2016 SVT GT350/500 Info

cdh027

Established Member
would be nice to be able to buy a vehicle and not have to mod it lol

Quote of the year. You know damn well it doesnt matter what the OEM's produce, everyone on a site like this will mod them. They could produce a 1000hp tt mustang and we would be trying to figure out how to get another 200hp with bolt ons or bigger turbos. :beer:

RedNightmare06

Established Member
5.2 580hp NA
12.5 -1 compression
It will be a 5.0 lilter block punch out to 5.2 with the spray bore.
It will be direct injected, bigger cams and ported heads.
It will also have killer brakes (close to 16 inch)

the only turbo 5.0-5.2 will be in the CJ cars

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
There isn't going to be a 15 SVT product. We've been saying that for months.

mustangc

This too shall pass
Established Member
What I'd like to see: TVS Supercharged 5.3L coyote, to be shared with the next SVT F150 Raptor.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Myself I would like to see a turbo 5.0. A single would be just fine, as well as the stock appearance. While I do like the supercharged feel, the turbo is a little more street fun/friendly. Even enjoyed driving my bro in laws Acura rdx turbo last weekend. Just being able to ease into the boost here and there is fun for me.

b_turbo454

Established Member
Im going to be in the market for a new car when this becomes available, as it is going to be more of a track car/autocross car and weekend cruiser, im hoping for a definate upgrade to put all the gm lovers in thier place(i might not always be able to out autox a vette) but sick of hearing how the z28 decimates all, also want something that has plenty of go(love my brothers '13 gt500) but want a better corner carver as his doesnt always get the power down even with race tires and it makes for a wild drift session, sounds like its going to be the ticket and cant wait to see it in person

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
My guess:

GT350 5.0 Direct Injected supercharged 550hp
GT500/Cobra D.I. Twin Turbo 650+hp

Crowley

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
with the Cobra Jet getting a TT 5.0 Motor it wouldn't suprise me if the SVT is something along those lines.. Just my realistic .02

04svtsnke

Established Member
:-D
How about brembos in the back too!

Would be awesome to have some 4 piston binders in the back. Normally ford just goes with bigger rotors with a caliper relocation bracket. I hope they steer away from that if they want to sell any overseas where their competitors will have them on.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
5.2 580hp NA
12.5 -1 compression
It will be a 5.0 lilter block punch out to 5.2 with the spray bore.
It will be direct injected, bigger cams and ported heads.
It will also have killer brakes (close to 16 inch)

the only turbo 5.0-5.2 will be in the CJ cars

I think this gem of a response slipped by most people. This is the most credible info I've heard yet...

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I think this gem of a response slipped by most people. This is the most credible info I've heard yet...

That would be sweet, but I just don't see that kind of specific output happening on a $50-60K car. The motor wold most likely end up being some low torque, super rev'r, which I think gets away from the mustang heritage. Unless they really sort out a manual transmission, shifting a 9000 rpm motor could be tricky.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
That would be sweet, but I just don't see that kind of specific output happening on a $50-60K car. The motor wold most likely end up being some low torque, super rev'r, which I think gets away from the mustang heritage. Unless they really sort out a manual transmission, shifting a 9000 rpm motor could be tricky.

Ford already said the premium model would go up in price by a good % and I'm imagining that the pp will no longer be optional, possibly not even the tp. Most 13/14s were ordered with those options so this could be a 65-70k entry sticker. The rumors have been consistent from well-placed sources inside Ford that they're working on a 5.2 with a flat-plane crank with DI. I think the increased displacement would give this motor better torque than a Ferrari 4.5 and that Ford would enjoy a much improved economy of scale over low-volume Ferrari to be able to offer this level of engine on a car less than 100k.

The 5.0 Coyotes can hit around 500 flywheel with the new FRPP intake so it's not much of a stretch to think 580 is achievable with Increased compression, bigger valves, bigger cams, better intake, DI, and flat-plane crank.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The rumors have been consistent from well-placed sources inside Ford that they're working on a 5.2 with a flat-plane crank with DI

The S550 400# weight loss rumors were pretty consistent too early on, but we all know how that will end up. Anyone really in the know, isn't leaking anything at this point.

It will be an exciting next several months wishing and dreaming about the next SVT Mustang. Do we think they'll try to avoid the GG tax this time around? That could have a significant impact on the type of package they end up going with.

Last edited:

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Do we think they'll try to avoid the GG tax this time around? That could have a significant impact on the type of package they end up going with.

Probably. It would be silly to go backwards. Plus they marketed the hell out of the GT500 that it avoids GG tax.

Users who are viewing this thread