2017 R Model - $25k ADM

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I don't think this R version is special enough to warrant the ADM $$. If it was the only model that had a special engine (like some of the other R's), then I can see the value. But where the biggest difference is the wheels, I just don't see it holding up as well in the long run like the other R cars.

Last edited:

liter of cola

Established Member
So now your getting an R DAVESVT2000?? You just said you passed on it. Bro please pm me if you change your mind. I would kill for an R at msrp.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
The dealer offered me sticker as a repeat customer.

I know someone else here who called this dealer and was quoted $20k over.

SoCalShark

Established Member
It is funny. There are continuing threads about folks upset about ADM on the R and also the regular GT350. Market is market and reality is reality. The non-R's will relax in most every area as the hype dies down over time. The R on the other hand is questionable. If you think you will find an R at Sticker. Power to you but I don't think it will happen. At my dealer alone there was a list of 10 folks ready to buy and ADM was not a question, it was just going to happen. And you could negotiate it where you could get it. Basically, Cars are NOT invenstments unless a) you are a collector or b) it is a means of assisting you in providing income via your job. Otherwise these cars are for "fun." Some folks go and spend tons of $$ on movies, lavish dinners, concerts etc and nobody jumps them for blowing that money on entertainment. All of us are car lovers. That said it comes down to what you can afford to pay, what your market is demanding and how much $ you feel is what you want to spend for ENTERTAINMENT. Personally, before I got my R I was excited about it. Then after driving it, I told my dealer they left money on the table in my negotiation. Most fun car I have ever driven, period. I and I have been fortunate enough to drive some cool cars. Also for those wondering where all the R's are currently. I know first hand, that when I got mine, there was a black one that was on the same truck. A guy who had @ 400 miles on a NON-R traded it within 10 minutes of knowing he could get the R. And, I just met (while at my dealer the other day) 2 other guys awaiting delivery of their R's (and they both have 15 Non-R's too.) One yellow and one red coming. So they are a coming, and folks are jumping on them like a hound on a porchop no matter what the ADM is out here in CA.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Imo I wouldn't pay that much over if it was the only one made. The car has the price on the window for a reason. Imo any adm is bs....

SoCalShark

Established Member
I wouldn't pay an adm for any car. Most I would pay for an R is sticker. I don't care how many people are paying adms. To me it's retarded.

Its cool man. I don't like ADMS any more than you do. MA is simply not CA. So my choice was NOT to get what I really wanted....or pay some ADM. This time I paid ADM.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Just crazy. If I had time I would go back and link all the ADM bashing threads.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

It's because some of the "cool kids" keep coming around and talking like it's a GOOD thing to pay ADM on a Mustang. And you know how most people don't want to stand up to the "cool kids."

Paying ADM = stupid
Dealerships are betting there are more stupid people out there than you think !!

Dealerships are betting there are more stupid people out there than there is GT350(R) production. And, unfortunately, they're winning every hand!

It is funny. There are continuing threads about folks upset about ADM on the R and also the regular GT350. Market is market and reality is reality. The non-R's will relax in most every area as the hype dies down over time. The R on the other hand is questionable. If you think you will find an R at Sticker. Power to you but I don't think it will happen. At my dealer alone there was a list of 10 folks ready to buy and ADM was not a question, it was just going to happen. And you could negotiate it where you could get it. Basically, Cars are NOT invenstments unless a) you are a collector or b) it is a means of assisting you in providing income via your job. Otherwise these cars are for "fun." Some folks go and spend tons of $$ on movies, lavish dinners, concerts etc and nobody jumps them for blowing that money on entertainment. All of us are car lovers. That said it comes down to what you can afford to pay, what your market is demanding and how much $ you feel is what you want to spend for ENTERTAINMENT. Personally, before I got my R I was excited about it. Then after driving it, I told my dealer they left money on the table in my negotiation. Most fun car I have ever driven, period. I and I have been fortunate enough to drive some cool cars. Also for those wondering where all the R's are currently. I know first hand, that when I got mine, there was a black one that was on the same truck. A guy who had @ 400 miles on a NON-R traded it within 10 minutes of knowing he could get the R. And, I just met (while at my dealer the other day) 2 other guys awaiting delivery of their R's (and they both have 15 Non-R's too.) One yellow and one red coming. So they are a coming, and folks are jumping on them like a hound on a porchop no matter what the ADM is out here in CA.

Californians OVERPAY for everything, though. Prices of stuff over there are so far out of whack that they shouldn't even be factored into any equation, just written off as outliers.

Last edited:

RES0574

Established Member
I will be paying $78K for my 2017R. I ordered it last week. While I will be paying an ADM for the R, I will be getting that back on the 17 Expedition and the 17 F250 I will be buying this year.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I will be paying $78K for my 2017R. I ordered it last week. While I will be paying an ADM for the R, I will be getting that back on the 17 Expedition and the 17 F250 I will be buying this year.

Oh come on lol

Whether you bought the R or not, you would be buying the F-250 and Expedition at the same discounted price.

If you want to justify it to yourself, that's fine, but if you're trying to justify it to us..just stop.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not getting it.

A 2017 gt350r has a higher price from the factory in ca as compared to ma??

No. Same MSRP.

But used cars sell for more in California than they do just about anywhere. Thus, it is common for new cars to bring more money.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
No. Same MSRP.

But used cars sell for more in California than they do just about anywhere. Thus, it is common for new cars to bring more money.

I would almost think the opposite for a car like this, that the ADM would be higher in Mass than CA due to Mass dealers having much smaller if any allocations.

I went to my dealer for a 2012 Laguna seca. He couldn't get any, not even any regular Boss 302's. The dealer in Alabama where I got it from, had 9 boss 302 and 1 LS.

I called him about the GT350, he got 7 regular and 1 R for 2016, and expects the same for 2017.

My dealer sells 10-12 mustangs a year, dealer in Alabama sells 300-400 mustangs a year. Of course he will get more allocations.

Users who are viewing this thread