2014 Jeep Cherokee

Rotzs99

Established Member
2014 Jeep Cherokee evokes shock, little awe | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos
cherokeetopwhat.jpg

Chrysler says they are going after more of the CRV crowd with this. Isn't that what the Liberty and Patriot are for? I'm only posting this because I like the old Cherokees a lot. Almost bought one before I found a sweet deal on an Explorer (silly me looking at Chrysler), but I still respect the Cherokee for its offroad capabilities and the fact that it seems fairly aloof of the "it's a jeep thing" crap. The old Cherokee was highly regarded for its time in terms of style and function, but this thing....

BRNG ITT

Established Member
So are the Cherokees and Grand Cherokees going to continue to be two seperate models?

Last edited:

wildride02gt

Established Member
Cherokee......kill it please, its just plain ugly, and does not deserve the name at all. Plus, why ANOTHER small crossover? Liberty and Patriot already exist, and do well.
Honestly, I see this only as a move by Fiat to show Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge/Ram who's boss. The 2014 Cherokee is just a lifted Alfa platform, with AWD. Everything about it screams Euro trash, cheap, and unwanted.

From what I have been reading, the Cherokee and the CG will remain as separate platforms for now. It'll all probably depend on how the sales of both are for the next fiscal year. Now that the GC is available with a diesel(and hopefully the Durango, too), GC sales should stay good. I don't see any decent sales for these Cherokees, except maybe being offloaded to the rental agencies for pennies on the dollar.

2014 Cherokee is a waste of money, the entire program.

Users who are viewing this thread