23-2013-roush-stage-3-mustang.jpg

32-2013-roush-stage-3-mustang.jpg

29-2013-roush-stage-3-mustang.jpg

27-2013-roush-stage-3-mustang.jpg

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
What are you getting at?

Roush car is more expensive, uglier, has less power, and depreciates faster.

Shhhh

Established Member
Roush looks good but Im not a fan of that hood at all. Hats off to the Shelby.

04svtsnke

Established Member
With both of these guys....roush looks nice(sans ricer hood) but to even compare it to the Shelby is a joke.....

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
I actually chuckled when I saw that Roushes hood...LOL!!! 2013 Shelby all day, everyday. If you want it to handle like a Roush... guess what:

It's called a parts catalog where you can buy the springs, control arms, shocks, and swaybars... all for $1500 or less. Instead of paying out the arse for the same thing on a lesser car.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
both names don't hold value, the Roush is an even faster decline

Actually they will both hold value... the problem is people think that they can get Barrett Jackson prices in less than 10 to 15 years for them. No that takes 20, 30, sometimes 40 years to gather a true value on any collector car.

The 10 to 15/20 year mark is the buying time for highschool or new college graduates to buy them/break/wreck them. :rolling:

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Both are nice, but I would take the GT500. The rear on the Roush is not bad though. Only problem with the roush is the over price pieces you are paying for, and its still a 5.0 engine with a SC on it correct ?

So your paying for a body kit, suspension kit, and a SC. Oh and some rims. Nope I'll take the GT500.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
What are you getting at?

Roush car is more expensive, uglier, has less power, and depreciates faster.

Totally agree, you REALLY have to like the Roush styling to purchase one. Their performance adders are nothing special, let alone the markup for each design/performance upgrade.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I like the rear spoiler/valance on the Roush better actually.

Maybe it's the red contrast on the black that stands out.

99BOSS

Established Member
It'll be interesting to see what Saleen does to get back in this game since Steve is now back at Saleen and has 4 new models in the pipeline. There is a 351X too which will more than likely go head to head with the Shelby. Time will tell though.

04svtsnke

Established Member
It'll be interesting to see what Saleen does to get back in this game since Steve is now back at Saleen and has 4 new models in the pipeline. There is a 351X too which will more than likely go head to head with the Shelby. Time will tell though.

It would be pretty awesome to see a newer versions of the s351(351x?) I'd have to say at least 700, maybe even 750. The s302's made 6 something right? I hope they go to a more aggressive styling, the s197 styling is rather bland....

Colleton

Established Member
I think the Roush looks pretty nice, except for the nonfunctional hood scoop.

I was talking to the sales manager at my local dealership yesterday. They sell quite a few RS3s and he surprised me when he said that the GT500 actually sells the Roush cars for him. He said people always start out wanting the GT500, until the cold hard facts of financing and payments are brought to bear - then the Roush comes into play as it's actually a GT with the same incentives and deals that apply to all GTs. Even though the Roush stickers for more, the monthly payments are lower on the RS3, which is important to most people.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
the gt500 will be worth more in 5 years and 20...

It's one and two year depreciation is way higher than the gt500 as well.

Not to mention its VIN # is a GT, therefore, in some states, it's insured as a GT, and when and if it gets totaled. You get paid out on a GT. Some states allow an additional rider to be insured at stated value, but not every Roush purchaser does this.

The car just isn't worth more than a GT500 from new.

Also doesn't help that a BOSS302 whoops it's ass around a track too...

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
yea, this is absolutely no comparison at all. the GT500 absolutely destroys the RS3 everywhere except for subjective categories(looks, which i still think it loses by a mile).
as i've said before, the current mustang line up has straight up made these post-title cars 100% irrelevant. you can get an equal to or better performing mustang from ford, with a MUCH better warranty, MUCH better resale, with equivalent or better engine internals for a lower price.

Actually they will both hold value...
LOL @ a post-title car holding value:lol1:

Users who are viewing this thread