2014 GT500 vs. 2004 EVO

stutter

eat me
Established Member
So I was rolling down a stretch of highway about noon time. Had it at about 80mph on cruise control when I saw a white Evo coming up on me fast. Saw the big intercooler in his grill but I was thinking he wasnt even worth my time. Well he slows down and wants a race, so I laugh and agree just for shits and giggles. Well we both go into 3rd at 60mph and he honks it off. As I expected I immediately pulled forward but to my suprise I was only inching away from him till about 110mph then I just pulled buses on him. Did it about three times and result were very good. Much respect to him, he was polite and took a few pics of my car and asked if it was stock, he was almost shocked when I said yes. Anyways, he had like 10K in upgrades with a two step turbo. Good run, guy was polite. Love races that end well!!:beer:

kaz109

Established Member
Its a good kill and I don't mean to take anything away from you but you saying two step turbo raises some questions at the the credibility of the evo owner. 10k into a evo should have zero problems with a stock GT500

jason6488

Established Member
now wait minute guys, ive heard of some turbos doing the cha cha, maybe this one two steps... did it have big cowboy boots and a belt buckle the size of Rhode Island?

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Evo with $10k in upgrades and loses to a stock 2014 GT500? Something is wrong with the Evo. Good kill regardless.

HandBanana

Established Member
Depends on what the 10k was spent on. But a 35R/6262/etc with the right boost level would easily walk away from a stock 13-14. It could be a classic example of "yeah, I'm having some issues with my tune..."

Wildman113

Established Member
Its a good kill and I don't mean to take anything away from you but you saying two step turbo raises some questions at the the credibility of the evo owner. 10k into a evo should have zero problems with a stock GT500

Nobody cares about your worthless opinion and theoretical nonsense.

The $10K in the Evo doesn't mean anything, its a Mitshibishi, the $10K probably just covered his most recent repair bills. Even with upgrades you'd be hard pressed to "have zero problems" with a 662HP GT500, especially from a highway roll, where it dominates.

wildman97

Established Member
2 step turbo? Do tell more

"What many stand alone fuel management systems do now is a turbo spool feature that actually retards the spark a whole bunch and then sort of floods the motor with fuel, well makes it really rich, so the fuel burns in the exhaust causing the turbine to see more heat and energy and to spool up. This is why some cars with turbos backfire so much on the starting line. They are trying to spool the turbo with extra fuel and delayed spark. So this is a type of two step as it does have a spark cutout to keep the motor from over revving, while still spooling the turbo."

I don't know how the hell this would work in a roll race??? But who knows??

kaz109

Established Member
"What many stand alone fuel management systems do now is a turbo spool feature that actually retards the spark a whole bunch and then sort of floods the motor with fuel, well makes it really rich, so the fuel burns in the exhaust causing the turbine to see more heat and energy and to spool up. This is why some cars with turbos backfire so much on the starting line. They are trying to spool the turbo with extra fuel and delayed spark. So this is a type of two step as it does have a spark cutout to keep the motor from over revving, while still spooling the turbo."

I don't know how the hell this would work in a roll race??? But who knows??

Lol, OK I guess you didn't catch the sarcasm. I know what a 2 step is and what it does (I have it on my car) I was asking about a 2 step turbo . That is a term oh an uneducated guy trying to talk like he knows what he is talking about. And to your last part, no it does not work with roll racing

kaz109

Established Member
Nobody cares about your worthless opinion and theoretical nonsense.

The $10K in the Evo doesn't mean anything, its a Mitshibishi, the $10K probably just covered his most recent repair bills. Even with upgrades you'd be hard pressed to "have zero problems" with a 662HP GT500, especially from a highway roll, where it dominates.

Ahahahaha, you continue to be the running joke of svtp, I can't honestly believe you are this ignorant .

turd burglar

Established Member
Where can I find an evo that's not clapped out for 15k! Two step turbo eh, maybe he meant a vgt turbo setup on there?

kaz109

Established Member
An evo is will be beat to shit if sold for 15k, they are about the same price range as terminators. Mid 20's down to high teens for a decent one.

Users who are viewing this thread