2014 GT500 vs. 2004 EVO

blackvette101

Established Member
This a joke right... those numbers sound all flawed... lol :rollseyes:??::shrug: 45lbs of boost to make only 700awhp? and it ran 8's with only 700hp I highly doubt that @ 45lbs and running 8's a car should be making around 1000+hp to run 8's and @ that boost 4 cylinder or not? :nono::poke::bash::eek:

It's about right for a 4 cylinder. Local shop around here (AWD motorsports) has the fastest US 4G63 motor evo or that's what they claim. They made 921 AWHP with 48 psi on a billet 6765 and ran 8.75@163 with a 2810 race weight.

I'm not sure if an evo is taking down a 13/14 GT500 easily with 10k. It would be a good race but most evo's can only handle low 500 AWHP on E85 with stock block. To really guarantee a win I think it would need

built short block
At least an FP black
Double pumper with big injectors
exedy dual disc clutch
and all the accompying bolt on's like intercooler,tuning, cams and stuff.

I believe all that stuff would be more then 10k installed. An FP black with the above on stock block could probably pull out the W but I think it'd be a drivers race.

I know my buddy has the above set up on stock block and put down 529/411 WHP/WTQ and after riding in my GT500 he said he was not going to race me until he built his block because he wasn't sure who'd win. And I make about what a 13' makes but am alittle lighter.

Last edited:

kaz109

Established Member
I see you trollin.

Cmon man can't we all have a laugh at your expense without you getting butt hurt over it. So it turns out you don't know as much as you thought u did on this subject, big deal. We here at svtp still corrected you and turned you in the right direction so its not like all we did was laugh at you :beer:

Dave5.0

Established Member
My bolt on Evo X MR making 320 wheel kept with a bone stock 13 GT500 from 25-90, and then he started pulling right away. I have three or four videos. It's dat short gearing and dual clutch trans that keeps power going down low.

That was $1500 in mods.

Last edited:

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
It's about right for a 4 cylinder. Local shop around here (AWD motorsports) has the fastest US 4G63 motor evo or that's what they claim. They made 921 AWHP with 48 psi on a billet 6765 and ran 8.75@163 with a 2810 race weight.

I'm not sure if an evo is taking down a 13/14 GT500 easily with 10k. It would be a good race but most evo's can only handle low 500 AWHP on E85 with stock block. To really guarantee a win I think it would need

built short block
At least an FP black
Double pumper with big injectors
exedy dual disc clutch
and all the accompying bolt on's like intercooler,tuning, cams and stuff.

I believe all that stuff would be more then 10k installed. An FP black with the above on stock block could probably pull out the W but I think it'd be a drivers race.

I know my buddy has the above set up on stock block and put down 529/411 WHP/WTQ and after riding in my GT500 he said he was not going to race me until he built his block because he wasn't sure who'd win. And I make about what a 13' makes but am alittle lighter.

If you friend in the Evo can drive, he will beat your gt500. Evos weigh around 3300lbs to your 3800-4000lb gt500

blackvette101

Established Member
If you friend in the Evo can drive, he will beat your gt500. Evos weigh around 3300lbs to your 3800-4000lb gt500

mine weighs 3750. He is 500 pounds lighter I have 60 more rwhp we are within 0.1 pounds per rwhp (6.2 vs 6.3) it's not that black and white. Not to mention I make 200 more wheel torque and he has lag so i think i can take the hit. Not saying i'd win for sure but it's close enough to where he doesn't want to race. He raced my bro's 11 GT500 when he was full bolt on 420AWHP and a stock 11 makes like 470 wheel hp. He barely edged him out like half a car. Either way i'll never know because he won't race until he builds a 2.3. These are roll races btw.

Last edited:

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Ok so for ALL OF YOU talking about turbo's this and GT500's that, WHO CARES!!??? I don't know exactly what the guy had, he talked to me at the next light before we went our separate ways. And I was in 3rd because the new GT500's make a good power band in 3rd at 2500rpm and I can go from 60 to 130 before having to shift. I have dynoed my car and I know how to drive. I make 621 RWHP at the wheels. I AM STOCK. I don't care about WHAT IF'S or what could've been. Me and the EVO driver had a fun time nonetheless. He was polite and I appreciated that. Good clean races are hard to find, since most people that lose get butt hurt. We both enjoyed the race, thats all that matters. So to those of you over analyzing this, go find something else to do. lol :beer:

kaz109

Established Member
Ok so for ALL OF YOU talking about turbo's this and GT500's that, WHO CARES!!??? I don't know exactly what the guy had, he talked to me at the next light before we went our separate ways. And I was in 3rd because the new GT500's make a good power band in 3rd at 2500rpm and I can go from 60 to 130 before having to shift. I have dynoed my car and I know how to drive. I make 621 RWHP at the wheels. I AM STOCK. I don't care about WHAT IF'S or what could've been. Me and the EVO driver had a fun time nonetheless. He was polite and I appreciated that. Good clean races are hard to find, since most people that lose get butt hurt. We both enjoyed the race, thats all that matters. So to those of you over analyzing this, go find something else to do. lol :beer:

You don't know anything about his setup and said he had 10k in mods ( he told you) so obviously ppl who know about evo's will talk about that statement. Nobody downplayed your car or talked bad about it. Nobody said anything about the run so quit being so sensitive lol

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
An evo is will be beat to shit if sold for 15k, they are about the same price range as terminators. Mid 20's down to high teens for a decent one.

There's a bunch of high mileage 2003-2005 evos out there for around $15,000 with a decent shape. Its like 10 years old already.. HELLO??

Edit: I used to have an 03 evo 8 with 45k miles and i blew up the engine accidentlly running 40 lbs of boost . Car have an upgrade bigger FP red turbo running e85 fuel at 30 lbs. of boost making 460 whp . End up selling the car for $10 ,000

Last edited:

black2007shelby

pure venom
Established Member
My bolt on Evo X MR making 320 wheel kept with a bone stock 13 GT500 from 25-90, and then he started pulling right away. I have three or four videos. It's dat short gearing and dual clutch trans that keeps power going down low.

That was $1500 in mods.

eVO X 2008 and up are slow. I used to have an 03 evo 8 with 450whp using e85 , it feel a lot faster than the newer evo even when it still bone stock. My friend used to have an 2008 with 350 dyno whp 5sp manual too but i think it slow as hell.

stutter

eat me
Established Member
You don't know anything about his setup and said he had 10k in mods ( he told you) so obviously ppl who know about evo's will talk about that statement. Nobody downplayed your car or talked bad about it. Nobody said anything about the run so quit being so sensitive lol

Haha dude, I wasnt being sensitive....hense the LOL.

blackvette101

Established Member
Yea because no EVO has ever gone 10's 9's or 8's. Clown

You are so stupid. Most Evo already did 7s.:bash: And they only need like 900whp. Mustangs need like 1500whp to run 7s.

wtf are you saying. Their is one evo in the world that scratched 7's and it was like an evo 3 running on pure methanol in australia. All the drag evo's from buscher, AMS, AWD motorsports run mid to high 8's with between 950-1150 whp. which people in fox body's have done with 750 rwhp. It's not magic it's power to weight plain and simple.

Last edited:

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
Wouldn't you have been in a better RPM going into 2nd at 60mph instead of 3rd.

+1, one of the few sane posts in this thread. Would've pulled instantly in 2nd as 60 is right at the 1-2 shift point. Yes 3rd works but it won't create instant pull from 60 like 2nd does. Put another way, you don't shift from 1st to 3rd in drag racing so op gave up quite a few lengths.

03 deadpool

Established Member
Nice kill op i was in the same situation 2 weeeks ago when my cobra beat up on a 78 Trans Am ,he wanted to play so i finished the game and ran the score up.lots of guys on the forum ripped on me for beating a 170 horsepower car. sounds like the evo ran pretty good up till 110.

Users who are viewing this thread