 96 less HP. that's about as good a comparison as your gonna get, same driver, same track, same day, same(or very similar) conditions. straight up, the boss is just plain better when there's corners involved.

[2] never said that people will stop buying them, but that the number of advantages that these cars had over factory offerings has shrunk and i would almost guarantee that the number of potential customers has as well. i bet the boss 302 stole a LOT of customers from roush, saleen/SMS, shelby, and every other post-title mod company.

[1] Yes I watched the whole episode. I know the BOSS beat the RS3 around the track by less than 1 second. Sorry I don't really hold US TopGear on a pedestal when testing cars. Just a personal preference from what I have watched. I still have a hard time believing two same make and model cars set up for for the track with the only big difference being one has 96hp more then the other and still getting beat around the track. I would really love to see another track test.

I have never been in a Roush car that has never handled extremely well, which includes the RS3. I have drove a 11" BOSS and was very impressed. I'm not a professional driver nor was this on a track so take it for what its worth. Its JMO.

There are tons of skewed information about what Roush actually engineers for Mustangs and for Ford in general as well.

[2] I agree with your opinion on the advantage these cars have over Fords factory Mustangs. There slim to none IMO as well. However I don't think there buyers have shrunk much for post-title cars. Some people are hung up on rarity. (1 or xx or xxx) Some people don't care about modding or want the car already "modded".

If I was a buyer for either car, I would take the BOSS hands down. The Roush car does not appeal to me to actually purchase it.

ReapeR948

FOXDIE
Established Member
Roush hood and front fascia are awful. wheels awful. car awful. Saying the name RAH-OOOSH, is also awful.

peteypab2133

Established Member
some of you here are in dreamland.......a mass produced 'Shelby' or Roush holding value.

Gee Chuck^ how much did your 2007 'shelby' sell for ?? and to others.......you can buy mint garage queen 2007 ' Shelby's' for $30k and the Roush........no one even wants them up here when the better and faster car is a GT500 so they sit on showrooms. Check the market on this forum when guys selling almost new 2010 and '11's GT500's for low, low $40, I think one just sold a 2012 !! for low $40 too. Hold value??? haha LOL

You can fight back all you want and even cheapshot because I know the truth does hurt and it is the truth. Accept it, it's easier.

And you picked the poster child car for diminishing values. Lets not get our panties in a bunch here but vehicles in general are a depreciating asset.

The new GT500 should do decent... CS has passed on, the car is at its peak for HP and the car will most likely out handle any M car bmw makes now.

But let me ask you this, do you think the corvette holds a good value? I see 2006/2007 Z06's going for $40,000 range with low miles on them. Some a little newer for only a little more. That is a tough pill to swallow for an $80,000 car.

What about the Zr1 as well... I see them in the $80,000's now. I remember when they had $30,000 ADM's on them too. The poor sucker who paid $150,000 for it only to get $80,000 3 years later when they bought a new one.

The argument shouldn't be which one will be worth more, it should be which one will be worth LESS faster.

Users who are viewing this thread