2014 GT500 vs. 2004 EVO

Sick03Vert

Banned
Lol @Sick03Vert comments about TT evos and anti lag set ups on street cars. Clearly has no clue what he's talking about lol

Did you miss the part where I said it isn't really applicable to street cars? :read:

I figured this stuff was common knowledge. Guess I gave some here too much credit. My fault.

Sick03Vert

Banned
Post up which German car has a sequential setup on a 4 cylinder car.

Put up where I said German 4 cylinder car? :read:

It is evident from your post you have zero experience in the 4cyl world yet you wanna call me out.

Good God the ricer is strong with you. If I called you out, we'd be scheduling a race or something. Pointing out that you don't know what you are talking about is a totally different deal.

Also if it is so common post up an evo with this sequential setup. Also if this so so common why do most TT supra owner convert to single turbo and not this " very common" sequential setup?

Yeah....TT Supra guys convert to a big single turbo for one reason: Dyno and HP bragging rights. On the street, I'd like to see you get traction in a 1500 horsepower car. :rollseyes Don't use the world's biggest dyno queen, the Supra, as an example of anything. Ever.

You ignorant on this topic and you have proved it with every post.

Yes, you are. And yes...you have.

Also most street evos have anti lag kits( 2 step setup and BBG) so your comment about only not in a street evo race car only, yes that follows suit with your other comments in this thread as well...naïve and uninformed

Again..where did I say MOST Evos have that setup? :read:

As usual, you attempt to come off as some all-knowing genius and proceed to plant your foot firmly in your mouth.

^ :lol:
Keep up the good work kaz! :beer:
Thomas should put in his knowledge too, that guy knows 4g63 engines pretty well.

Hello again Cheerleader Number 2. :rollseyes

I am sorry to have dropped this Earth-shattering information (which has been known for years) on you guys. I guess it does prove that the 5.0 is a first car for a lot of you guys who are now, suddenly, all ASE Certified Master mechanics. :lol1:

I'm done in here before I wind up with more infractions for dishing out that oh-so-painful truth.

kaz109

Established Member
Did you miss the part where I said it isn't really applicable to street cars? :read:

I figured this stuff was common knowledge. Guess I gave some here too much credit. My fault.

A lot of thinks are common knowledge that from your post in this thread you are clearly unaware of....just stop listing on this topic man. You are only making it worse

Sick03Vert

Banned
A lot of thinks are common knowledge that from your post in this thread you are clearly unaware of....just stop listing on this topic man. You are only making it worse

Like I said, I got Serpent hanging from one nut and Z250H hanging from the other.

I can't grow a third for you. Sorry.

turd burglar

Established Member
I have seen ONE compound turbo evo, still running the 4g63, but it was a tube chassis race car. Companies don't do compound 4 cylinders, and very few aftermarket companies make twin kits for 4 bangers cuz there's no benefit in doing so.

kaz109

Established Member
Like I said, I got Serpent hanging from one nut and Z250H hanging from the other.

I can't grow a third for you. Sorry.

It would be in your best interest not to post in this thread or on this topic again . I am not the only one that can see the level of ignorance you display and the more u post the more ppl will come in and see as well. Let's just keep your ignorance between the few hundred that have already been in here.:beer:

SN8KBYT_1

Established Member
Nice race. It sounds like the Evo had some work done regardless of the turbo setup. I would be pumped if I kept up with a 13-14 GT500 as an Evo owner. The 13-14 500s are nasty stock and will be my next Cobra (one of these days)
It is amazing how SVTP members beat the shit out of each other on here every post... it gets old....and its the same people everytime....

Last edited:

Sick03Vert

Banned
It would be in your best interest not to post in this thread or on this topic again . I am not the only one that can see the level of ignorance you display and the more u post the more ppl will come in and see as well. Let's just keep your ignorance between the few hundred that have already been in here.:beer:

:lol:

Yeah ok. :lol1:

Sick03Vert

Banned
Nice race. It sounds like the Evo had some work done regardless of the turbo setup. I would be pumped if I kept up with a 13-14 GT500 as an Evo owner. The 13-14 500s are nasty stock and will be my next Cobra (one of these days)
It is amazing how SVTP members beat the shit out of each other on here every post... it gets old....and its the same people everytime....

Sadly, this is true.

I can set my watch by exactly who will be showing up after I post something to try and stir the pot.

Fortunately, it's only a handful of easily-ignored idiots. :beer:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
two-step?

Maybe he meant a "twin scroll" in which case, that explains that.

"two-step" was the old term for being able to set a RPM limit while the clutch was engaged so you could floor it at a light, hit the rev limiter at say 4500rpm, build up 10ish psi, and then dump the clutch and the ECU would then drop the rev-limit once it sees the clutch is disengaged (or at a given mph, say 2-3mph) and you could use it to do some pretty awesome AWD launches. Which, aside from maybe building some boost before the hit on a roll race, really serves no other purpose.

I setup two-step on my Cobra for shits and giggles. 2500rpm WOT launches. Sounded absolutely ridiculous and then I learned that it cuts RPM via fuel cut, so I stopped that feature pretty quick.

Theres also things like "NLTS" or "no-lift-to-shift" which works in the same way, but would help by letting you stay flat-footed during a shift to keep from having to lift and lose boost and re-spool every upshift.

Nobody cares about your worthless opinion and theoretical nonsense.

The $10K in the Evo doesn't mean anything, its a Mitshibishi, the $10K probably just covered his most recent repair bills. Even with upgrades you'd be hard pressed to "have zero problems" with a 662HP GT500, especially from a highway roll, where it dominates.

I literally lol'd when I read this insanely narrow-minded response.

Then I saw it was Wildman. 'nuff said.

Although I will agree, its going to take quite the coin to match fisticuffs with a 13/14 '500. Talking minimum some engine work, large frame turbo, e85. It can be done, and done for less than $10k but not much, and it would need to be done by an excellent knowledgeable modder, not some n00b entry level bolton Evo owner.

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

That's why I was laughing lol. Why is anti lag not really applicable on street cars? I had it on my DD Evo

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
My friend has a 2003 evo that did 747 hp on the dyno, did 8.9 in the quarter mile. 45LBS of boost.

This a joke right... those numbers sound all flawed... lol :rollseyes:??::shrug: 45lbs of boost to make only 700awhp? and it ran 8's with only 700hp I highly doubt that @ 45lbs and running 8's a car should be making around 1000+hp to run 8's and @ that boost 4 cylinder or not? :nono::poke::bash::eek:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Seriously guys? I read OPs post and I could tell right off the bat what he MEANT by two step turbo. Obviously the OP is not up on aftermarket mod lingo... but I will clarify....

The EVO owner told OP he has a TWO STEP on the car... and probably another turbo. You know..... THIS kind of two step:

[youtube_browser]u3V5yTYpftE[/youtube_browser]

turd burglar

Established Member
This a joke right... those numbers sound all flawed... lol :rollseyes:??::shrug: 45lbs of boost to make only 700awhp? and it ran 8's with only 700hp I highly doubt that @ 45lbs and running 8's a car should be making around 1000+hp to run 8's and @ that boost 4 cylinder or not? :nono::poke::bash::eek:

Depends greatly on turbo size and efficiency. 45psi isn't a flat number for every turbo to make the same power. Probably a 6262 or 6266, also depends on head efficiency, cams used, many factors. The numbers it made are entirely believable from what I've seen

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.

David Buschur's Evo went 9.01 @ 159mph with 740whp, full weight street car. He was at 33-34psi though

kaz109

Established Member
That's why I was laughing lol. Why is anti lag not really applicable on street cars? I had it on my DD Evo

It is funny that he is so uninformed he didn't get why you or I was laughing at that statement yet still feels he has a leg to stand on about the subject lol

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
Holy **** this thread is full of misinformed jackasses... Only member that's missing is utahpsycho

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Psi is a measurement of restriction, not a gauge of horsepower.

Users who are viewing this thread