2015+ SRT 392 Challengers

Sirraf

Established Member
For those that have had them or still have them, what are your thoughts on these cars? I have found some great deals on used SRT 392's for low-mid 30's with pretty low miles. The last Challenger I drove was a 2010 R/T, and I found it to be very comfortable. How are these newer gen Challengers? I am strongly considering buying one if I can find the right color with the mileage I want. Is there anything I should be aware of, or stay away from? How is the aftermarket for these cars? What kind of power can be made on the 6.4?

I should also add, I am not looking to make a race car. I just want a comfortable and fun weekend car to tool around in.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Friend of mine has one and loves it. I think a tune will give it some. Boost is very limited like low 5psi? Any deals on 2015 Hellcats if you can swing that? Either way he SRT392 is still very nice.

@Zemedici

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sirraf

Established Member
Friend of mine has one and loves it. I think a tune will give it some. Boost is very limited like low 5psi? Any deals on 2015 Hellcats if you can swing that? Either way he SRT392 is still very nice.

@Zemedici

I do like Hellcats, but I am not looking to spend that much on something.

noco5.0

Established Member
They are great cars and you can find some good deals on them. I've had a Scat Pack and am now on my second Hellcat. I think the 392s are pretty bullet proof if you leave them fairly stock. The TA was kind of a sales flop from what I've read. I think they are cool since they come with the big brakes and the 392 engine. You could definitely get a lightly used one in the 30s and would have something not that common. If you like loaded vehicles there are good deals on the SRT 392 cars also, but they always seemed like a wanna be Hellcat to me whereas the Scat Pack and TA were more bare bones bang for the buck type cars.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
I bought one in June and absolutey love it! it's a manual and I honestly could not be happier, you're going to lose to most newer Mustangs and Camaros, so don't buy one looking to own the streets lol, but as far as being a comfortable car, that looks cool af, and sounds amazing with no exhaust work, they are amazing! here’s mine on my new wheels just mounted yesterday, 315’s on the rear, lowered on Eibach Pro Kit springs

491de2296f36f448e6cd431109036e5a.jpg

6b12949783d4f5d41bad255e6e93ef4c.jpg

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member

@Zemedici

Thanks buddy.

Weekend cruiser that’s comfy? Absolutely. They’re no slouch for their weight either.

If you’re looking to boost, don’t. Hahaha

Sirraf

Established Member
What are most people doing to get more power out of them reliably? Is there a popular forum for them?

Sirraf

Established Member
I bought one in June and absolutey love it! it's a manual and I honestly could not be happier, you're going to lose to most newer Mustangs and Camaros, so don't buy one looking to own the streets lol, but as far as being a comfortable car, that looks cool af, and sounds amazing with no exhaust work, they are amazing! here’s mine on my new wheels just mounted yesterday, 315’s on the rear, lowered on Eibach Pro Kit springs

View attachment 1515784

View attachment 1515785
need more pics pleeeeease!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Not gonna lie, I'd love a 392 Charger as a daily. I know we're talking Challengers, but same difference as far as this conversation is concerned. Also, 5th gen Camaros and S550 or later 5.0s will be a walk in the park unless boosted or FBO.

They're solid vehicles for sure.

Sirraf

Established Member
Love the look, love the interior updates... love the price.

But the engine is made of glass.
When you say glass, are we talking can't handle heads and cam glass? That would probably be my end goal. I am not looking to boost it. Adding another 50-60 HP, sure.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I bought one in June and absolutely love it! it's a manual and I honestly could not be happier, you're going to lose to most newer Mustangs and Camaros, so don't buy one looking to own the streets lol, but as far as being a comfortable car, that looks cool af, and sounds amazing with no exhaust work, they are amazing! here’s mine on my new wheels just mounted yesterday, 315’s on the rear, lowered on Eibach Pro Kit springs

View attachment 1515784

View attachment 1515785
THAT'S a good looking 393 Challenger. I really like the paint color and the black wheels. Just looks MEAN! No engine mods?

Zodiac

Established Member
No experience with the Challenger, but I do have a Charger. Absolutely love it. Only car I have ever kept stock, and I'm over a year and a half into ownership. uConnect is an amazing setup as well, blows the GM and Ford equivalent out of the water.

Mods are there for the 6.4, but fairly pricey. The 6.4 doesn't take well to boost as the pistons will be the weak point.

Of the big 3 pony/muscle cars you can't beat the Dodges for comfort.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
really? they're really expensive dude, I paid more for my leftover 17 model SRT than my 16 Mustang was msrp..........

You can get a used SCAT for high 20's these days. New, with rebates and dealer discounts, you can get one OTD for mid 30's with options. Go price out a Mustang GT and get back to me.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
When you say glass, are we talking can't handle heads and cam glass? That would probably be my end goal. I am not looking to boost it. Adding another 50-60 HP, sure.

They can't be boosted. At the point of doing HCI, its like - why not just buy a Hellcat?

HCI is going to be over $5k and one major PIA to be making low-mid 500hp on pump w/o Nitrous

scott_0

Established Member
THAT'S a good looking 393 Challenger. I really like the paint color and the black wheels. Just looks MEAN! No engine mods?
thank you! and no sir, don't really think I will do any engine mods either, the low end torque is very enjoyable

You can get a used SCAT for high 20's these days. New, with rebates and dealer discounts, you can get one OTD for mid 30's with options. Go price out a Mustang GT and get back to me.
yeah, guess I'm thinking about the SRT models that are really costly because are really no options to speak of, once I optioned a SP to my liking, it'd be more than a Mustang

Users who are viewing this thread