2014 GT500 vs. 2004 EVO

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
My bolt on Evo X MR making 320 wheel kept with a bone stock 13 GT500 from 25-90, and then he started pulling right away. I have three or four videos. It's dat short gearing and dual clutch trans that keeps power going down low.

That was $1500 in mods.

He must of been in a high gear, a 13gt500 is almost double your power and would destroy you. If you take the launch out of the equation an AWD car losses it's advantage.

Nasty500

Banned
My bolt on Evo X MR making 320 wheel kept with a bone stock 13 GT500 from 25-90, and then he started pulling right away. I have three or four videos. It's dat short gearing and dual clutch trans that keeps power going down low.

That was $1500 in mods.

that's mostly tire spin. 25mph he is spinning like crazy on stock 285 slickyears. When he caught traction you were about to get freight trained. Running a gt500 on stock rubber is pointless unless you go from 50+

Dave5.0

Established Member
He must of been in a high gear, a 13gt500 is almost double your power and would destroy you. If you take the launch out of the equation an AWD car losses it's advantage.

We did MULTIPLE runs. Even from 40 (him in 2nd gear) it took him until 90 to pass me.

The long gearing doesn't help, and my short gearing + dual clutch really helps from down low. Will throw vids for proof lol.

This is why the GTR beats cars that are supposed to be faster than it.

Nasty500

Banned
We did MULTIPLE runs. Even from 40 (him in 2nd gear) it took him until 90 to pass me.

The long gearing doesn't help, and my short gearing + dual clutch really helps from down low. Will throw vids for proof lol.

Not enough to offset 250-300rwhp difference. Unless by dual clutch you mean magic clutch that adds 250rwhp.

Dave5.0

Established Member
Not enough to offset 250-300rwhp difference. Unless by dual clutch you mean magic clutch that adds 250rwhp.

It's enough to hold off until 90. After that he obviously pulled buses.

There are SO many variables other than sheer power to consider when doing low speed races.

Poppacapp

Established Member

The GTR beats cars with more power because the transmission in it allows it to stay in boost 100% of the time. No comparison to a manual tranny such as the Evo.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The GTR beats cars with more power because the transmission in it allows it to stay in boost 100% of the time. No comparison to a manual tranny such as the Evo.
Shhhhh!!! You can't bring logic like that in this thread. :lol1:

Poppacapp

Established Member
off topic, hey popacap, u just got a tvs installed and made 700whp? Do u upgrade the injector or tb or 2.4 pulley? I might get one this spring. And do u made 700rwhp with 93 octane gas? bigger heat xchanger?

Initially the car made 635rwhp with the 2013 TVS/65mm tb/2.67 upper(oem installed pulley), stock injectors, stock MAF and full stock exhaust including factory cats. This was @17psi because the factory cats could not flow well enough and were causing backpressure. Should have been 15psi. I gutted the cats, and boost dropped to 15psi, and it still felt like it picked up a little bit.

The car made 670rwhp with a 2013 TVS, 65mm TB/and elbow, VMP 2.4 upper pulley making 18psi, and gutted cats/factory exhaust/manifolds. This was with stock injectors, stock MAF setup. It was maxxing the maf out at this power level though, so I installed a JLT 127mm setup, and 72lb injectors. After a retune with that it made 690rwhp. This is still with full factory exhaust/manifold with the exception of the gutted cats.

I run ONLY 93 octane in the car without Torco, boosters etc... I want to be able to pull up to the pump, put gas in, and race it like it is.

Also still using the factory heat exchanger(upgrade was on the list along with a 1 pc driveshaft).

Some notes:

I do not recommend running the factory cats with the TVS setup(at least on my 12').. they don't flow well enough. Either go with an offroad mid pipe, or gut the cats.

Your 123mm MAF setup should do fine with a TVS setup.

To be on the safe side.. if I were you, I would definitely go with a set of 72lb injectors. with an 07' I assume you would need a Kenne Bell BAP also.

Good luck with it.... and I can tell you... there is NO comparison between the stock supercharger and the TVS.... it is UNREAL the difference in torque and power this thing puts out. You will love it.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member

He has a Evo X MR which has an auto like a GTR so his Evo stays in boost 100% of the time also

germeezy1

Established Member
Ok so for ALL OF YOU talking about turbo's this and GT500's that, WHO CARES!!??? I don't know exactly what the guy had, he talked to me at the next light before we went our separate ways. And I was in 3rd because the new GT500's make a good power band in 3rd at 2500rpm and I can go from 60 to 130 before having to shift. I have dynoed my car and I know how to drive. I make 621 RWHP at the wheels. I AM STOCK. I don't care about WHAT IF'S or what could've been. Me and the EVO driver had a fun time nonetheless. He was polite and I appreciated that. Good clean races are hard to find, since most people that lose get butt hurt. We both enjoyed the race, thats all that matters. So to those of you over analyzing this, go find something else to do. lol :beer:

Did you just say I can drive, and I started in 3rd gear at 2500 rpm from a 60 roll?

:shrug::shrug:

9secondko

9secondko
Established Member
I would think the OP story is about right.

Stock, the '14 gt500 is basically a 700 hp beast with a pretty good suspension.

From a dig, the awd would be advantageous, but the 500 is a monster at the top end as well.

And from 80 on up, I'd think it would run away from most modified vehicles stock.

Traction is the issue for the 500. At higher speeds, it's less of an issue.

Also depends on what the 10k was spent on. Could be a new motor to keep up with the rest of the mods?

Echo is a Goodwin little car for what it is.

But it's no 500 competition by any stretch.

I think evo owners have fond memories of earlier 500 races.

New game.

Nasty500

Banned
I think evo owners have fond memories of earlier 500 races.

New game.

Nope same game. Everyone acts like the earlier 500's were slow or something. For around a $1,000 the put down 540-560rwhp and for another 1,500-1,800 with a 13-14 supercharger upgrade the are around 650rwhp and that's more than a stock 13-14.

I know this is going to happen for years to come. But they are the same car. The 13-14 just has a better supercharger. The 5.8 vs 5.4 isn't a major difference. I'd like to see what a stock 13-14 would dyno at with a 07-12 supercharger on it.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Lol, OK I guess you didn't catch the sarcasm. I know what a 2 step is and what it does (I have it on my car) I was asking about a 2 step turbo . That is a term oh an uneducated guy trying to talk like he knows what he is talking about. And to your last part, no it does not work with roll racing
Terry has integrated the 2-Step for the manuals and is working on the autos. I love how the Mustang guys love manuals and the BMW guys are drawn to the Autos.

Jroc

Established Member
I think some people are selling a GT500 way short. Lets remember this is a mid to high 120 MPH trapping car stock, that's straight geared long legged as hell, and comes factory with extremely conservative HP/torque ratings. I'm not saying that 10K in a EVO VIII/IX can't possibly beat one in a roll, but they better be on top of their game, and very knowledgeable about modding their car. Even a TS Terminator better not go half steppin to a stock new GT500, or he might get beat up on. Not surprising at all IMO for a new GT500 to beat a old EVO with 10K in mods from a 60 MPH roll. Even if the EVO would win I doubt it would be one of those "he shouldn't have any problem beating a stock 13/14 GT500 with $10K in mods" like it would be a easy, not even trying hard kind of victory for the EVO or something.

Good kill OP.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
I think some people are selling a GT500 way short. Lets remember this is a mid to high 120 MPH trapping car stock, that's straight geared long legged as hell, and comes factory with extremely conservative HP/torque ratings. I'm not saying that 10K in a EVO VIII/IX can't possibly beat one in a roll, but they better be on top of their game, and very knowledgeable about modding their car. Even a TS Terminator better not go half steppin to a stock new GT500, or he might get beat up on. Not surprising at all IMO for a new GT500 to beat a old EVO with 10K in mods from a 60 MPH roll. Even if the EVO would win I doubt it would be one of those "he shouldn't have any problem beating a stock 13/14 GT500 with $10K in mods" like it would be a easy, not even trying hard kind of victory for the EVO or something.

Good kill OP.

Nobody is selling the gt500 short but a stock turbo evo has run 10's many times. A stock block evo has run mid 9's @ 140+.....my point is 10k in mods( go fast mods) on a evo can be an low as an high 8's-low 9's car. So again not taking away from the GT500 but a stock one vs evo with 10k in it, evo shouldn't have a problem pulling it..an awd car trapping 140's would have no problem with a mid 125 trapping car or at least it shouldn't

Just bolting on a 6262 or 6266 kit with a few flow and fuel mods would pull a stock gt500 and that wouldn't cost 10k to do.

Wildman113

Established Member
Nobody is selling the gt500 short but a stock turbo evo has run 10's many times. A stock block evo has run mid 9's @ 140+.....my point is 10k in mods( go fast mods) on a evo can be an low as an high 8's-low 9's car. So again not taking away from the GT500 but a stock one vs evo with 10k in it, evo shouldn't have a problem pulling it..an awd car trapping 140's would have no problem with a mid 125 trapping car or at least it shouldn't

Just bolting on a 6262 or 6266 kit with a few flow and fuel mods would pull a stock gt500 and that wouldn't cost 10k to do.

Stock turbo Evos running 10's? LOL you are so full of shit I think you are starting to believe your own nonsense.

You act like its no big deal for an Evo to run 10's when they can barely break into the 12's with a stock turbo. It takes a built engine to break into the 11's, not to mention they are the most unreliable performance vehicle you can own, its a Mitsubishi.

You are just too ignorant to even bother saving, just give up and stop posting.

Users who are viewing this thread