2013 WILL have a 5.8..........???

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
Yes, that has been the "gossip" for a long time. The 5.4L grows to 5.8l and it will have a TVS blower. If it has H-beams in it I am upgrading for sure :) That is probably wishful thinking on my part though.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
If it comes with a TVS, the takeoff deals will be nice when 2013 owners go to bigger blowers. :burnout:

pony23

Established Member
Winning.

images

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
In other news, Ford sticks with a 285 out back but will introduce their super super traction control system.

(Vomits)BARF.(/Vomits)

Yellow Horse

Established Member
I don't understand why it means so much to people about what a car runs on stock tires. With both on slicks a 2011/2012 will give the ZL1 all it can handle.

The 2013?

Butt gouging time, Deliverance style.

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
I'll believe it when I see it from ford...
The UAW contract (off the UAW site) basically says Ford is going to create 5750 jobs and re-tool/upgrade their plants.

From Mustang Daily
Now Ford’s new agreement with the UAW shows that the initial report of a 5.8-liter supercharged V8 was indeed correct. The contract states that the Romeo Engine Assembly Plant will receive a $50 million investment and start production of a 5.8-liter supercharged V8 when the 2013 Shelby GT500 goes into production next year. The plant will also continue the production of the 6.2-liter V8 found in the Ford F-150.

It doesn't say anywhere on the site UAW News | UAW about 50 million going to this plant.
So unless mustang daily knows more about the contract than UAW is posting on their site...

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a 5.8 and a TVS... mostly because then I could get a cheap upgrade on my 5.4!
But again, I wont believe it till i see it... from Ford.

And lets be honest, ford could spend even LESS money by making the pulley just a little bit smaller on the small eaton, and it would be just as reliable and smoke a ZL1

Synyster06Gates

SVT Poster
Established Member
Check this PDF.

http://cdn.mustangevolution.com/forum/images/uploads/2011/10/FORD-Hourly-FINAL-10-4.pdf

Page 3,

Romeo Engine Plant

"Truck leadership is requiring the continuation of the 6.2L V8, a key engine
in Ford’struck lineup. The 5.4L Supercharged engine gets upgraded to
a 5.8L. The machining of 5.0L blocks continues and 5.0L connecting rod
machining is introduced. The 4.6L balances out after a very successful life
cycle. Total investment is $50M"

Also interesting... a new V6?

"The popular Duratec 3.5/3.7L V6 continues and a new industry leading
small V6 will be added to the plant at an investment of $400M."

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Check this PDF.

http://cdn.mustangevolution.com/forum/images/uploads/2011/10/FORD-Hourly-FINAL-10-4.pdf

Page 3,

Romeo Engine Plant

"Truck leadership is requiring the continuation of the 6.2L V8, a key engine
in Ford’struck lineup. The 5.4L Supercharged engine gets upgraded to
a 5.8L. The machining of 5.0L blocks continues and 5.0L connecting rod
machining is introduced. The 4.6L balances out after a very successful life
cycle. Total investment is $50M"

Also interesting... a new V6?

"The popular Duratec 3.5/3.7L V6 continues and a new industry leading
small V6 will be added to the plant at an investment of $400M."

Oh the proof is here. Thanks for the post of the pdf.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
^This....and exactly what I am waiting for. The deals are going to be sweet for us ported Eaton guys who want the upgrade.

It is already cheap....
As long as the TVS is selling from ford Racing for ~2700, then even take off TVS will bring 2k. I can't see the 2013 crowd just giving them away.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
It is already cheap....
As long as the TVS is selling from ford Racing for ~2700, then even take off TVS will bring 2k. I can't see the 2013 crowd just giving them away.

The M122 was much more expensive at first because they were far and few between. When more people began to upgrade, the price dropped like a rock. This is how technology and improvements control the market prices of goods.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Nice! I love the horsepower powers. Wonder if the Challenger has future plans too. Nevertheless, I won't be able to afford this new 2013 anyway. I'm scared to think what they'll be stickered at.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
The M122 was much more expensive at first because they were far and few between. When more people began to upgrade, the price dropped like a rock. This is how technology and improvements control the market prices of goods.

I know this. However, there will still be lots of people waiting for 2013 owners to swap blowers, when in fact there will probably be a far greater less percentage of people doing it, as the TVS is a good fit for a lot of people. I mean, if you can do an upper an lower pulley, vs buying a KB or whipple kit for ~700whp, that will be enough for most ;)

Users who are viewing this thread