2017 R Model - $25k ADM

Snoopy49

Established Member
Basically, there are more people in California. More targets of opportunity + less accountability = higher prices. A dealer in a large city in California doesn't have to depend on repeat customers, so there is a lot of gouging going on here.

krt22

Established Member
Basically, there are more people in California. More targets of opportunity + less accountability = higher prices. A dealer in a large city in California doesn't have to depend on repeat customers, so there is a lot of gouging going on here.
And not just any people, wealthy and ultra-wealthy people

People here pay for services to deliver their food, bring them gas, park their car, do their laundry, clean their house, pack their bags for travel, etc etc. So when you are spending copious amount of your income on convenience services like this, a few k over on a hot car isn't a big deal.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would almost think the opposite for a car like this, that the ADM would be higher in Mass than CA due to Mass dealers having much smaller if any allocations.

I went to my dealer for a 2012 Laguna seca. He couldn't get any, not even any regular Boss 302's. The dealer in Alabama where I got it from, had 9 boss 302 and 1 LS.

I called him about the GT350, he got 7 regular and 1 R for 2016, and expects the same for 2017.

My dealer sells 10-12 mustangs a year, dealer in Alabama sells 300-400 mustangs a year. Of course he will get more allocations.

I understand that train of thought too.... but I promise. Cars are more expensive in California.

CO Mack

Established Member
The R is different than the 13/14 GT500.

GT350 production will be comparable to the GT500's.

The R will not.

Yep, already at this point in the 13-14 cycle you could get a GT500 for MSRP or less. You are not going to buy an R at MSRP without luck or a special relationship.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had an offer to buy an R today.. But I had to buy 37 F-150's with it. Dumping $1.8mil just to get 1 meaningful car just wasn't in the cards for me lol

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Really and what would you have sold it for?

$45k. :dw:

I would've turned around and sold it to another dealer that's paying $25k+ for them before it even hit my showroom.

FAFDA.png

EDIT: I know some of you guys have a short memory...but when the 2013 GT500s hit the dealer's lots, they were the fastest moving vehicle (lowest days in stock) in recent history.

Last edited:

02GTKB

Nolimits
Established Member
$45k. :dw:

I would've turned around and sold it to another dealer that's paying $25k+ for them before it even hit my showroom.

View attachment 66063

EDIT: I know some of you guys have a short memory...but when the 2013 GT500s hit the dealer's lots, they were the fastest moving vehicle (lowest days in stock) in recent history.

Ouch!!! If you said sticker oh my word you would be getting an ear full haha

RusWolf

Established Member
Not sure about CA, buy when i lived in WA it did surprise me that cars in general had a higher asking price than same cars around NYC tri state area.

Which made me laugh a few times especially when i saw a $2k ADM on a Jetta and $2 or $3k on 2011 5.0 back in 2011.

They were literally throwing ADM's on EVERY car on the lot!
I bet some people didn't even realize that they started their "deal making" from
MSRP +$2 or 3k instead of MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bknapp

Established Member
I'm from CA and I'm on a plane flying to AZ to pick up a regular 350 with a small ADM. I've called all over the country and couldn't even get dealers to talk to me when I said I won't pay ADM. I even went to a dealer in CA that had a Tech Pack car with a $30K ADM and he said they would drop it to $15,000. I offered $3,000 over and they pretty much laughed at me. I hate paying over but I think what I'm paying is worth it. Maybe not, but from what I have read and seen on YouTube, the fun factor will be worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
It's because some of the "cool kids" keep coming around and talking like it's a GOOD thing to pay ADM on a Mustang. And you know how most people don't want to stand up to the "cool kids."

Dealerships are betting there are more stupid people out there than there is GT350(R) production. And, unfortunately, they're winning every hand!

Please provide links to all previous discussion where people say "It's good to pay ADM on a Mustang." It's not good, it's not bad. You can either whine about the market price of goods and service until the earth is destroyed in a fiery apocalypse or you can move on with your life. Jesus.

Compare and contrast your endless bitching to:

Chevy looks like they really mean business this time around with the new ZL1 and Z/28! I wouldn't mind owning either one of them.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Its cool man. I don't like ADMS any more than you do. MA is simply not CA. So my choice was NOT to get what I really wanted....or pay some ADM. This time I paid ADM.

You're ****ing crazy man! OH MY GOD ARGLE BARGLE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!!! INDIVIDUAL RATIONAL ECONOMIC DECISIONS ARE THE WORST!!!!!!

krt22

Established Member
Please provide links to all previous discussion where people say "It's good to pay ADM on a Mustang." It's not good, it's not bad. You can either whine about the market price of goods and service until the earth is destroyed in a fiery apocalypse or you can move on with your life. Jesus.

Bingo. All the ADM homers keep saying the same thing as well. No one wants to pay ADM, no one condones paying ADM, and certainly no one actually celebrates paying ADM. Its just a harsh reality of the current market for the R. If you want an R, 99% chance (or higher) that you will have to pay some ADM, if you aren't willing to pay an ADM, 99% chance you will not ever own the R. Very simple!

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member

You can continue with your stalker-ish posts or you can move on with your life. Jesus.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
You can continue with your stalker-ish posts or you can move on with your life. Jesus.

Blah blah blah.

It's because some of the "cool kids" keep coming around and talking like it's a GOOD thing to pay ADM on a Mustang. And you know how most people don't want to stand up to the "cool kids."

Who are these "cool kids" you speak of? Keep up the good fight man, it's really working out for you. Anointed Knight, Protector of the Realm of Markupia.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Blah blah blah.

Who are these "cool kids" you speak of? Keep up the good fight man, it's really working out for you.

Seriously? You have got to be the pettiest [presumably] grown man I've ever encountered. Go to a doctor and get your estrogen levels checked. You're way too in touch with your emotions.

Snoopy49

Established Member

If you guys insist on using my gardeners name, he would like to post his business name and phone number as compensation. Due to the current draught in California, he can use all the free advertising he can get.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread