2014 Mustang Will Depart from Current Retro Design

DIB5.0

Established Member
I have a feeling the Mustang will evolve into a cheaper BMW. With so much comparison i can see the Mustang taking the form of the M3 with just a Pony in the grill, hockey stick on the side and some tri lights in the back and you will have the 2014 Mustang. Any photoshop kings want a try at it?

kingnut

Established Member
:lol:
charliemurphy.gif

haha

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
going going gone...4 or 6 cyl.? who cars about IRS, the car will look like the Mercury
Cougar from Probe days...I'm keeping my Roush

wjk

Established Member
I bet it will have the 5.0 still but with direct injection. Weight will hopefully drop by about 200lbs, weight distribution will be closer to the ideal 50/50, and I would bet they will put IRS on it. Every magazine knocks the SRA yet they post incredible skidpad numbers.

redline

Established Member
its gonna be 1975 all over again. mustang2 at its best. 2+2 seating and compact with v8
view

redline

Established Member
its gonna be 1975 all over again. mustang2 at its best. 2+2 seating and compact with v8

ford.1975.MustangII.Mach1.Fastback.jpg

fivepointno

Established Member
This blows. Oh well looks like the 2013 Mustangs are the cars to get! the last of the real ones.

andymarkv

Established Member
Hmmmm.... My wife and I both got out of our last summer cars and into newer Mustangs because they are slightly larger and more comfortable, on top of good power.
It will be interesting to see how many other people felt the same.

My wife and I are small to average size and we both felt cramped in her New Edge 2000 GT and she HATED the converter hump in the floor of my 97 Z28.
People may not be interested in down sizing unless there are major advantages.
And I agree, if it has IRS, I doubt they can reduce the weight much unless it gets down sized quite a bit...
Plus the new car is based on a "global" platform. So that will limit its shape to something that fits.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
keep dreaming... the HP might go up but the curb weight will stay or will go up as well... they have to pass crash tests
i used to buy into this cop-out but it's 100% bullshit. if you look around, there are plenty of cars out there that gain lots of features and little weight from generation to generation. the miata for example. the new mazda2 is a little bigger than the old honduh CRX, has higher quality material and more features, weighs only ~100lbs more, and recieved the highest euro crash rating(NHTSA ratings aren't available yet). 20 years later, we've gained only a 5% weight increase but are maxing out these FAR tougher safety standards.

all of that aside, the weight of the next gen mustang will be down. weight reduction is in the works for every ford vehicle. this was stated years ago when mulally first arrived.

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
They are gonna eff it up with an IRS. Oh well, hopefully it still has a 5.0

Not everybody drag races.
Nothing wrong with updating a suspension that has been underneath the rear end since dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Prototypes of the 1964.5 Mustang had IRS. The bean counters killed it.
Jeff

ViciousJay

Established Member
i used to buy into this cop-out but it's 100% bullshit. if you look around, there are plenty of cars out there that gain lots of features and little weight from generation to generation. the miata for example. the new mazda2 is a little bigger than the old honduh CRX, has higher quality material and more features, weighs only ~100lbs more, and recieved the highest euro crash rating(NHTSA ratings aren't available yet). 20 years later, we've gained only a 5% weight increase but are maxing out these FAR tougher safety standards.

all of that aside, the weight of the next gen mustang will be down. weight reduction is in the works for every ford vehicle. this was stated years ago when mulally first arrived.

where i bolded it for you is where you need to look... you said EURO not US. They both have different standards

kevinp

Established Member
I actually like the look of the new Camaro. If it wasn't for the performance factors of the new Mustang, I would have bought the new Camaro instead.

People bought Aztecs too :)

Styling is a personal thing, I like the retro myself because when I was younger I owned most of the original 60's musclecars and I love these repops. They kind of look the same but are faster, safer, handle better, get better mileage etc. The new Camaro is a spaceship to me, especially the interior, its like driving an armored personal carrier..

Lot of people love the new Camaro styling, as far as performance the LS engines are a great platform, that would be my only reason TO buy one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread