2014 Final Production Numbers - arrived in the mail today

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So, more than the 20th Anniversary 2013 but last of the big-block GT500s? ;-)
I was looking at the '66 GT350H in the garage and wonder if I can add gold stripes on a black GT350 for a 50th anniversary package?
OK, no more beer.
-J

USV8PWR

Established Member
So the total number of 14 gt500's is the 5730 right? How many 13's are there.

Ok...only because you asked. There were 4,885 2013 GT500's produced for a grand total of 10,615 2013/2014 5.8L Shelby GT500's built. How significant is this? Well during 2003/2004, Ford built 19,140 of the Terminator Cobras. Doing the math, Ford built 8,525 LESS 2013/2014 cars than they did of the 2003/2004 Cobra. And unlike the 2003/2004 Cobra this car will either A) be the most powerful Mustang ever built and/or B) be the lightest HP/LB Mustang ever built. ;)

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Thanks OP, for posting.
This spreadsheet, like the one for the 2011 MY, will only allow you to break " your " car out to a certain point.
( too many variables )........................But it did get me to " 1 of 21 ", based on the seat / stripe combo.
With only ( 2 ) options, it could turn out to be less than that, but may have to wait 10 years to find out !!!
Found it interesting that 92.1 % of the SGM coupes selected ( 67 F ), the SVT Performance Package.

freakshow12

Established Member
So, I know by that that I am 1 of 7 ingot coupes for canada but does anyone know how many ingot/ black cars were built with the ONLY options being svtpp, glass roof and car cover? Madlock messages me during production and said at that point mine was the only one. Would like a follow up on that

Joraft

Established Member
... well a little research and it appears it went for 500,000.00 at Barret Jackson and Parnelli Jones bought it and had it built his way.

It was also the very last GT500 off the assembly line for the 14 model year.

While Parnelli Jones was involved, he was not actually the buyer. I also read somewhere that the car was built earlier, and rolled last off the assembly line as part of the celebration.

A news article from August 15, 2013:

The last 2014 model year Ford Shelby GT500 convertible netted $500,000 to benefit the Brain Injury Association of America last weekend at Barrett-Jackson’s Hot August Nights Auction. Ford donated the proceeds from the sale of the milestone car on behalf of one of BIAA’s biggest advocates, Page Jones, son of racing legend Parnelli Jones.

Page suffered severe permanent brain injuries in a crash while competing in a USAC sprint car race on September 24, 1994, in Rossburg, Ohio. He clung to life for three days after the accident and slowly came out of a coma, but was unable to walk or communicate. After years of therapy and an amazing drive to live a normal life again, Jones is able to speak clearly, walk, drive a car and work. Today he is married with a family of his own.

“It’s my 80th birthday, and I can’t imagine a better present,” said Parnelli Jones. “We worked hard to help Page recover from his injury, but we couldn’t have done it alone. We received help from the BIAA, and this funding will aid so many others who have suffered from similar injuries.”

The winning bidder at Barrett-Jackson’s Reno sale, Don Damon of Great Bend, Kansas, will be able to select any color combination available from Ford for his new convertible, and Parnelli Jones will sign the Shelby in appreciation for the BIAA donation. The car is scheduled to be delivered to Damon by year’s end. “We at the BIAA are overcome with gratitude,” said Susan H. Connors, president and CEO of the BIAA. “This Ford Shelby GT500 sale provides vital funding for research, treatment and education to help the 3.5 million Americans who suffer from traumatic brain injuries. It’s been a pleasure to collaborate with Ford, Barrett-Jackson, Parnelli and Page.” The Shelby topped the list of high sales at Barrett-Jackson’s inaugural Hot August Nights Auction at the Reno-Sparks Convention Center.

A little background on the buyer:

09/03/2011 GREAT BEND, KANSAS — What car lover hasn't nurtured the dream of winning a huge lottery payout and then going a little bit nuts buying collector cars at some of the big-name auto auctions?

Well, Don Damon of Great Bend has been living that dream.

Since he won a $96.6 million Powerball jackpot back in the fall of 2009, the former truck driver has been a regular at the Barrett-Jackson televised car auctions. He has averaged buying just under 20 cars at each of several auctions he has attended since his first at Barrett-Jackson's Scottsdale, Ariz., 2010 sale.

"I'd always loved cars and all of a sudden I had the means to do something about it," said Damon, who is in his early 70s. To accommodate his ever-growing collection, Damon bought a former GM dealership in downtown Great Bend and opened his own used collector car lot, D&B Motors, LLC.

The showroom floor is packed with three big-bodied GM beauties: an immaculately restored 1958 Chevy Impala convertible, a stunning black '58 Impala hardtop with a 454 cubic inch V-8 engine under the hood, and a sleek, dark purple, pinstriped, chopped-top 1958 Pontiac Star Chief custom.

Users who are viewing this thread