2016 SVT GT350/500 Info

8gtoklr

Established Member
I've heard the same thing. TT 5.0 making 550 hp.

Will they keep it the "gt500" or will it go back to the SVT cobra?

I'm heading to the Philly Auto Show tomorrow. I'll see if I can round up any rumors.

GT 350 looks good!! If this is the route they are taking???

2015-ford-mustang-gt350-render_100449023_m.jpg

Mach One????

859899_504305629677355_1415034276_o.jpg

with this engine from GT90 concept

1995-ford-gt90-concept-only-engine.jpg

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
Trinity is dead, but these mules sound ALOT like the 13-14 GT500s...
I don't see ford investing in a flat plane crank.
Now a 5.2 with a blower, probably more realistic.
Uses an existing casting, could even use the standard heads, same oil pan, same headers etc.... Only difference would be front dress, blower, cams, and the ecu. Sure plenty of small bits aswell, but that's the bulk of it. regular 5.0 can make 550+ safely with a blower, so alittle more displacement, 2.3 tvs, and the dressings to go with... I see alot of potential.

MNCobra

Established Member
rumor I heard is:

The GT350 is slated for 2016. Probably Summer of 15. The 2015 Models will not be released until September of this year 2014 in which they will probably run about 8 months until around May of 15 and be replaced with the 16’s. At that time, rumor has it the GT350 will have a 5.2L engine with a twin turbo rather than a supercharger. It will probably make somewhere around 600hp from my understanding.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
rumor I heard is:

The GT350 is slated for 2016. Probably Summer of 15. The 2015 Models will not be released until September of this year 2014 in which they will probably run about 8 months until around May of 15 and be replaced with the 16’s. At that time, rumor has it the GT350 will have a 5.2L engine with a twin turbo rather than a supercharger. It will probably make somewhere around 600hp from my understanding.

The TT 5.0 in the next svt has already been shot down from a credible source. I would think this would include all variants of the current 5.0.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
Hopefully N/A.....but probably twin turbo

N/A ?? Why? So it can suffocate at high altitude tracks with NO options and get spanked by EVO's... I don't get people that are into N/A.... you must have never lived or raced at high altitude... N/A = Garbage

:bash:

mustangletback

Established Member
:dancenana::pepper:FORD could destroy the CRAPMARO,and start a fight with the vette with these types of numbers.
1.mustang gt with 475hp.
2.gt350 with 650hp.
3.SVT COBRA with 725hp.

Lemers

Established Member
It would really be nice to get some real facts from Ford on this car. I was just told that I'm going to Germany next summer for 3 years and can compete in a lottery for a right to buy one when the Exchange gets its allocations.

Price is a huge factor on if I wait for the lottery each year or just have a GT shipped over.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
It would really be nice to get some real facts from Ford on this car. I was just told that I'm going to Germany next summer for 3 years and can compete in a lottery for a right to buy one when the Exchange gets its allocations.

Price is a huge factor on if I wait for the lottery each year or just have a GT shipped over.

This will not answer your question but add to your knowledge of the new car and its expectations. My source who has the 2013(he also chose to get a 5.0 in 11 over the GT500 because he knew about the new 13), says that he will definitely be purchasing the new svt mustang, and that its performance will be significantly better than the 13/14.

rancid

Established Member
This will not answer your question but add to your knowledge of the new car and its expectations. My source who has the 2013(he also chose to get a 5.0 in 11 over the GT500 because he knew about the new 13), says that he will definitely be purchasing the new svt mustang, and that its performance will be significantly better than the 13/14.

Maybe handling but I seriously doubt it will be a huge improvement in motor performance unless they found a way to shed weight to help balance the car better.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Maybe handling but I seriously doubt it will be a huge improvement in motor performance unless they found a way to shed weight to help balance the car better.

I said its hard to imagine where they could go from the 13/14 GT500. He just smiled and nodded his head to the affirmative.

Users who are viewing this thread