Votes: 44 64.7%
  • 2015 Hellcat

Votes: 24 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
You SOB! lol I'm going to "just" take a look tomorrow. That's like 20min away from me.

I'm really going to let it sink in over the weekend...I'm really everywhere I get too many excite.lol
Man you would've been the real SOB if you bought it. :beer:
A couple of months ago there was a red NEW 2013 (or was it '14) for sale in Champion Dodge (also in socal). Someone from here (Bay Area) went down and bought the thing for $71k, prob $78k out the door. But yea, they are hard to see out of and I wouldnt drive it for long commutes.

Between the hellcat/Z, I would still stick with a Z, but I'm into road course work and don't really care about build numbers when it comes to mass produced cars (mustangs, challengers, corvettes). If you want comfy and great for DD, why not a Charger 'Cat? Can't go wrong with any of the cars mentioned, they're all bad ass. :rockon:

Jaysin

Established Member
Hellcat for me. C7Z is a great machine, but I'm just not feeling the new body style compared to the C6. I might consider a ZR1, but idk if your strictly deciding between the Cat or C7.

Speedboosted

Established Member
Charger hellcat. I already have the best z06 made. H/c/I, no heat soak, no reason to trade down for a new z until the bugs are worked out, if ever.

This is an interesting statement...best Z for what? Going fast in a straight line? It's not the best Z for interior quality or seats, it's not the best Z for handling or track times. I don't even think it's the best Z for efficiency. Now don't get me wrong, I LOVE me a clean C6 Z but it is no way the best one made other than for drag racing.

OP, I voted for the C7 Z. Great track car, fast enough, and looks cooler. I'd imagine the Hellcat would be more comfortable, but as someone who loves track days and crap like that, the Z in a heartbeat!

yenko boy

Established Member
Put the c6z on the same tires the c7z are running and I think most people would be surprised at the results. Even with the stickier tires the c7 is slower at the ring.

Still waiting on some sort of validated proof not just biased bs...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
The only information I need is the lack of a ring time. For a company like GM to mandate not just a time but full out marketing video of each performance vehicle from the ring, yet there is none.

Then of course there's the little bit about being a full 1 sec slower from 60-150mph which on a race track that acceleration period happens time and time again.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I would have to sit in and drive both. I've been in a regular C7 2lt and I was impressed with the whole inside. I do not get a hard on for track stats I can not duplicate. I will never put the car on a road course to compete in any meaningful way so I would value ride quality over handling.

Rios302

Established Member
I will personally wait and buy a GT350 instead but that's because I am a Ford guy and prefer N/A engines. With that being said if I had to choose between the Hellcat and the Z06 I will probably go with the Z06. I saw a Hellcat just yesterday and it took me a minute to realize it was a Hellcat. At first I thought it was the Scatpack, then the SRT8. I then saw the hellcat badge on the side and realize it was a hellcat. I was then 100% sure it was a hellcat when the guy driving it took off like a rocket. Either way both cars are highly desirable and I would not mind either one.

hey11101

Established Member
I would get the hellcat personally, it would be a lot more comfortable and easier to maneuver around town with it not being as low. Why are u determined to get rid of the car so quick though ? most people when buying cars feel that they will have it for a while, but sometimes that does not happen of course.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I would get the hellcat personally, it would be a lot more comfortable and easier to maneuver around town with it not being as low. Why are u determined to get rid of the car so quick though ? most people when buying cars feel that they will have it for a while, but sometimes that does not happen of course.

my guess is that hes concerned that the price is going to depreciate like hell after a few years, and he'll probably want a new car by then

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Hellcat all day long....C7 is FUGLY. it looks good from one angle and thats dead straight in front of it... step 2 feet to either side and its brutal...rear looks like some tonka toy...if i wanted a camaro i would buy a camaro not a cormaro. Hellcat atleast looks like an ol school muscle car...i owned a c6Z and loved the c5z before that but this new C7 vette in any trim is a massive dissapointment in the looks department. id go for godzilla or kinf snake viper over a vette without blinking an eye.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Hellcat more bang for your buck, question is can you actually find one at a realistic price.....no ADM~
The Z06 is nice with the Z07 package, I almost bought one, but can't bring myself to spened $110k on a CORVETTE.
They (Z06) should be selling for MSRP and less, not more! Macmulkin Chevrolet in NH is second largest dealer, and they are all sold for MSRP.

jbs$

Established Member
Today, a bright, clear, cool day in North Carolina, I took the new (225 miles) Hellcat up the the Blue Ridge Parkway. There, at 39 degrees, it was too cool for the the bikers and the picnickers, so I had about 90 miles, mostly to my self. This is a route that I have run with a Vette, a 13 Shelby and various Bikes. The Hellcat, with the A8, I believe was the most fun of all. It never hunted for the right gear and was willing to take the curves with as much speed as my comfort level could stand. The same run in the 13 Shelby was a constant 3-4 shift with an occasional pull down into 2nd. At the end I was always leg tired and tense, not today. My experience, for you review.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread