2015 Corvette Z06 Full Performance Stats Released!!!!!

Mombo

Established Member
2015 Corvette Z06 Full Performance Stats Released

Here Are The Numbers :read:

2015 Z06 Performance

8-Speed Auto
650 HP
650 TQ
0-60 2.95 Sec
1/4 Mile 10.95 Sec @ 127 MPH
60-0 99.6 Feet
1.2 g Lateral Skidpad

7-Speed Manual
650 HP
650 TQ
0-60 3.2 Sec
1/4 Mile 11.2 Sec @ 127 MPH
60-0 99.6 Feet
1.2 g Lateral Skidpad

Base Price MSRP $78,995

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1094718_2015-chevy-corvette-z06-performance-stats-released
IPHONE 2193.JPG

Last edited:

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
So its as fast as a hellcat? Not impressed

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Badass. With all the supposed upgrades to the LT4 motor over the LS9, I'm surprised they didn't squeeze out 700+ hp though.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Badass. With all the supposed upgrades to the LT4 motor over the LS9, I'm surprised they didn't squeeze out 700+ hp though.

Because they arent about stupid bragging rights and more about a engineered package that works to do more than blow tires off.

10splaya22

Established Member

They maybe could have but this has about 25-30k less MSRP, they had to save money somewhere and I know the LS9 was very expensive

xenodragon

Established Member
The trap speed is lower than I expected. I am EXTREMELY disappointed...how could they let this happen.......see other thread as I am 100% joking.:rollseyes

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Pretty bad ass and big difference from auto and manual, trap speed stayed the same though.

I will be the first to do it but…….. it made the GT-R look even better especially the Nismo

ThomasL

Established Member
Just me or are the ones in the pic above kinda ugly? The looks don't wow me at all.

Formula51

Established Member
Pretty bad ass and big difference from auto and manual, trap speed stayed the same though.

I will be the first to do it but…….. it made the GT-R look even better especially the Nismo

How do you figure?

The GTR starts at over $100k and the Nismo is over $150k. The Nismo looks to have similar acceleration with a lower trap speed. Also appears to hold less lateral g's and have similar braking.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
How do you figure?

The GTR starts at over $100k and the Nismo is over $150k. The Nismo looks to have similar acceleration with a lower trap speed. Also appears to hold less lateral g's and have similar braking.
Meant technology wise. Its still a heavier car with less power and putting very close/similar numbers despite the fact that its the same body/chassis from 09. Still will be interesting how it does in a track outside of the Nur, Chevy has a winner here no doubt. C6Z IMO is nicer and more agressive looking than the new Z. Give me a C6Z shell with the C7Z engine,etc and interior.

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Very impressive.

So if I use the same hp factor as 2013 to figure the hp between the Z-06 and the Z-R1 the next Z-R1 should make a little over 800 hp.

And after you throw a cam, head work, exhaust at the Z-06 you might see 725, maybe more.

I can't wait for the first modded version show up at the strip and the mile. I wonder what Ford will be able to make to take the wind out of Chevy and Dodge's sails/

Formula51

Established Member
Meant technology wise. Its still a heavier car with less power and putting very close/similar numbers despite the fact that its the same body/chassis from 09. Still will be interesting how it does in a track outside of the Nur, Chevy has a winner here.

The track times of the GTR are not really because of any revolutionary technology. It has all wheel drive that produces great 60' times, which results in great 1/4 mile times. Cars like the Eclipse GTX and EVO have been doing this for years. Now, the success of the GTR on track is pretty impressive!

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The track times of the GTR are not really because of any revolutionary technology. It has all wheel drive that produces great 60' times, which results in great 1/4 mile times. Cars like the Eclipse GTX and EVO have been doing this for years. Now, the success of the GTR on track is pretty impressive!
It's not your ordinary AWD like those cars, it uses the ATTESA system. Quite a difference. Aside from that, transmission, aero, turbo's, etc have a lot to do with it as well. Not many car's (or any?) in that similar weight with tires will run those times with similar power.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread