2014 Shelby GT500

Jroc

Established Member
I had that in my 03...not my 13

Yeah it was just a little jokey joke on my part. Thats the net thing in my old 03 Cobra.

03 Cobra coupes were the only Mustangs to ever get them. No v6, GT, Mach 1, or even 04 Cobra coupe got that piece.

Noone really knows why Ford introduced that piece for one year on one model and then did away with it for the last year of the same car.

In a L there was a little panel in the lower driver side dash that was in the 99 L and then was done away with in the 00/01/02 Lightnings just to be reintroduced in the 03 /04 Lightnings.

Last edited:

dom418

Established Member
The next gen Shelby will be better than the 13/14. Ford isnt going to take a step back and regress, that's just how it works. Enjoy the 13' and don't worry about keeping up with the latest and greatet or we would be broke lol.

specizripn

Established Member
and maybe a couple more color options. Would love to see it in Gotta Have It Green

+1 for this!

Also, I would like to see some wider rear wheels/tires, front brake cooling ducts, better brake pads, and a different wheel design, and a little weight loss program! I don't expect too many changes as the '13 was a complete makeover with liposuction, steroids, botox, wardrobe change etc. so the '14 probably wont be too different, but just fix the little things and spice it up a bit! Definitely do some handeling things so the GM sponsored magazines and their delicate vaginas are more comfortable, handle a little better, and stop a little better...

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
Concerning the 2015, it's going to interesting to see how they fit that huge engine into a euro style front end and engine bay. A twin turbo V6 sounds more likely.

Last edited:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Yeah it was just a little jokey joke on my part. Thats the net thing in my old 03 Cobra.

03 Cobra coupes were the only Mustangs to ever get them. No v6, GT, Mach 1, or even 04 Cobra coupe got that piece.

Noone really knows why Ford introduced that piece for one year on one model and then did away with it for the last year of the same car.

In a L there was a little panel in the lower driver side dash that was in the 99 L and then was done away with in the 00/01/02 Lightnings just to be reintroduced in the 03 /04 Lightnings.

Wut? My brother's 03 Mach has that and I'm almost positive that my friend's 01 GT has it as well. My 02 does not have that because it was ordered with the deluxe interior.

Jroc

Established Member
Wut? My brother's 03 Mach has that and I'm almost positive that my friend's 01 GT has it as well. My 02 does not have that because it was ordered with the deluxe interior.

Post proof. I was always told it was unique to 03 Cobra coupes.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
There are almost always changes from year to year. Some are huge and some go mostly unnoticed. Usually color changes are what people notice.

Just a few items that have been changed that some don't always notice; one could always decipher the VIN number lol.

Early model year 1990 center console armrest gone because people complained about it in earlier cars about bumping their arms on it only to come back later the same model year from people complaining that one wasn't there.
91 fenders became more squared in shape to accommodate the "monster" 16inch new wheels.
Mid-92/93 cast pistons
94 lip was straight below the door where on the 95 model year the lip curved up into the front fender well(note some very earlier 95 model year cars that were built in 94 have the 94 straight)
96 the cobra lost the embroidered "COBRA" floor mates.
97 lost the "egg crate" grill behind the horse(note the 96 cobras that had the cooling TSB fix done received the 97 radiator and removal of "egg crate" grill)
98 lost Strut tower brace and plastic IMRCs and a hybrid fuel system of returnless pump and programming with a return line.

This is just to name a few. Each model within the line up got changes from year to year some subtle some not so subtle. It's safe to say the 14 will have something different but probably won't be anything Huge except for paint colors Base/strip.

Last edited:

CAPTAIN JACK

Established Member
color change, probably..not much else though. I hope Ford goes back to SVT Cobra
and drops the Shelby name and fees that come with it. Heard from Ford...no 5.0 for
2015 , ECO-Boost 3.5 instead, this is not a rumor.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
^

246l4xu.jpg

Have that in my 03. Good for keeping the key for the gas cap lol. Not much else

Snoopy49

Established Member
Once you throw an automatic into the car, you will lose it to the wife. Just ask the Corvette husbands.

Users who are viewing this thread