2015 Mustang Bolt-In 9-inch IRS

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 2015 Mustang 9-inch IRS Featured.jpg
To the Nines
Watson Racing developed a new 9-inch IRS for straight-line S550s
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Watson Racing

From the moment it was announced that the 2015 Mustang would feature an independent rear suspension, many of us started to fret about how the new pony car would handle drag strip launches. As it turns out, the cars have performed quite well with moderately enhanced power levels, but as we head into the first full racing season since the S550s hit the streets, some cars might need a more durable option, and that’s what Watson Racing has created.
Continue reading →

04svtsnke

Established Member
Wow that looks amazing! I'm interested in that cutout setup with the mufflers and side exit as well. This should perform very well.

specizripn

Established Member
Wow! I didn't anticipate anything like this coming out so quickly! Can't wait until it reaches production. I would love to see how much of a difference this makes.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I'd love to see the FEA done on those rear control arms where they meet the coil over shock. As well as the CAD file for the cradle.

Watson has all the data to build an IRS cradle that would allow retrofitting the '15 IRS (with commensurate mods) to the S197 chassis. That, I really want to see.

Nice stuff Steve.

Anthony K

Established Member
For the whole cradle, housing, 3rd member, brakes, axles, shocks..... I'd say that's ball park.

Cradle alone won't be overly bad

BMR Tech

^ Agree.

But the cradle alone is nothing more than a cool glass holder for a coffee table. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread