2015's testing at drag strip

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Referring to the ET's obviously...
Not to hijack this thread but what did you run? I went 13.3 @ 105 in my 01 stock and never saw a quick time posted than that. This was in the middle of summer with a 2000 foot DA and 2.17 60'.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I wonder since ford will have FRPP severe duty halfshafts will they have a fix for the wheelhop as well. But these times make me wonder how SCT got that 12.86 out of their '15. I will say when I had my last super coupe with the mildly built rear end, lsc alloy center section,3.73's and the ford racing caron fiber clutch pack with 2 extra discs thrown in, it would wheel hop its nuts off if it dead hooked. If i spun it with a little more rpm it would actually get better 60ft's as the tires didnt get full traction right away.

On a side note has anyone seen any dealer markups yet. Just saw a listing for a 50anv model for 69,995 with a msrp of 46,985...WOW
Some others have anywhere from a 1500-6k buck markup.....and so it begins! Good thing I actually found a few that have knocked off 1k bucks. Theres a dealer about 30miles from me that just got several in stock, including a C.O. GT May go down and look at it tomorrow.

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
**update**

Rev auto ran an 11.87@117 in the ingot 15 in this thread on Welds big and littles, a JLT cai, and I believe they said an SCT tune, as I believe my buddy said Adam told him they havent actually dyno tuned it yet. they have ARH long tubes and an off road x waiting for install as well!

Last edited:

94Gt5.0

Allgo5oh
Established Member
**update**

Rev auto ran an 11.87@117 in the ingot 15 in this thread on Welds big and littles, a JLT cai, and I believe they said an SCT tune, as I believe my buddy said Adam told him they havent actually dyno tuned it yet. they have ARH long tubes and an off road x waiting for install as well!

Nice! Auto or MT car?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Not to hijack this thread but what did you run? I went 13.3 @ 105 in my 01 stock and never saw a quick time posted than that. This was in the middle of summer with a 2000 foot DA and 2.17 60'.

13.25 @ 105 with a 2.06 60' I only went to the track a few times with it.

Last edited:

BladeX10

Established Member
The 2015's are starting to disappoint me a tad. Those cars look like they have as much wheel hop as the 03/04 Cobras, So what the hell changed?

DougNuts

'18 F150
Established Member
Sadly they seem to have carried some of the old tech with the wheel hope. You'd think this would have been #1 on ford list to address after the 03-04 cobra hop.

Negative, zero design was carried over.

Did you guys not see the video of Ford's drag strip testing a few weeks ago? The mod list clearly stated that they had modifications (that I assume are bushing inserts) to help eliminate hop. The fixes will be available.

SVTPete83

Established Member
Negative, zero design was carried over.

Did you guys not see the video of Ford's drag strip testing a few weeks ago? The mod list clearly stated that they had modifications (that I assume are bushing inserts) to help eliminate hop. The fixes will be available.
Personally I think the "fixes" should already be on the damned car to start with!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I strongly disagree. A company that got rid of the IRS and put a solid axle in to the Mustangs for another 10 years to again come to normal muscle car status (which all have irs's) should not hop period. The challenger hellcat doesn't look like it hops.

It comes down to tires and bushings. The factory has to use tires that will last a certain number of miles, with bushing material that does both damping of noise and resists displacement. Ford built a Mustang to the general public’s standard, not the enthusiast’s standard. If you use softer tires and more deflection resistant bushings, it would lessen the hop, of course at the cost of a lot of noise, rough ride and poor tire lifespan.

The 6spd Challenger are plagued with horrible wheel hop. Not sure if it was addressed on the Hellcat, the automatics obviously do fine.

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I wonder since ford will have FRPP severe duty halfshafts

The best solution is to resolve wheelhop in the first place rather than install halfshafts to withstand it.

The 2015 has hope, the weight distribution is way better than what it was. IMO, it wouldn't take much to resolve the wheel hop. Now the additional weight is an entirely different story. Personally, I hate the Mustang tips in at nearly 3750lbs. That's way more limiting than wheelhop once you start modding.

brad65ford

Ford Powered
Established Member
After watching this and thinking about these IRS units.. i wonder if any new tech from these IRS' will eventually make its way to us "old school" IRS fans..

Has there even been a picture of the entire unit posted yet?

Yeah sure we can add the new irs to the older cobra to have even more hop and weaker parts lol
I had to :smmon:

Its actually shocking to see all the videos of multiple difference companys testing these new 15's and all are hoping all over the place like easter bunnys. Seems like its worse then the 03 cobra by far. Wonder if its the tires they may have went with at the end of production, you'd think they would have tested a matching set of tires that wouldn't make it hop easily. WTF ford nice winner.

Last edited:

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
**update**

Those are solid numbers!

Users who are viewing this thread