2014 GT500 vs. 2004 EVO

HandBanana

Established Member
Nobody cares about your worthless opinion and theoretical nonsense.

The $10K in the Evo doesn't mean anything, its a Mitshibishi, the $10K probably just covered his most recent repair bills. Even with upgrades you'd be hard pressed to "have zero problems" with a 662HP GT500, especially from a highway roll, where it dominates.

You live too close to AMS in Chicago to be this dumb. :lol:

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
An evo is will be beat to shit if sold for 15k, they are about the same price range as terminators. Mid 20's down to high teens for a decent one.

This...is the ONLY thing you have said in this thread that makes sense of any kind.

Just a quick and shorthand explanation of a two-step turbo: one small turbo which then gives way to the larger turbo up top. In other words, it eliminates turbo lag quite effectively. The Germans have been doing this for years. If you don't at least know that much about it, please don't try to explain how right you are about other things involving cars and engines.

$10k in mods to an Evo will get you a lot if you know what you are doing. You can create a monster out of those cars. However, most people who have them don't know what they are doing and are running on a homemade tune because they believe they know the car better than any professional tuner, which I would guess you think about yourself and your car as well.

Anyway, I had to post up a quick explanation because it hurt my head reading your posts.

HandBanana

Established Member
This...is the ONLY thing you have said in this thread that makes sense of any kind.

Just a quick and shorthand explanation of a two-step turbo: one small turbo which then gives way to the larger turbo up top. In other words, it eliminates turbo lag quite effectively. The Germans have been doing this for years. If you don't at least know that much about it, please don't try to explain how right you are about other things involving cars and engines.

$10k in mods to an Evo will get you a lot if you know what you are doing. You can create a monster out of those cars. However, most people who have them don't know what they are doing and are running on a homemade tune because they believe they know the car better than any professional tuner, which I would guess you think about yourself and your car as well.

Anyway, I had to post up a quick explanation because it hurt my head reading your posts.

:rollseyes

You are referring to a sequential set-up. Evos are SINGLE turbo cars, not twin. There is no point in installing a sequential turbo system in an Evo and I highly doubt anyone has done this. So I'd have to side with Kaz and say you don't know WTF you're talking about.

The OP probably just heard the Evo owner say something about his two step and blended that with the word "turbo".

Most people? NO.

Sick03Vert

Banned
:rollseyes

You are referring to a sequential set-up. Evos are SINGLE turbo cars, not twin. There is no point in installing a sequential turbo system in an Evo and I highly doubt anyone has done this. So I'd have to side with Kaz and say you don't know WTF you're talking about.

The OP probably just heard the Evo owner say something about his two step and blended that with the word "turbo".

Most people? NO.

So....you wouldn't try and eliminate turbo lag in your AWD car? And you don't think this is a common modification to eliminate the single biggest issue with big turbo cars? :rollseyes

Sorry...forgot where I was. This isn't the technical forum, and for obvious reasons.

Carry on you two. :nonono:

RussianStang

Established Member
Nice kill OP!!
now for the rest of the bickering im going to do what im good at and that is to just stay back and read :pop:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Nonetheless, it was a good kill. Apparently from the comments, my car doesn't rate to beat this car. Well, damn....... lol.

The reason you didn't pull away faster is because you were the wrong gear, at 60 you should be in 2nd, not 3rd.

and don't worry, people around hate GT500's for some reason.

fr03cobra

Established Member
My friend has a 2003 evo that did 747 hp on the dyno, did 8.9 in the quarter mile. 45LBS of boost.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
I will throw brake boosting into the mix...That may have helped lessen the initial lag but after 110mph GT500 took over.

Also, newer turbos are supposed to spool faster than some older similarly sized turbos...or so I have read..

Sick03Vert

Banned
I will throw brake boosting into the mix...That may have helped lessen the initial lag but after 110mph GT500 took over.

This is a good possibility. I would imagine the EVO would brakeboost in a race like this for sure.

Also, newer turbos are supposed to spool faster than some older similarly sized turbos...or so I have read..

You have read correctly here as well. :beer:

For the ultimate in eliminating turbo lag, though, there's the anti-lag kits. But, of course, you're gonna have to pay if you want to have a good setup. Not really cost-worthy on a street car. Now for the track...dream come true.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
wow so proud of you for beating a 2.0L 4 cylinder car !! Also a $60k car beating a $15k 4 door sedan !! Nice job OP !!

Yea because no EVO has ever gone 10's 9's or 8's. Clown

Most people? NO.

^ This

kaz109

Established Member

Hahahahaha, and you said my post didn't make sense of any kind :bash:.....you clearly don't have a clue about modding evos with a post like this. Do some research before you call me out for my post lol....can't believe u are trying to say evos have run a sequential setup hahahahahahahahahahaha.

kaz109

Established Member
So....you wouldn't try and eliminate turbo lag in your AWD car? And you don't think this is a common modification to eliminate the single biggest issue with big turbo cars? :rollseyes

Sorry...forgot where I was. This isn't the technical forum, and for obvious reasons.

Carry on you two. :nonono:

Post up which German car has a sequential setup on a 4 cylinder car. It is evident from your post you have zero experience in the 4cyl world yet you wanna call me out. Also if it is so common post up an evo with this sequential setup. Also if this so so common why do most TT supra owner convert to single turbo and not this " very common" sequential setup?

You ignorant on this topic and you have proved it with every post. Also most street evos have anti lag kits( 2 step setup and BBG) so your comment about only not in a street evo race car only, yes that follows suit with your other comments in this thread as well...naïve and uninformed

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
^ :lol:
Keep up the good work kaz! :beer:
Thomas should put in his knowledge too, that guy knows 4g63 engines pretty well.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Lol @Sick03Vert comments about TT evos and anti lag set ups on street cars. Clearly has no clue what he's talking about lol

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
:banana::banana::banana:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

the lols keep coming....kaz dont hurt him too bad :beer:

kaz109

Established Member
Lol @Sick03Vert comments about TT evos and anti lag set ups on street cars. Clearly has no clue what he's talking about lol

Comedy right? And then he trys to correct other ppl who actually know a thing or two on the subject

Users who are viewing this thread