Votes: 44 64.7%
  • 2015 Hellcat

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TorchMach

Established Member
Hey Guys,

So a buddy of mine that works at a local Chevy dealer just called and said if I want a Z06, that someone ordered one but cancelled and said it would be built in two weeks. He said I can get it at MSRP, no mark-up and built exactly how I want.

Now, I've been looking for a Hellcat for about 3 weeks now, and the best I've found is $5,000 over MSRP, however that is with the dealer saying they have no idea when it will be picked up. I was surfing the Hellcat forums and a few just got their order's picked up from November 2014...so yeah.

Here is my situation, I plan on keeping whichever car I buy for a year to a year in half max. This car will be daily driven in Los Angeles and will be manual transmission.

Which would you get? I want the Hellcat as it seems more practical, and fun. Just raw. Z06 seems like I have to be more careful with it, but looks so sick, I don't have kids and am alone in the car 90% of the time.

xenodragon

Established Member
If you are only keeping it for a year or so get the vette, I think it will be easier to drive in LA. Especially if you are having to pay over sticker for the hellcat, you will lose that markup when you go to sell it. No reason to pay extra $ for the cat, which as you said could take a long time to get one, because of demand.

Neither car is really practical for LA to be honest, so pick whichever one you can get at the best price when you are ready to buy.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
both cars are pretty badass, but I'm a pretty impatient person. I would go with the z06 solely because I could have it immediately. Shit you might be waiting a year and a half just to pick up a hellcat...

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Have you considered the Viper? You can get a brand new one in the high 70s, low 80s.

SR014_181VP.jpg

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
If anyone is interested in a Viper, there is a white 2014 SRT Viper in Socal, Huntington Beach Dodge, $79k. Get it because I keep drooling at this car. By the time I can afford one of these I think they will have an updated model (kind of like 2006 to 2008).

Between the two, C7Z easily. The Hellcat looks like a regular challenger from 2008 with subtle exterior changes and a crazy motor. I'm not a fan of the size or weight, and I plan to drive my next car on a road course (Sonoma and Laguna!), so C7Z for me, perhaps in white with black wheels.

Put it this way OP, you can mod both and even do weight reduction, but 1000lb is going to be hard to over come. Only positive the Hellcat has is space/comfiness. WHO NEEDS THAT?!

Last edited:

TorchMach

Established Member
If anyone is interested in a Viper, there is a white 2014 SRT Viper in Socal, Huntington Beach Dodge, $79k. Get it because I keep drooling at this car. By the time I can afford one of these I think they will have an updated model (kind of like 2006 to 2008).

Between the two, C7Z easily. The Hellcat looks like a regular challenger from 2008 with subtle exterior changes and a crazy motor. I'm not a fan of the size or weight, and I plan to drive my next car on a road course (Sonoma and Laguna!), so C7Z for me, perhaps in white with black wheels.

Put it this way OP, you can mod both and even do weight reduction, but 1000lb is going to be hard to over come. Only positive the Hellcat has is space/comfiness. WHO NEEDS THAT?!

You SOB! lol I'm going to "just" take a look tomorrow. That's like 20min away from me.

I'm really going to let it sink in over the weekend...I'm really everywhere I get too many excite.lol

TorchMach

Established Member
Serpent, I called that Viper is gone now. I didn't put the viper on the list because of two reasons, 1) they all look the same to me 2) I hear they are the worst to drive daily, which I would be doing.

sono

Established Member
Hellcat is unique in every way, regardless of cost. reminds me of the grand national a bit. I like the old zo6 due to its 7 liter engine, but the new one gets lost in the crowd of mediocrity.

When in doubt pic the one that can do wheelies.

Last edited:

TorchMach

Established Member
Hellcat is unique in every way, regardless of cost. reminds me of the grand national a bit. I like the old zo6 due to its 7 liter engine, but the new one gets lost in the crowd of mediocrity.

Hellcat ordering is literally a sh*t show right now...

The best thing I can do is just sleep on it. The Z06 came about more of a good opportunity then what I was actually looking for.

Last edited:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Charger hellcat. I already have the best z06 made. H/c/I, no heat soak, no reason to trade down for a new z until the bugs are worked out, if ever.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member

That's why they're compared to the GTR and Porsche? C'mon man, don't hate so much. I don't see how the HC is super unique and the Vette isn't. They are both souped up versions of mass produced cars.

If you don't need the backseat I say go Vette.

Users who are viewing this thread