2015 5.0 Changes

skulls

Established Member
Faster than the Boss if the GT is ordered with the Performance Package, is what the Rep said at Venice Beach yesterday. It was an unveiling, with a very 420 friendly boardwalk lol.

I would hope so, if its 200lbs lighter, irs and a slight bump in hp...it better be faster.

CW1343

Established Member
These changes sound great! Hopefully I'll be able to pick up most of this from FRPP later on down the road for my '13 GT.

blackvette101

Established Member
Weight savings come in the form of aluminum bumpers, hood, and the suspension believe it or not. Right now the word is 200 lbs, but that doesn't state if thats from the weight savings of the ecoboost or the 5.0.

aluminum hood/fenders take off 30 pounds max. The bumpers I doubt are aluminum. In order to pass crash testing the aluminum would have to be really thick to get the strength of steel. Even if the bumpers were 40% lighter its only another 30 pounds knocked off. If the whole k member/control arms is aluminum and 40% lighter its like 35 pounds lighter and thats on the high side.

Throw in IRS, bigger car, and more luxury and those numbers don't add up to significant or any weight reduction.

Their were dozens of the same rumors about the C7 until it came out.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread