2014 Shelby dealer markup

MSKWIK

Established Member
Hi all,

I just sold my mint 2004 Cobra with only 24K miles, and am looking to purchase a black 2014 Shelby GT500. Both dealers in Southern CA are asking $5K over sticker and will not budge. I absolutely refuse to pay over sticker. Should I just wait, or try to find a car out of state?

Montana

Ford and Mopar Guy
Established Member
Hi all,

I just sold my mint 2004 Cobra with only 24K miles, and am looking to purchase a black 2014 Shelby GT500. Both dealers in Southern CA are asking $5K over sticker and will not budge. I absolutely refuse to pay over sticker. Should I just wait, or try to find a car out of state?

I refuse to pay an ADM! BTW, how much did you get for the Terminator?

5.8 Venom

Established Member
I would just start working your way outwards. I am in So Cal also and everyone was pretty much ADM BS. I got lucky and took a 2hr drive to Ridgecrest paid MSRP and it saved me from having to go out of state. If you do go out of state whatever saies tax you pay there DMV will credit you and then you pay the balance here.

Snoopy49

Established Member
If your interested in driving up the coast, there is a new 2014 GT500 for sale. Black, stripe delete, Nav, Glass Roof and Shaker Pro. $61,225 MSRP.
Here is the window sticker.

Harry Coelho
Perry Ford
San Luis Obispo, Ca.93405
805-801-8862
[email protected]

Silver_Bullet

Established Member
If your interested in driving up the coast, there is a new 2014 GT500 for sale. Black, stripe delete, Nav, Glass Roof and Shaker Pro. $61,225 MSRP.
Here is the window sticker.

Harry Coelho
Perry Ford
San Luis Obispo, Ca.93405
805-801-8862
[email protected]

Like he says, widen your search and you will find someone selling at MSRP or better. So Cal is a tough market to buy this car in. The farther away you look, the cheaper the car will get.

Last edited:

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
Get it outside LA and then drive over to the dealer and do donuts in front of them =). I was in the same boat as you. The dealers here in norcal would not even talk to you if you were not willing to pay the ADM. I eventually found one on ebay and had it shipped over from Oregon.

Joraft

Established Member
Both dealers in Southern CA are asking $5K over sticker and will not budge. I absolutely refuse to pay over sticker.

I'm in SoCal too and ran into the same problem (only then it was $10,000). Wound up getting what I wanted at MSRP from Nebraska.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Like 5.8 Venom and Silver_Bullet said, OP, WIDEN YOUR SEARCH. These cars have been available at (and in some cases below MSRP) for over a year. Dealers who insist on ADM are lower than pond scum and aren't worth patronizing.

When you find what you're looking for elsewhere, you can either arrange shipping or plan a road trip to drive it home. :burnout:

rwboring

Established Member
you can try to widen search then call the dealers close back and say "here is one for MSRP I will go get it tomorrow if you dont come down" and see what happens... worst case you drive for the car... i drove 125ish miles for mine (drove 200+ for my SRT8 jeep)... it happens

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Congrats. I sold my mint 17k mile terminator for a new 14 GT500 and have zero regrets. I love it, and don't miss the Terminator one bit! Silly old junk.

greg demuth

Established Member
Hi I don't know if you would be interested but I have a 2014 sterling gray and black with 6800 miles on it, I would sell for 53k and bring it to Vegas for the 50th birthday party only option recaro seats burns no oil broke in right been to the track twice after it hit 5k miles, running mid 11's with mickeys and traction on, have extra set of micky street strip slicks Greg 813-777-0000 . as of now I am going to NC for the 50th party and planning on selling it there.

Snoopy49

Established Member
MSKWIK,
I noticed that you sold your 2004 Cobra because you had a ruined left knee. Did you get your knee repaired, if not you are going to have the same problem with a 2014 GT500.
If you knee is really bad, I highly recommend a total knee replacement. I had my right knee and hip replaced and it was the best thing I have done for myself. I just wish I hadn't wasted the years of pain I had to endure before making the decision.
Good luck with your purchase.
By the way, I bought my 2013 GT500 from Harry Coelho when he was working for another dealer and I will vouch for him. Another member also bought his 2013 from Harry.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
MSKWIK,
I noticed that you sold your 2004 Cobra because you had a ruined left knee. Did you get your knee repaired, if not you are going to have the same problem with a 2014 GT500.
If you knee is really bad, I highly recommend a total knee replacement. I had my right knee and hip replaced and it was the best thing I have done for myself. I just wish I hadn't wasted the years of pain I had to endure before making the decision.
Good luck with your purchase.
By the way, I bought my 2013 GT500 from Harry Coelho when he was working for another dealer and I will vouch for him. Another member also bought his 2013 from Harry.

I will say my stock 2014 clutch is like butter compared to my stock 04 Cobra clutch...so it will def be easier on him if he has a bad knee.

Snoopy49

Established Member
I didn't know that, I have never driven a 2004 Cobra. My left knee is pretty messed up, but not bad enough to have it replaced. The exercise I get from driving my car has actually helped my knee. I think of it as fun physical therapy.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Go on fordirect.com and run a search. There are 12 new '14 Verts in the W zone. There are multiple pages of Coupe in various colors. I'm in S Ca and drove 40 miles for my deal. Not too bad

MSKWIK

Established Member
I refuse to pay an ADM! BTW, how much did you get for the Terminator?

I sold it for $19.5K. Probably could have gotten a bit more, but I sold it to a great family in Arizona who are really enjoying the car. I'm glad it went to a good home.

Users who are viewing this thread