2017 ZL1 Beat the 350R Around the Ring.

SirShaun

Established Member
As I thought would happen, the ZL1 beat the GT350R around the ring. Get those 350R's ready for trade in when the GT500 comes out. That 10 speed auto is a game changer.

"Lapping the Nürburgring Nordschleife in a blistering 7:29.60, the new 2017 Camaro ZL1’s lap time at the world’s most challenging track is 11.67 seconds quicker than the previous ZL1’s fast lap."

7:29.60 in comparison to the GT350R at 7:32.19

[video=youtube;FrFnrcpBj5k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrFnrcpBj5k[/video]

Last edited:

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Are you talking about the 350R ring time that horsepowerkings "leaked" but was never official?

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
just as it should. its got more power and is brand new. chevy isn't going to release a car thats slower than the GT350/R.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Considering the stupid mark up on the GT350R I'm not sure why anyone would want one anyways. Hopefully the performance of the ZL1 doesn't run the price way up like it did on the GT350.

SirShaun

Established Member
I just want a GT500 with a 10 speed auto, that's all I know.

The video is straight from Chevrolet's youtube account, uploaded today.

Credit is owed where credit is due. They made that mufugga work.

"Lapping the Nürburgring Nordschleife in a blistering 7:29.60, the new 2017 Camaro ZL1’s lap time at the world’s most challenging track is 11.67 seconds quicker than the previous ZL1’s fast lap."

kaz109

Established Member
I will take a 350R over a ZL1 anyday of the week. NA>F.I . Power isn't everything for my driving experience

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I will take a 350R over a ZL1 anyday of the week. NA>F.I . Power isn't everything for my driving experience

What were some of the things you didnt like about the new ZL1 (vs the 350R), when you drove it?

blk02edge

Established Member
whoever compares 'ring times' has some serious mental issues... the variables that can take place even on the same day can be huge. Especially considering there is no official 350R time, AND even if it was, it was 3 seconds like 2 years ago... LOL this should be in smackdown.

for the record I actually like the new zl1 more than the 350R

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
whoever compares 'ring times' has some serious mental issues... the variables that can take place even on the same day can be huge. Especially considering there is no official 350R time, AND even if it was, it was 3 seconds like 2 years ago... LOL this should be in smackdown.

for the record I actually like the new zl1 more than the 350R

Track times are just like dyno numbers. They are good for baselines and comparisons. It isn't the tell all, but if a car is putting huge amount of seconds over a previous generation (last ZL1), performance is clear indication. Ignoring the GT350R reference in this thread, it is 11 seconds faster than last gen, that's huge.

kaz109

Established Member
Do not follow. The ZL1 clearly has the power, the handling, looks pretty awesome and a decent price point. What else are you looking for?

Looks are subjective so you should leave that out next time you want to point out the positives of a car. Anything sub 200k price point doesn't mean much to me anyway as when I spend more than say 40k I throw bang for buck logic out the window. You mentioned it handles well but so does a GT-R...I say that to say it is possible for a car to handle well but not be an enjoyable car to drive.

At the end of the day it can perform well and I would still buy ford over GM just because of my past and now currently present problems with GM build quality. Not to mention it still doespecially not look like the visibility issue from the last Gen was fixed.

I never said this was a horrible car , I simply said I would rather have a slower GT350R

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Considering the stupid mark up on the GT350R I'm not sure why anyone would want one anyways. Hopefully the performance of the ZL1 doesn't run the price way up like it did on the GT350.

Dealer markups shouldn't dissuade anyone from wanting a GT350R. I know I still want one! I'm just not going to play the markup games. So, alas, I'll never own one. (Don't want a used one, and even used GT350s are selling with markups.)

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
BTW, that's obviously not a production spec (read: stock) car. Just like the last time with the Z/28, it has a roll cage and race seats and, no doubt, race rubber. He was going through some of those corners well over 140MPH! I don't think any street tire is going to be able to accomplish that unless the car has some serious down force. I still wouldn't mind having a new ZL1, though. It definitely looks more composed than the GT350(R), even in the pre-production press cars.

phoenix64

Established Member
ZL1 is bad ass, but this beautiful N/A 7.0L will still play me to sleep every night.
[video=youtube;kz70cXFrQ5A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz70cXFrQ5A[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread