2014 GT O2 sensor help

utlong31

Established Member
I could use a little help or guidance with a problem my son’s car keeps having with the 02 sensors. For some reason the upstream sensors go bad pretty regular and occasionally the down stream will. Car is a 2014 GT with ARH and Comp Magnaflow exhaust. Would it help to relocate the upstream bung? They are currently angled inward and down. I’ve noticed that when he drives it in wet conditions or takes it through the car wash it usually goes out soon after but I’m not 100% sure this causes it because its also gone out without any wet conditions.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

utlong31

Established Member
Well I took the car to the Ford dealership and they said all the wiring looked good and it was giving a hard fault in the heater circuit for O2 sensor and thought it was tune related. Car has a Lund tune and they checked it out before and didn’t see an issue. I replaced the drivers side down stream last week and now the passenger side down stream is out. Still chasing this gremlin. Can the rear 02 sensors be tuned out?

PC03GT

Established Member
Well I took the car to the Ford dealership and they said all the wiring looked good and it was giving a hard fault in the heater circuit for O2 sensor and thought it was tune related. Car has a Lund tune and they checked it out before and didn’t see an issue. I replaced the drivers side down stream last week and now the passenger side down stream is out. Still chasing this gremlin. Can the rear 02 sensors be tuned out?

Always replace both sides

utlong31

Established Member
I know arh has a weird placement on our cars that catches fuel and condensation then faults them, but usually that's with e85. I would get it over to a shop and talk to lund to see if they have any insight

They are ARH. I will see if Lund can help me out. They weren’t much help last time. Thanks for the reply.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if you suspect wiring I'd see if you can heat wrap/heat shrink it just to see water intrusion might be contributing. Maybe its getting damp and but not soaked and it still screws it up a few days later when its dry.

In the rear, if they'll clear, Id be tempted to try some non-foulers. You may have to use 2 per side and drill one out to be long enough. I would NOT use the little gaskets they come with - it made mine thread together unevenly and they didnt seal. There's also some more expensive ones made just for this and they're almost like little cats.

nyuk98GT

Established Member
utlong31,

Sorry to hear about the O2 sensor troubles. Without cats, the rear sensors will not see a temperature rise and will 'think' the cat is faulty. The Lund tune should have the rears off but that is my guess, not fact.

The bungs should be located between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock when looking down the pipe. This keeps the sensors from harm by water vapor condensing as the header pipe cools and any solids (should be none but...) that might be sitting on the floor of the pipe.

The advice in earlier replies to weatherproof the connection points is really good and eliminates one path to problems.

HTH,

Chris

utlong31

Established Member
utlong31,

Sorry to hear about the O2 sensor troubles. Without cats, the rear sensors will not see a temperature rise and will 'think' the cat is faulty. The Lund tune should have the rears off but that is my guess, not fact.

The bungs should be located between 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock when looking down the pipe. This keeps the sensors from harm by water vapor condensing as the header pipe cools and any solids (should be none but...) that might be sitting on the floor of the pipe.

The advice in earlier replies to weatherproof the connection points is really good and eliminates one path to problems.

HTH,

Chris

I did get a response from Lund and this is my plan. Move it up a little.
Image1711666883.953086.jpg
Image1711666896.136663.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread