2014 -vs- 2015 share you're two cents

2014 -vs- 2015 share you're two cents

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
I, too, can't vote until I see a car in showroom form, with official specs.

The 2015's are going to be direct injected so it will be a challenge to get anything more out of them then what the leave the factory with. I think that alot of people are forgetting this...

Tell this to the Powerstroke guys...:lol1: I remember when this same fear surfaced with the move from carbs to EFI, and again at the move from pushrods to OHC. Besides, how do we know all of the 2015 engines will be DI?

Lets not put the cart ahead of the Horse.
We haven't even seen the new Mustang yet.
Ford will not hurt this Pony Car.
Too much is invested in it[Think now 50 Years & Counting without a stop of production] on the Mustang for 50 years now.
Not like GM,Dodge ,Chrysler has done.
We will all see this new Pony very soon.
I'm thinking around April/17th/2014 .
Mustang's offical Birthday of being unveiled do you remember & you guys some of us do remember due too our Birthdays go way back when.
Just think of the younger generation how much fun you guys will have in the Future Mustangs to come.
We[Our Generation will not be here at least some of us] But you will carry on the legesty & future of the Mustang.
Let's be patient & FORD will make us Proud owners of these future Pony cars.
Just my thoughts & not trying to hurt any one's opnions.
Waiting paiently on my 2014 Shelby GT500[11/30/12 & now on it's way to me ETA 9/10/13]

Last edited by a moderator:

dubbsfaris

Shelby SP Region Director
Established Member
There is a lot of smart and valuable input in this thread. Glad to see it, and some points I hadn't considered yet.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I still think it will be lacking in looks the first few years, then they will tweak it to perfection.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
The 2015's are going to be direct injected so it will be a challenge to get anything more out of them then what they leave the factory with. I think that alot of people are forgetting this. The days of bolting on a supercharger may be over as upgrading direct injection is near impossible at this point and very expensive.

Tell this to the Powerstroke guys...:lol1: I remember when this same fear surfaced with the move from carbs to EFI, and again at the move from pushrods to OHC. Besides, how do we know all of the 2015 engines will be DI?

Yup^^

Same initial fears came out with the new LT1 DI motor too, but it's settled down. Look at Audi, lots of aftermarket FI kits and no problems and they have DI for a while now.

When new models always come out, there are always tuners that 'crack the code' and get it working.

In the lambo world there are 2 ecus and a tcu (trans), and to get tuned people have to send all 3 off to a company to reflash. No OBD tuning, impossible people say.

Just read on L4P that there are now OBDII kits for Lambos. A much smaller market of tuners VS mustangs. (although it took years LOL)

Mustang tuners will always be ready to figure out a way :beer:

ToltecWarrior

Banishing Self-Importance
Established Member
I am interested to see what Ford does with the next generation of Mustangs. I am looking forward to reading the articles, visiting the showrooms, and checking things out. However, I am pretty certain that I will just be a "window shopper".

I bought the 2013 Shelby GT500 because I love everything about it! It is truly my dream car and was worth the wait and sacrifice to get it. For me, it is perfect....the power, the retro styling, the exhaust note......perfect!

So, I've got my baby and she will be pampered and pushed hard. I intend to enjoy every moment! I may take a look at "what's new", but that's it for me!

5.0 guy

Established Member
I just ran across an interesting page in the new Road and Track on page 62, just a one page recap of a past story but they seem to think the GT350 will have a 5.4 winding up to 7,000 RPM's and pushing about 600. That estemate doesn't seem to crazy to me but I guess we shall see. I myself have always hated the new design at first but after a while I always seem to find the old school muscle car charictiristics that Ford tries to hide in the updated Aerodynamics of the new standards. For Ford to meet the crazy upcoming fuel economy requirements they will have to get aerodynamics to aid along with the more efficient engines, I have faith in them but either way I have plenty of Mustangs to keep me happy if they don't.

Gabed1972

Established Member
I just ran across an interesting page in the new Road and Track on page 62, just a one page recap of a past story but they seem to think the GT350 will have a 5.4 winding up to 7,000 RPM's and pushing about 600. That estemate doesn't seem to crazy to me but I guess we shall see. I myself have always hated the new design at first but after a while I always seem to find the old school muscle car charictiristics that Ford tries to hide in the updated Aerodynamics of the new standards. For Ford to meet the crazy upcoming fuel economy requirements they will have to get aerodynamics to aid along with the more efficient engines, I have faith in them but either way I have plenty of Mustangs to keep me happy if they don't.

I talked to the people at Tasca ford. They are one of the licensed super snake shops. They do a lot of custom tuning and performance and have a lot of connections at Ford. And their head mechanic told me the new body style will not allow for anything larger than the 5.0 and there's no room for any supercharger. Also so that the direct injection is going to limit modifications...

StuckInNY

Established Member
The new CTS is twin turbo and direct injected from the factory (V-sport model). I am hoping STS comes out with a twin turbo set up that mounts underneath the car behind the engine. If this was a less popular car, I would not be optimistic, but being the Mustang, there will be options available.

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
I talked to the people at Tasca ford. They are one of the licensed super snake shops. They do a lot of custom tuning and performance and have a lot of connections at Ford. And their head mechanic told me the new body style will not allow for anything larger than the 5.0 and there's no room for any supercharger. Also so that the direct injection is going to limit modifications...

I'm gonna call BS on this. Not that they told you that, but that they are correct. I might see the 5.0 as the largest engine, but a S/C will fit.

Last edited:

1hot281

Established Member
I still think it will be lacking in looks the first few years, then they will tweak it to perfection.

This. Ford always restyles the Mustang part way through the life span of the platform... The original first gen Mustang was restyled from the 64-68 to the 69/70 that defined the generation... the 83-86 4-eye was restyled in to the 87-93 Fox that everyone knows and loves, which brought along the first fuel injected 5.0, and the first SVT Cobra and first Cobra R... the 94-98 SN95 was restyled in to the 99-04 "New Edge" SN95 that saw the best Cobra R ever, and the Terminator. The 05-09 S197 was restyled in to the 10-14, which saw the return of the 5.0, the Boss 302, and the 5.8L GT500...

Ford has got a handle on things. The 2015 will be nice, but I can't wait to see what the later-year S550s will bring to the table.

5.0 guy

Established Member

Let's hope they are wrong! I would think an SC would be limited the the cowl size on the hood rather then the engine compartment, either way I have faith in Ford until something changes my mind!

Gabed1972

Established Member
Let's hope they are wrong! I would think an SC would be limited the the cowl size on the hood rather then the engine compartment, either way I have faith in Ford until something changes my mind!

I would've like to see them do one more retro style with the 69 mach one Where the new style based off the 69 Mach one I personally don't like the fusion or the European-style.

I'm sure the Ford engineers could've found a way to keep the car fuel-efficient but kept the American looks

5.0 guy

Established Member
I would've like to see them do one more retro style with the 69 mach one Where the new style based off the 69 Mach one I personally don't like the fusion or the European-style.

I'm sure the Ford engineers could've found a way to keep the car fuel-efficient but kept the American looks

They always seem to somehow keep that American muscle car feel someway somehow, there has been some great points on this thread especially about this new future design. The last/ current style was a hit with the updated retro look and most people love it, I'm sure that Ford has their best people on this and it will be a hit also! Hopefully the engineers that came up with the Probe idea for a Mustang are long gone. By the time we see an SVT car again the new design will have been long time been excepted by the Mustang loyal and ready to rein it's terror on the streets as usual.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I think I can dig up similar threads from across the Internet from some point in 2004...

We all know how that turned out.

I prefer the exterior looks of my 04 Cobra over my S197 Shelby. Love them both.

Expect I will like the 15 as well.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I prefer the exterior looks of my 04 Cobra over my S197 Shelby. Love them both.

Expect I will like the 15 as well.

I've logged 18,000 awesome miles on my Terminator since March 03, it's Definitely one of my favorite cars to date. :beer:

LT5

Established Member
I remember in 04 when they first announced the retro style 05, and everybody lost their minds, "Why is ford going backwards instead of more modern", and now the opposite. All I can think is
tumblr_m058ynUd1W1r2zvsmo1_500.jpg
Like it or not things are going to change.
2015 will bring CAFE standards of 35+ Mpg , a decade later 54 Mpg :eek:

Like Europe, styling will become the marketing tool. For us peasants small or "cute", and pedal powered will be the norm.. ." American iron" gone...
I'm sure performance will exist, but it will COST.

Users who are viewing this thread