2017 R Model - $25k ADM

oldmachguy

Established Member
Just got offered a 2017 GT350R allocation for $25k ADM.

FWIW, my initial reaction is I would do $75k - $80k, but not $92k.

Thoughts?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It's crazy that these threads are so prevalent.

A year ago, dealer's were crooks, etc, for selling anything at over MSRP. Now people are downright saying that they could see $8-15k over ADM.

Crazy how time changes everything.

paluka21

Established Member

A year ago, dealer's were crooks, etc, for selling anything at over MSRP. Now people are downright saying that they could see $8-15k over ADM.

Exactly. For me, I just couldn't be 'ok' with essentially throwing $25K out the window unless I'm a rich rock star. All folks are doing by giving into these prices are encouraging ridiculous ADM's from dealers to essentially steal their money and keep it for profit.
For each their own, but I'd rather be patient, wait, and see if one could be ordered from another dealer some place else.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For each their own, but I'd rather be patient, wait, and see if one could be ordered from another dealer some place else.
Well. That won't happen either. LOL

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

paluka21

Established Member
Well. That won't happen either. LOL

Obviously not with everyone, but it did with me when I purchased my '14 new. I waited till some of the hype was dying down and all the people who "had to have one now" purchased theirs at sky high ADM prices. I waited, found the one I wanted, and purchased it outright. LOL Matter of fact, I drove it off the showroom floor and probably will with a future GT500 model as well.
Shelby_showroom.JPG
But I get it, dealers don't want the hype to die down, they just like taking the suckers money. Right?

Last edited:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Obviously not with everyone, but it did with me when I purchased my '14 new. I waited till some of the hype was dying down and all the people who "had to have one now" purchased theirs at sky high ADM prices. I waited, found the one I wanted, and purchased it outright. LOL
But I get it, dealers don't want the hype to die down, they just like taking the suckers money. Right?

The R is different than the 13/14 GT500.

GT350 production will be comparable to the GT500's.

The R will not.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i guess it just depends on how bad you wanna own a brand new one... as mentioned above unless I was just filthy DGAF rich, I dont think I could do it.

phil123

Established Member
Its a great car at list or a few K more. I just don't see how that is a 92K car. It is to you then I guess it is worth it.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
40-50k has been the standard response from many dealers.

25k only sounds reasonable since the market is so high.

There are a few true no ADM dealerships but that is the problem. Only a few of them exist, they don't advertise that fact, and chances are they already have a list going if they even get another allocation by lottery

96gt02

Established Member
obviously not with everyone, but it did with me when i purchased my '14 new. I waited till some of the hype was dying down and all the people who "had to have one now" purchased theirs at sky high adm prices. I waited, found the one i wanted, and purchased it outright. Lol matter of fact, i drove it off the showroom floor and probably will with a future gt500 model as well.
View attachment 65887
but i get it, dealers don't want the hype to die down, they just like taking the suckers money. Right?

the r is different than the 13/14 gt500.

Gt350 production will be comparable to the gt500's.

The r will not.

exactly^ the r will be nothing comparable to the gt500s of the past as far obtain-ability

BlownAway03

Established Member

I'm so disappointed in many of my fellow enthusiasts. This is in no way a $90k car. I almost can't believe people's willingness to bend over and get rodded on these cars. Ford dealers have just been given the OK to be even more ridiculous when the next "hot" Mustang comes along.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
The R is different than the 13/14 GT500.

GT350 production will be comparable to the GT500's.

The R will not.

And this R is different then the previous generation Cobra Rs. Where there were only 117, 250 and 300 made and you had to have a competition drivers license be approved to buy one. This R is on par with the Laguna Seca Boss as far as production #s and performance upgrades over the standard car. Currently the LS Boss is not bringing gobs more money. In fact the 12 LS can be had for less then the 13 base Boss is. The 93,95 and 00 R also reached a point where mere mortals could buy one in the 20s and 30s range.

Nearly all cars depreciate and some do more then others. There are very few exceptions to this rule. For most cars their all time low price point is in the 8-12 year old range and then they will start increasing in value again if they are kept in good condition. You can see a bell curve on nearly anything humans put a value on.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
For most cars......then they will start increasing in value again if they are kept in good condition.

I agree with everything, but that ^^^^.

Most cars never appreciate. Some do, but a very small percentage. The only GT350R that will appreciate, is the 37 MY15 R's, IMO.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
And this R is different then the previous generation Cobra Rs. Where there were only 117, 250 and 300 made and you had to have a competition drivers license be approved to buy one. This R is on par with the Laguna Seca Boss as far as production #s and performance upgrades over the standard car. Currently the LS Boss is not bringing gobs more money. In fact the 12 LS can be had for less then the 13 base Boss is. The 93,95 and 00 R also reached a point where mere mortals could buy one in the 20s and 30s range.

Nearly all cars depreciate and some do more then others. There are very few exceptions to this rule. For most cars their all time low price point is in the 8-12 year old range and then they will start increasing in value again if they are kept in good condition. You can see a bell curve on nearly anything humans put a value on.

Only the 93R required a competition license.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I was offered a 2017R at sticker, but I passed.

Right now for me it's easier to swing a $60k GT350 vs. a $72k 350R.

I could do it, I just don't want to stretch myself at this point in time.

SVT_28

Established Member

Everything changes for people when they have the opportunity right in front of them.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Everything changes for people when they have the opportunity right in front of them.
This is anything but a good opportunity lol

Users who are viewing this thread